U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 AM

8,950 posts, read 9,810,600 times

Advertisements

"I believe today, under the circumstances that we're facing, that the majority of the illegal trespassers that are coming into the state of Arizona are under the direction and control of organized drug cartels and they are bringing drugs in," Brewer said.

"There's strong information to us that they come as illegal people wanting to come to work. Then they are accosted and they become subjects of the drug cartel," she said.

This claim seems way exaggerated. The majority? I thought they were here to take our jobs and get free medical care? I think the AZ Gov needs to make up her mind...

If the claim is exaggerated, why exaggerate what we all know is a problem? To further political ends? Out and out racisim? Stupidity? Why make claims that are so easily disproven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 12:23 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,243,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
"I believe today, under the circumstances that we're facing, that the majority of the illegal trespassers that are coming into the state of Arizona are under the direction and control of organized drug cartels and they are bringing drugs in," Brewer said.

"There's strong information to us that they come as illegal people wanting to come to work. Then they are accosted and they become subjects of the drug cartel," she said.

This claim seems way exaggerated. The majority? I thought they were here to take our jobs and get free medical care? I think the AZ Gov needs to make up her mind...

If the claim is exaggerated, why exaggerate what we all know is a problem? To further political ends? Out and out racisim? Stupidity? Why make claims that are so easily disproven?
Quite easy for you to pontificate from 3,000+ miles away. Why don't you come on down and let me take you on a tour, I'm less than an hour from the border. Don't worry, you'll be safe, I am a strong believer of the 2nd amendment.

Are you aware there are parts of Arizona that we Americans are warned not to travel to because of the gangs and human / drug smuggling? Secure The Border | Support Arizona
Talk is cheap, information is priceless. Like the County official from Wisconsin, you need to educate youself.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 PM

349 posts, read 393,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me in Oro Valley View Post
Quite easy for you to pontificate from 3,000+ miles away. Why don't you come on down and let me take you on a tour, I'm less than an hour from the border. Don't worry, you'll be safe, I am a strong believer of the 2nd amendment.

Are you aware there are parts of Arizona that we Americans are warned not to travel to because of the gangs and human / drug smuggling? Secure The Border | Support Arizona
Talk is cheap, information is priceless. Like the County official from Wisconsin, you need to educate youself.
One's proximity to the border or lack thereof makes difference on the facts.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
I assume you left out a word in the above post--either "little" or "no", perhaps?

If you think that the issue of illegal immigration does not affect those of us who live in border states far more than those like you who live far removed (like the idiot Peggy West) from it, that is naive at best.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

It does not seem at all exaggerated. How do you think illegals come up with the $5000 or more it costs them to be smuggled in? You really think that people with that kind of cash laying around need to become illegals?

Who do you think actually controls the border and everything and everyone that crosses over it?

How do you think drugs are quickly and efficiently transported from Juarez and Tijuana and Nuevo Laredo warehouses to every town and city in the USA? Tons of drugs.

The Mexican cartels control the border. You don't challenge them by deciding on your own you're going to do your own human and/or drug trafficking - they'll kill you for that. They control the border except for what goes on at the legal ports of entry with legal crossers. They also control the large industry of stolen and forged American documents and green cards.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:25 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Most people outside the border region do not realize that Phoenix, Arizona is now the second kidnapping capital of the world. Second only to much larger Mexico City.

Most people away from the border have almost no clue what's going on as far as the border and what is going on as far as violence on the border. They also don't know that a city that sits right on the border is now the most violent city in the world.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
You mean the fact that you are clueless to what is really going on out here in AZ?

Old 06-27-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I assume you left out a word in the above post--either "little" or "no", perhaps?

If you think that the issue of illegal immigration does not affect those of us who live in border states far more than those like you who live far removed (like the idiot Peggy West) from it, that is naive at best.
No, actually one's location has no effect on the facts. None whatsoever.

The fact of the matter is that Brewer did not provide supporting evidence because it doesn't exist.

Do not presume to know my location. I'm not far removed from the border.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me in Oro Valley View Post
You mean the fact that you are clueless to what is really going on out here in AZ?
Ummm, I live in AZ closer to the border than you and I travel along the border cities in the Tucson corridor.

Does that now make anything I say more credible? Of course not.

My location is irrelevant to facts. I, you, or someone else may have antecdotal evidence based on location, but it doesn't entitle us to our own facts without evidence.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Ummm, I live in AZ closer to the border than you and I travel along the border cities in the Tucson corridor.
Wow, then you must either be a drug smuggler or a liberal attorney. Please intellectualize for me the rational for allowing part of our state to be turned over to the smugglers and warning US citizens to stay away.

Last edited by RickTucsonHomes; 06-27-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or