U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
And if they have good grades there (Mexico) their education is paid for by the government. This is why they come here for free education.
Yes. The pro-illegal crowd likes to portray Mexico as a primitive country where there is absolutely no middle class, no schools of any kind, people living in caves and dying of starvation in the streets and all that are sheer lies.

In fact in Mexico, if people finish their educations, delay the start of a family until they marry, have a job and some job skills, they have a very good chance of being middle class.

What Mexico doesn't have are all the free lunches, the welfare programs, the food stamps -- but it most definitely has schools, universities, libraries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 AM

32,807 posts, read 30,061,070 times
So if Parents force their kids into a life of crime stealing items from stores we are to dismiss all of the crimes the child commits? At some point the child is old enough to be held accountable. I don't blame the small children but I do believe their illegal Parents should be shelling out some cash instead of robbing the tax payers for their kid's education.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:30 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,952,618 times
and yet another boohoo poor mistreated illegals sob story

yeeeech

Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM

166 posts, read 212,290 times
I don't understand the sense of entitlement. They received an education, healthcare, housing and food stamps, but instead of being thankful, they insist that we OWE them even more!
If my neighbor gives me food and shelter, I'd feel like an ass if I demanded a chef to cook the food and a maid to clean my shelter!
Take the ill-gotten gains and be glad..don't demand more! We don't owe them a thing. They already got more than they deserved.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,027,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and yet another boohoo poor mistreated illegals sob story

yeeeech
Yes, it's the DREAMies whining again.

All I can say is,

Old 07-01-2010, 01:37 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,296,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why not? If you didn't work hard enough in high school to get scholarships and grants, why should we be upset that an illegal did?

I find it impossible to blame a kid who got brought here illegally when he or she was a toddler for doing well in our school systems when many native born kids can't be bothered. I know how hard I worked to get my scholarships and to get into the top universities in this country and I didn't have to worry about my legal status, language barriers, or anything like that. You can't blame kids for the sins of their fathers. In fact, we should be encouraging all kids to work as hard at school. If our kids aren't working hard enough to get into schools or get scholarships, we should be asking why that is rather than pointing the finger at someone else.

Right for our American born Children. Not for those who are in this Country by ILLEGAL MEANS, they are enough of a burden on our Economy. Their are some fine Universities in Mexico, they can go back home and go to School. Are we suppose to owe those that are in This Country illegally, the world and then some, why don't we throw in licenses, homes, and give them all cars, we owe them not a thing.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why not? If you didn't work hard enough in high school to get scholarships and grants, why should we be upset that an illegal did?

I find it impossible to blame a kid who got brought here illegally when he or she was a toddler for doing well in our school systems when many native born kids can't be bothered. I know how hard I worked to get my scholarships and to get into the top universities in this country and I didn't have to worry about my legal status, language barriers, or anything like that. You can't blame kids for the sins of their fathers. In fact, we should be encouraging all kids to work as hard at school. If our kids aren't working hard enough to get into schools or get scholarships, we should be asking why that is rather than pointing the finger at someone else.
And these kids shouldn't be rewarded for the sins of their parents either. They are not citizens of our country and are here illegally. It is their parents they should blame, not us.

Who says our kids are not working hard enough in school to get scholarships? Those awards would go to citizen students who did work hard. It is also about illegals gaining slots of reduced in-state tuition ahead of our own citizen children who are eligible to go to college.

After these illegals graduate from college here they can't work here anyway as they are not legally in this country so what is the point anyway?

Old 07-01-2010, 04:29 PM

23,603 posts, read 31,169,837 times
They can legalize in 3 easy steps.

1.) Go home.
2.) Apply for student visa.
3.) Come back to the US nice and legal...but without in-state tuition.

Reason 3 is why they don't. It all boils down to $$$$. So they whine about how hard done by they are when really they just don't want to pay foreign student tuition. Tough I say.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:34 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,093,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Take your frustration out on the school, they can admit anyone they want from wherever they want.

It's a STATE funded school, you [......].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or