Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,495 times

Advertisements

The Great China Wall and Berlin Wall worked...so U.S./Mexico border will work.

Get to building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Maybe we could cut back on the 30 million though, that is a lot of peeps, try counting that on your pinkies!

Last edited by Pretzelogik; 06-28-2010 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-28-2010, 07:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
The Great China Wall and Berlin Wall worked...so U.S./Mexico border will work.

Get to building.
The reason it can work is that it will force illegals to attempt their crossings in fewer places. This means less ground to cover and guard.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The reason it can work is that it will force illegals to attempt their crossings in fewer places. This means less ground to cover and guard.
You're exactly right! The double layered fence would assist the BP immensely and make it much harder for illegals to get through. I have explained this over and over to the pro-illegals but they remain in denial. If it won't work then why do they object so much?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:31 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
I agree. Put up a fence. As said it will help the BP and gee, put some people to work.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:32 PM

406 posts, read 495,645 times
If they wanted to pick up the illegals here in Phoenix I can tell you where to find around 100 or more a day. The authorities know exactly where they are also but they don't want to waste their time. The BP is spread so thin that they are doing the best they can with the cards they are dealt. We need help on the border first to make it secure as possible, then once the border is under control the existing illegals and their employers need to be dealt with. I know you can't send all of them home but you have to start somewhere so I say its the border!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Filled with nasty alligators....
About 5 years ago I said that the way we could shut that thing down was to dig out the Rio Grande and go on west, fill the canal with water and take all the alligators from Florida and put them in it, and take the dirt to New Orleans so they could get above sea level. I still feel that way but wonder if Florida would give up their natural killers.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Border security is not the whole answer or even most of the answer. The REAL answer is to remove the bait that is bringing them here which are JOBS. You take away the jobs and the number of people sneaking in will fall by 90% at least.
Hell, we don't have jobs for our own people so maybe just hitting those who hire them would work.

I saw a new video on Fox this evening that showed many men loaded with drugs on their backs running north into the US. They have jobs that probably pay pretty well. How do we cut those jobs out?

A tighter border would cut down on the numbers coming in and a few well placed weapons at strategic places could help even more. We have to gain some control of that border before Obama gets his amnesty desires fulfilled.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets not forget consequences.
Employers should face a mandatory sentence.
Illegals should be stripped of all assets to help to offset the cost of deportation.
All we have had to do is enforce the Immigration Act of 1986 to stop this problem in its tracks. That law provided for $10,000 fine per head for hiring illegals along with deportation of said illegals. How many businesses who use them could stand that kind of fine for long?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:07 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Border security is not the whole answer or even most of the answer. The REAL answer is to remove the bait that is bringing them here which are JOBS. You take away the jobs and the number of people sneaking in will fall by 90% at least.
Obama is promoting the Greatest Incentive of all with His Amnesty BS, If He came out and said He was totally opposed to this and started to actually do HIS job and ramped up enforcement at all angles, this problem would start to improve, instead OBAMA IS THE PROBLEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration