U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:16 PM

2,801 posts, read 4,739,550 times

Advertisements

Undocumented couple leave SB 1070 behind

Compelling article regarding the new Immigration law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 06:57 PM

472 posts, read 627,704 times
Seems as though the law works.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,244,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post

That is just soooooo sad. I say just to demonstrate that there are no hard feelings and we wish them well, for any illegal feeling the need to flee Arizona, we all pitch in and buy them bus tickets to any city in the USA that voted to boycott AZ.
Will give liberalcoastbabe her due rep.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
They really need to figure out how to survive in Mexico because the article says that "they don't qualify for legal status." They did this to themselves and now they are potentially a burden on state governments and the federal government. It's all so stupid ... people "coming for a better life," but then having to be on the run all the time. If you have nothing to offer a country and can't get in the legal way by proving that you will work a job other than a restaurant then you should stay in your country and try to make it there because if you don't, you come here illegally and we're in this big mess, reading all this sob-stories about undocumented immigrants. They've been here like 16 years and had the chance to have three kids here? Yet, they are undocumented and "don't qualify for legal status?" How messed up is that? I hate reading stories like this, it's dumb and typical.

She's a "Stay at home Mom?" They got THREE kids and he makes $9.80 an hour? Are they another one of the families I see in Wal-Mart paying for groceries with WIC? She came here to WORK and she is a "stay-at-home-Mom?" LOL Wow, nice way to be "looking for a better life," as the article says, but you just come here, have three children and stay at home as a Mom. What a good deal the USA is delivering up.

All I now is that my dream has always been to move to the West, Arizona is looking better everyday.

Quote:
Daniel wrapped his arms around his father, Gilberto, 48. The father and son stayed locked in embrace for a long time. Daniel was heading to Pennsylvania, his father back to Mexico, way south to Chiapas. They had no idea if they would ever see each other again.
All the more reason for them to blame their country for this and demand a change. Don't blame the USA for not letting you continue to live and work here illegally, blame Mexico. Mexico did this to you.

Last edited by SoEdible; 06-27-2010 at 09:22 PM..

Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:

The law of unintended consequences. The more sob stories from pro illegal aiders/abetters/sympathizers about unwanted uninvited illegal aliens leaving Arizona because of SB1070 the more the other states with their own burgeoning illegal alien problems will be encouraged to pass their own version of SB1070.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
The last hour and a half seem like an eternity. But they finally reach the exit. They make a few turns then drive through the center of a quaint town lined with mom-and-pop stores. This is their new home.
I feel sorry for that "quaint town" with "Mom and Pop shops." It ain't going to be so quaint and Mom-and-Pop anymore.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Definitely another sob story about people who aren't getting away with what they hope to get away with. The United States is a BEAUTIFUL country. We got so much awesome land here, so much opportunity, some places are pristine. Illegal immigrants don't deserve to take a piece of that. I'm sorry, you got to earn your place and show that you are going to add to this country, not burden it. We don't need millions of restaurant workers, farm workers, hotel cleaners and women who have five babies and end up on WIC or food stamps. I meet so many immigrant Hispanic women in grocery lines here in Kentucky who(whom I asked if they were from Mexico or Central America and they said, "Yes") pay for their groceries with WIC. What kind of LOGIC is that? They get to use WIC and food stamps because at least one of their children were born here. Shame ...

Old 06-27-2010, 09:36 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,026,086 times
Quote:

Want to read an even sadder, more bittersweet story? Read The Dollmaker by Harriette Arnow. Fiction, about an American family's struggle in a new city.
More heartwarming, and touching than a story about illegal criminals that should not even be living in this country.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM

406 posts, read 417,122 times
What a touching story. It almost makes me want to forget the thousand pounds of drugs that was seized by the border patrol today. Not the Canadian border either!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:10 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Mexicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration