U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
 
3,698 posts, read 9,994,215 times
Reputation: 2593

Advertisements

The original color wasn't brown. It was red. Or even yellow, since the first people to come here likely migrated from Asia.

There is some recent research that indicates that the original color was white. First Americans May Have Been European | LiveScience

 
Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Dude, you must be 140 years old then. Happy Birthday.
I agree...a truly tired, silly refrain...'The Border Crossed Us'. My son once had that poster in his bedroom; I recall he was about 12 at the time. That's just about the ideal age for such sentiments.

If in fact the border LITERALLY 'crossed you', then, as you say, you'd be one very VERY old timer. If, on the other hand, the border 'crossed' your ancestors, then today, you'd be a US citizen. This, in fact, is the status of about 6 or 7 percent of the Hispanics today in the US Southwest...their ancestors were 'here first'. ALL of the other 95%+ are here because they, or their ancestors, IMMIGRATED into the US...just like any other immigrant group. Hardly a case of the border 'crossing' huge numbers of today's illegals.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,220,459 times
Reputation: 4611
If the Border crossed you, then you came over here through the underground tunnels.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
 
2,671 posts, read 2,708,455 times
Reputation: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
We didn't cross the border, the border crossed us!! Si se puede!! Yes we can!
Spot on!!
 
Old 06-28-2010, 03:26 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,147,167 times
Reputation: 11578
ˇSí se puede! Yes we can!............deport all of you!
 
Old 06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
 
30,920 posts, read 24,281,494 times
Reputation: 17818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
We didn't cross the border, the border crossed us!! Si se puede!! Yes we can!
only because mexico lost the mexican-american wars, and sold the land to the united states. try reading a real history book once. as for being brown not being a crime, true enough, but being here illegally IS a crime, regardless of what color your skin is. as for the original color of america, you dont know that. you are assuming it because your ancestors, and a skewed history book said so. columbus was not here first, leaf ericsson was here about 1000 years before columbus, and there is plenty of evidence that the chinese were also here before columbus, and perhaps even jews from what is now israel were here long before columbus. america has long been a cultural melting pot, far longer than the history books proclaim.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,090,306 times
Reputation: 957
10,000 years form now man could look like this...

 
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,867,236 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
We didn't cross the border, the border crossed us!! Si se puede!! Yes we can!


 
Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,854,242 times
Reputation: 1741
around here need to buy it by the case
 
Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
10,000 years form now man could look like this...
I certainly hope that we don't all end up looking alike. I like the unique look of each racial/ethnic group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top