Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please re-read my post. Illegal aliens in AZ are already costing the tax payers money. Arresting and deporting them will likely be more economical.
You're wrong again...Az 1070 isnt about deporting...its about arresting, trying, convicting and jailing aliens. aliens will be turned over to ICE once their sentences are completed for deportation.

if you believe aliens are costing AZ money now, having Thousands of aliens sitting in jail costing Taxpayer's money is not economical.

.................................................. .............................................

some ways 1070 hidden costs.

less Az LEOs on the streets. After LEO effect an arrest, the suspect will have to be returned to the station to have Immigratiopn status verified.[that will take time]

here is something to ponder on this point. Who is going to be doing the verification? Under the 287(g), ICE made status verifcation. Will Az still be using the Federal Governments system to verify or will they have to start completely from scratch and start a new State version of status verification?

And what about Bail. If the person is arrested for improper presence in Arizona withhout documentation, he will be charged with a State[Az] crime. That person would not sit in jail till trial, so bail will have to be offered. Right? Az cant have thousands of aliens sitting in jail till trial, that is just more cost.

If you see savings to LE please list, if you see other hidden/unseen costs of 1070, please add them to the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You're wrong again...Az 1070 isnt about deporting...its about arresting, trying, convicting and jailing aliens. aliens will be turned over to ICE once their sentences are completed for deportation.

if you believe aliens are costing AZ money now, having Thousands of aliens sitting in jail costing Taxpayer's money is not economical.

.................................................. .............................................

less Az LEOs on the streets. After LEO effect an arrest, the suspect will have to be returned to the station to have Immigratiopn status verified.[that will take time]

here is something to ponder on this point. Who is going to be doing the verification? Under the 287(g), ICE made status verifcation. Will Az still be using the Federal Governments system to verify or will they have to start completely from scratch and start a new State version of status verification?

And what about Bail. If the person is arrested for improper presence in Arizona withhout documentation, he will be charged with a State[Az] crime. That person would not sit in jail till trial, so bail will have to be offered. Right? Az cant have thousands of aliens sitting in jail till trial, that is just more cost.

If you see savings to LE please list, if you see other hidden/unseen costs of 1070, please add them to the list.

Crimmigrants who have no charges pending aside from immigration violations will be deported immediately. Other crimmigrants will be held for trial and improsenment prior to deportation. Those same crimmigrants would be incarcerated regardless of the existance of SB1070.
Fail- try again

Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

Seeking out law breakers and taking them off the streets is a part of the American way aka the rule of law. Should we also stop arresting and incarcerating our own home grown criminals just because it costs tax dollars? Surely you jest.

Just recently you said you honor the laws on the books. Well the laws on the books say that illegals must be apprehended and deported. Make up your mind on what your views truly are.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:

The way my neighborhood is going AZ won't have to worry about paying incarceration costs. Some other state might though. In the past month my neighborhood has become eerily quiet. People next door and across the street...gone. The large apt. complex behind me has a half empty parking lot and there hasn't been a parking lot party in weeks. Used to happen nearly every weekend with LOTS of loud music, drinking and fights that went on half the night. It's really nice to be able to sleep with my bedroom windows open to the cool night air now. It seems they are actually leaving!

I'd say that's a pretty good savings to the state and law enforcement won't have to mess with them. Maybe they've all gone to sanctuary cities/states. I bet they haven't gone back to Mexico.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
The way my neighborhood is going AZ won't have to worry about paying incarceration costs. Some other state might though. In the past month my neighborhood has become eerily quiet. People next door and across the street...gone. The large apt. complex behind me has a half empty parking lot and there hasn't been a parking lot party in weeks. Used to happen nearly every weekend with LOTS of loud music, drinking and fights that went on half the night. It's really nice to be able to sleep with my bedroom windows open to the cool night air now. It seems they are actually leaving!

I'd say that's a pretty good savings to the state and law enforcement won't have to mess with them. Maybe they've all gone to sanctuary cities/states. I bet they haven't gone back to Mexico.
Oh fiddlesticks, you mean the law is actually working as intended!!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times

They are spreading like wildfire! From AZ to PA? Ugh.

Quote:
They make a few turns then drive through the center of a quaint town lined with mom-and-pop stores. This is their new home.
Watch that town as it turns from a quaint one with mom & pop stores to a town with lawlessness gang infested drug trading post.

Quote:
Luis got his jobs using fake papers. He has managed to keep working despite the recession and Arizona's employer-sanctions law, which have made it much harder for illegal immigrants to get jobs.
This pisses me off to no end. Recession and laws haven't stopped this parasite from working despite there are millions of unemployed Americans!

I hope Pennsylvania pass its similar law so they will be kicked out!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh fiddlesticks, you mean the law is actually working as intended!!
Maybe better, since the law hasn't actually become a law yet!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
I'd like to see them try and move to Hazleton, PA.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'd like to see them try and move to Hazleton, PA.
Yeah it was huge news here considering Hazleton is 2 hours north of me and I grew up near there, back when there were NO MEXICANS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post

They are spreading like wildfire! From AZ to PA? Ugh.

Watch that town as it turns from a quaint one with mom & pop stores to a town with lawlessness gang infested drug trading post.

This pisses me off to no end. Recession and laws haven't stopped this parasite from working despite there are millions of unemployed Americans!

I hope Pennsylvania pass its similar law so they will be kicked out!
I hope so too, everytime I go to Walmart I see more and more of them here! When I first moved to York I only saw a few but now I see Mexican restaurants opening all over and more Mexicans crowding the customer service desk at both our Walmarts and I don't know if it's true in all Walmarts, but both of ours here in York they actually have specially dedicated MoneyGram forms to SEND money to Mexico. Good news is there's an equivalent of Arizona's SB1070 bill in the works in my General Assembly. I just hope Tom Corbett-R wins the governorship in November because I doubt Dan Onorato-D is going to alienate his Hispanic base in Philly and Allentown by signing the bill into law

Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM

364 posts, read 244,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post

cool
here in tha phoenix area
mor an more ilegal aliens
are leaving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration