U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2010, 08:42 PM
 
5 posts, read 7,168 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
We shouldn't let illegals over here because of all the gangs in Mexico. They are dangerous. Lets build an electric underground fence.
There are more American gangs anyways. Crips, Bloods, Aryan Brotherhood, goes on and on.

Why do you point out Mexicans?

Blacks commit the vast majority of murders in the USA (even though they make up even less of the pop. than Mexicans). What do you think about that?

 
Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,636 posts, read 4,946,459 times
Reputation: 2736
I have my can of Mexi troll spray. I am a BAD white person !!!!!
 
Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Considering I'm black, I will say that white people aren't the only ones that have a problem with illegal immigration.

This shouldn't even be about race though. We, as US citizens and people who are legally here, are often TOGETHER on how it is wrong for undocumented people to get so much from this country.
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldsman View Post
There are more American gangs anyways. Crips, Bloods, Aryan Brotherhood, goes on and on.

Why do you point out Mexicans?

Blacks commit the vast majority of murders in the USA (even though they make up even less of the pop. than Mexicans). What do you think about that?
Aren't you the one that brought up "Mexicans" in your first post?
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldsman View Post
None were even close to the degree of the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
There was Spanish slavery as well. So, it wasn't just Anglos who were sending slaves across the Atlantic. Mexicans who are mestizo just might have some of that blood in them, blood of the Spaniards who mistreated their Native Mexicans ancestors. So, what is your point?
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 PM
 
Location: OUTTA SIGHT!
3,023 posts, read 2,746,640 times
Reputation: 1899
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think the Original Post is a troll post designed to provide a platform for the anti illegal crowd. JMHO
Mine too.

Maybe he's a bit confused about his beliefs though so he's created this puppet to test out this other stuff that would be too inflammatory for his regular C-D account.

Pathetic.

By the way America paid for mexico's land.
81.4 million by today's standards. For a desert basically.

You're lucky we didn't take it all the way down to Mexico City!
Quote:
Scott then marched westward toward Mexico City with 8,500 healthy troops, while Santa Anna set up a defensive position in a canyon around the main road at the halfway mark to Mexico City, near the hamlet of Cerro Gordo. Santa Anna had entrenched with 12,000 troops and artillery that were trained on the road, along which he expected Scott to appear. However, Scott had sent 2,600 mounted dragoons ahead, and the Mexican artillery prematurely fired on them and revealed their positions.

Instead of taking the main road, Scott's troops trekked through the rough terrain to the north, setting up his artillery on the high ground and quietly flanking the Mexicans. Although by then aware of the positions of U.S. troops, Santa Anna and his troops were unprepared for the onslaught that followed. The Mexican army was routed. The U.S. army suffered 400 casualties, while the Mexicans suffered over 1,000 casualties and 3,000 were taken prisoner.

In August 1847, Captain Kirby Smith, of Scott's 3rd Infantry, reflected on the resistance of the Mexican army:
“ What stupid people they are! They can do nothing and their continued defeats should convince them of it. They have lost six great battles; we have captured six hundred and eight cannon, nearly one hundred thousand stands of arms, made twenty thousand prisoners, have the greatest portion of their country and are fast advancing on their Capital which must be ours,—yet they refuse to treat [ie negotiate terms]![40]

In May, Scott pushed on to Puebla, the second largest city in Mexico. Because of the citizens' hostility to Santa Anna, the city capitulated without resistance on May 1. Mexico City was laid open in the Battle of Chapultepec and subsequently occupied. Winfield Scott became an American national hero after his victories in the Mexican–American War, and later became military governor of occupied Mexico City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican..._City_Campaign
Interesting, no?

Actually, if you live in Mexico City, you're unlucky we didn't take it all!

Then you wouldn't have to risk your life sneaking across the border.


By the way, that's the joke my Mexican born wife said her instructor in college opened his history class with so...before I get mobbed.

Last edited by brubaker; 06-27-2010 at 09:42 PM..
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:11 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldsman View Post
There are more American gangs anyways. Crips, Bloods, Aryan Brotherhood, goes on and on.

Why do you point out Mexicans?

Blacks commit the vast majority of murders in the USA (even though they make up even less of the pop. than Mexicans). What do you think about that?

I've noticed that a lot of illegal immigration supporters have a very negative (if not out and out racist) attitude toward American blacks.

Seems out of keeping with the whole minority kumbiyah lovefest illegal immigration supporters in general like to bandy about..
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 PM
 
Location: SXSW
640 posts, read 1,514,220 times
Reputation: 607
I just want to remind posters that the OP is not a representative of Latinos any more than a Stormfront member is a representative of white people. I honestly think that there are people in all races who have no sense of civility or cooperation. In fact, I think its innate. They're simply less evolved.
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Southeast Arizona
3,165 posts, read 3,958,116 times
Reputation: 2042
I think the OP is a troll, if not, extremely misled and wrong on so many levels.

1. Mexico is probably the most dangerous country in North America, it has had several civil wars in the last 130 years. There is always some form of corruption or violence going on down there. Drug cartels are completly tearing apart places like El Paso, Laredo and Brownsville.

2. The Western U.S. was never "stolen". The surge west began when the Mexican government gave a land grant to Sam Austin in the 1820s in what would today be Texas. Jump 25 years and the incompetency a man named Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana, Texas is a U.S. state and Mexican soldiers spill American blood on claimed territory. In what is today everything from Brownsville to Phoenix, to San Diego upwards was won fair and square, the rest (south of the Gila River, which is where I'm sitting right now) was sold to the U.S. by the Mexican government in the Gadsen Purchase of 1853.

3. The Holocaust was committed on Jews (whites) from Nazi Germans (other whites) the only reason why they were almost exterminated was because of ethnicity, distrust, and religious beliefs.

4. Slavery has been around since the beginning of time, practiced by all races, societies and civilizations.
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:45 PM
 
Location: OUTTA SIGHT!
3,023 posts, read 2,746,640 times
Reputation: 1899
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I've noticed that a lot of illegal immigration supporters have a very negative (if not out and out racist) attitude toward American blacks.

Seems out of keeping with the whole minority kumbiyah lovefest illegal immigration supporters in general like to bandy about..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
I just want to remind posters that the OP is not a representative of Latinos any more than a Stormfront member is a representative of white people. I honestly think that there are people in all races who have no sense of civility or cooperation. In fact, I think its innate. They're simply less evolved.
Individuals are capable of fear and hatred and racism and all the rest....regardless of their skin color.
No individual is above stupidity...simply because of their skin color. Likewise, no race has a monopoly on stupidity and racism either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top