U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM

7,526 posts, read 6,965,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“If President Obama were to sign an executive order giving illegal aliens amnesty, his career would be over and an impeachment movement would explode,” O'Reilly said Friday night on his “Talking Points” segment during his top-rated Fox show.

At the same time, O'Reilly said he did not believe reports that the Obama administration would grant such a blanket amnesty.

Fox News, however, reported this week: “The Obama administration has been holding behind-the-scenes talks to determine whether the Department of Homeland Security can unilaterally grant legal status on a mass basis to illegal immigrants...
O'Reilly: Obama Could Face Impeachment If He Pardons Illegals

Hard to say what the fallout of that would be. He would get ~10 million+ new votes and restore some credibility with his far left base, but the rest of the country would be fuming mad. I wonder if this would be an impeachable offense, in which case all those new voters won't matter one iota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 06:40 PM

17,019 posts, read 11,387,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
O'Reilly: Obama Could Face Impeachment If He Pardons Illegals

Hard to say what the fallout of that would be. He would get ~10 million+ new votes and restore some credibility with his far left base, but the rest of the country would be fuming mad. I wonder if this would be an impeachable offense, in which case all those new voters won't matter one iota.

I think there is no question he would be impeached or the military would remove him. His "order" would be reversed in a few months and all those "new citizens" would be packing bags to Mexico. If such an "order" was given, and Obama remained in power, would precipitate states seceding from the Union.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 PM

3,776 posts, read 3,775,305 times
We can only hope. But I'm doubtful it will come to that.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:51 PM

7,526 posts, read 6,965,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think there is no question he would be impeached or the military would remove him. His "order" would be reversed in a few months and all those "new citizens" would be packing bags to Mexico. If such an "order" was given, and Obama remained in power, would precipitate states seceding from the Union.
Well, then let's hope he's stupid enough to try this trick. Hopefully his 'advisers' are giving him the green light to proceed ahead on this.

Maybe we won't have to wait until 1/20/2013 to rid this nation of this PO(TU)S.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:51 PM

10,714 posts, read 11,416,913 times
I'm glad to see O'reilly actually has an intelligent view for once with the second part of his statement. Obama has not stated any stances towards amnesty. Now Mccain on the other hand was leading a full blown charge for amnesty. If he was in office now, the illegals would be flooding the boarder and jumping for joy from their new found Mccain-esty.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I'm glad to see O'reilly actually has an intelligent view for once with the second part of his statement. Obama has not stated any stances towards amnesty. Now Mccain on the other hand was leading a full blown charge for amnesty. If he was in office now, the illegals would be flooding the boarder and jumping for joy from their new found Mccain-esty.
No doubt, but this thread is about Obama. He may not call it amnesty but what he suggests can be considered an amnesty by any other name.
They get to stay.
We provide a path to citizenship.
Both of these actually equal a head of line pass....
Pay back taxes. How do we know how much is owed?
This is nothing short of an amnesty package.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times
Quote:
Yes, he has. Moderator cut: personal

Last edited by Yac; 06-29-2010 at 04:27 AM..

Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM

10,714 posts, read 11,416,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yes, he has. Or did you blindly vote for him like the bot you are?
I'm not a "bot",... I didn't vote for Mccain.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
I'm not a "bot",... I didn't vote for Mccain.
So is Obama suggesting an amnesty by another name or not? Those of us who are either legal immigrants or married to legal immigrants see his proposal for what it really is.
A head of line pass and an amnesty for past immigration crimes.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
This is the scuttlebutt about the next amnesty, although it won't be called amnesty....

Fox News Highlights NumbersUSA and Senators' Letter Regarding Amnesty Through Executive Actions | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Quote:
Rosemary Jenks, director of government relations with Numbers USA, said she's been hearing for weeks from "sources close to the Democratic leadership" in both chambers that administration officials are discussing whether the Department of Homeland Security could direct staff to grant "amnesty" for all illegal immigrants in the country.

"They're trying to figure out ways around a vote," she said.

The senators who wrote the White House on Monday say they are concerned that the administration is readying a "Plan B" in case a comprehensive reform bill cannot win enough support to clear Congress. . .

Deferred action and parole, which give illegal immigrants the ability to seek a work permit and temporary legal status, are normally granted on a case-by-case basis. But the aide said the lawmakers have learned from "sources" that the administration is considering flexing its authority to grant the status on a mass basis. . .

Jenks said the talks about Homeland Security allowing illegal immigrants to stay are "serious."
Just for the record. I usually pay no attention to Fox, but I do pay attention to NumbersUSA. If they feel that this is a credible threat, then I do believe that there is something to it. I heard Ms. Jenks on John and Ken last week. Her interview showed that quite a bit of research went into these allegations. I guess we'll see. I do however, know that you can go to the NumbersUSA website for more information.

Last edited by Kele; 06-28-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration