Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

[quote=AZDesertBrat;14844485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

True enough. Many of the BPAs who've been killed have been Hispanic. Racism and profiling are the ONLY arguments that the Pro Illegals can come up with and both are severely over-hyped.
And they're both wearing out fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 03:18 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You really need to see Southeast Austin. All the housing vacated by the Air Force Base closure of the Clinton era, are flooded with illegals, now!! It is a F'n barrio slum. 20-30 living in each side of duplexes. Each having a minimum of 2 kids. With 5 being the magic number to make welfare a profitable business.
Austin f-n duplex barrio slums product of Az SB1070?

maybe when Texas signs its barrio bill, Austin will clean its act.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
You really need to see Southeast Austin. All the housing vacated by the Air Force Base closure of the Clinton era, are flooded with illegals, now!! It is a F'n barrio slum. 20-30 living in each side of duplexes. Each having a minimum of 2 kids. With 5 being the magic number to make welfare a profitable business.
bent, do they legally rent these duplexes? Not to sound dumb, but I am wondering what happens to military housing when they close. Do they sale them, rent etc.. Or are the illegals just moving in without permission? If our goverment is still the owner, why the heck are they renting to them???

Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
How does the city of Austin, in general, feel about this? I have known illegals in the past, and I've never seen them have only 2 kids. I knew that they were on welfare, but I didn't know "the magic number."

Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Austin f-n duplex barrio slums product of Az SB1070?

maybe when Texas signs its barrio bill, Austin will clean its act.

They have been there in smaller pockets 15 years before SB1070. In the last 10 it has become a cesspool, of dirt yards with junk cars and trucks, trashed sofas and chairs, with kids toys strung everywhere. Out buildings made of plywood, to sleep more illegals.

It was very isolated to central East Austin, until the early 90's, when the base closed and they migrated to South East housing made for the military families, left vacant and going cheap.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
bent, do they legally rent these duplexes? Not to sound dumb, but I am wondering what happens to military housing when they close. Do they sale them, rent etc.. Or are the illegals just moving in without permission? If our goverment is still the owner, why the heck are they renting to them???
They are not base housing. They are privately owned on the economy, but were close to the Air Force Base(now our newer Airport)
The neighborhood of Dove Springs was filled with military families.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
How does the city of Austin, in general, feel about this? I have known illegals in the past, and I've never seen them have only 2 kids. I knew that they were on welfare, but I didn't know "the magic number."
2 kids is the 14 and 15 year olds. By their late 20's they are far past Walton's Mountain.
$814 per child welfare benefits per month.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:23 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

And they're both wearing out fast.
I think most of us actually expected it but, yes, it's getting old and worn out.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:29 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
They are not base housing. They are privately owned on the economy, but were close to the Air Force Base(now our newer Airport)
The neighborhood of Dove Springs was filled with military families.
Thank you Bent, that makes me feel a litttttle better.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
Arizonas new immigration law is certainly generating a huge discussion in the Florida gubernatorial campaign. The tv ads are highly geared to the debate on the Arizona law.

There are now quite a few Florida politicos who have thrown their support behing the law, and the general consensus is that this matter will eventually have to be confronted here in Florida-----come down to Dade and Broward counties and you will see that illegal immigration is a huge financial drain here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration