U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
The police should have the authority to request anyone to show proof of their legal status. A Chinese wall is not the solution.

The Arizona law should be expanded to the other 49 states and Puerto Rico.
The double layered fence looks nothing like the Chinese wall. It is however, necessary to help the BP do their jobs more effectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't know that illegal immigrants from Mexico where the ones who orchestrated the 911 attacks...
No one is saying they did. However, our border to the south is so porous that 12-20 million illegals have managed to violate it. It isn't just Mexicans coming in here. There have been thousand of OTM's from known terrorist countries that have entered our country illegally from our southern border and disappeared into the landscape. It is just another 911 in the making.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:55 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
So this administration has become the "no we can't" administration. We can seal 2,000 miles of border or man it with the military. What a crock. First Biden tells the unemployed that forget about jobs, jobs are not coming back and now we can't seal the border. So basically, this administration is confessing to its failure.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM

8,219 posts, read 9,097,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
You can never totally seal a border, so why even try? Is that your reasoning? Put enough armed NG patrolling the border and that stampede of 3000 to 5000 unwanted uninvited border jumpers breaking in every day, day after day, will be reduced to a trickle. In the interests of national security the BP would then be able to handle completely a trickle of uninvited unwanted border jumpers as compared to the hordes breaking in now that the BP only tries to stop.
First of all, your "stampede" numbers are exaggarated. No way 3,000 to 5,000 people a DAY are coming across the border. Where do people get these numbers from anyway? I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with a citation about this.

Secondly, putting the NG on the border won't accomplish much because they won't be any more armed than the Border Patrol is. If they armed them to the teeth and put them in a line along the border it would be seen as announcing a "war" on Mexico. Not that I have anything against that, in a way, but that would only mean that Mexico would do the same and then there'd be a REAL war between both armies. Do we REALLY want that?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I didn't know that illegal immigrants from Mexico where the ones who orchestrated the 911 attacks...
We know they didn't. BUT I saw a report recently that said we ARE getting people from the mideast who are coming in through Central America to Mexico and on into the US. They are even learning Spanish so they will "fit in" with the illegal Mexicans coming here. I have to admit that this is a scary thought.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
First of all, your "stampede" numbers are exaggarated. No way 3,000 to 5,000 people a DAY are coming across the border. Where do people get these numbers from anyway? I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with a citation about this.

Secondly, putting the NG on the border won't accomplish much because they won't be any more armed than the Border Patrol is. If they armed them to the teeth and put them in a line along the border it would be seen as announcing a "war" on Mexico. Not that I have anything against that, in a way, but that would only mean that Mexico would do the same and then there'd be a REAL war between both armies. Do we REALLY want that?
We don't want a war with Mexico, but I think it will sadly come to that as long as they are setting up camp in our parks and shooting at our guards. We need a proactive administration, not one playing Chicago tough guy games.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We don't want a war with Mexico, but I think it will sadly come to that as long as they are setting up camp in our parks and shooting at our guards. We need a proactive administration, not one playing Chicago tough guy games.
I haven't, so far, heard of them "setting up camp in our parks". Shooting at the BPAs, yes. That happens fairly often. I wish I knew what was REALLY going on in D.C..

Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
I think the point is you can never really SEAL a border without killing a bunch of people (mines? machine guns? alligators..hahha?). That's what it comes down to. Many people are fine with that, other people aren't. And very few would want to be on the trigger end pointing at a bunch of kids.

Come up with better ways or it's just not going to happen.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think the point is you can never really SEAL a border without killing a bunch of people (mines? machine guns? alligators..hahha?). That's what it comes down to. Many people are fine with that, other people aren't. And very few would want to be on the trigger end point at a bunch of kids.
Although violence should be used as a last resort think of it as self-defense. We need to defend our country from illegal entry because not just those looking for work are coming here.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post

We may not want that but the situation may merit that. We have to protect and secure our borders at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or