U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:17 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,034,842 times

Advertisements

All of you Faux News/Talk Radiot kool-aid drinkers do realize that your hero the great actor, Ronald Reagen did this don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM

7,526 posts, read 6,995,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
All of you Faux News/Talk Radiot kool-aid drinkers do realize that your hero the great actor, Ronald Reagen did this don't you?
It was the Democratic majority in congress and the Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy that pushed through the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, which Reagan did sign. This was a legal process, not some back door deal like Obama is considering (because he knows it would never pass in congress). Not only that, but it was the wrong decision back then, and an even worse one now. We have the benefit of hindsight in this instance, only Obama is too stupid to see it.

Anyways, I see you've reverted to typical liberal tactics of pointing to past presidential mistakes when your leader is on the verge of doing the same. So I feel compelled to ask you, do two wrongs make a right? Is this justification in your opinion? Some other guy made a horrible mistake therefore your guy is allowed to do the same? Sounds to me like sheer stupidity, but then I've never really thought highly of the intelligence level of the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration