U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM

47 posts, read 96,924 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Yac; 07-05-2010 at 06:53 AM..

Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 PM

346 posts, read 616,810 times
Democrats? Fighting for American citizens?

Cue laughter in 1...2...3...

Old 07-01-2010, 11:46 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,587,372 times
I'm listening to his speech right now and I don't understand how he can stand there and lie like that. The majority of Americans want to move forward, but not how he is trying to say. Most Americans are NOT for amnesty. Why would he and how can he just stand there and lie like that? People want to eat, people want to make money, people want justice, people don't want those who came here illegally pushing them out of jobs and neighborhoods.

This is all another scam by US politics and Obama's administration. Just like people thought the Repubs would defeat the health care bill, it rolled right on through and some how Obama pulled it off. That is what is going to happen with amnesty if the US people allow it to happen. It is gonna be another thing that slips on through.

I love how Obama compares the Jews who fled Europe under racist oppression to illegal immigrants of today. Not even the same thing or close.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:34 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,132,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm listening to his speech right now and I don't understand how he can stand there and lie like that. The majority of Americans want to move forward, but not how he is trying to say. Most Americans are NOT for amnesty. Why would he and how can he just stand there and lie like that? People want to eat, people want to make money, people want justice, people don't want those who came here illegally pushing them out of jobs and neighborhoods.

This is all another scam by US politics and Obama's administration. Just like people thought the Repubs would defeat the health care bill, it rolled right on through and some how Obama pulled it off. That is what is going to happen with amnesty if the US people allow it to happen. It is gonna be another thing that slips on through.

I love how Obama compares the Jews who fled Europe under racist oppression to illegal immigrants of today. Not even the same thing or close.
Let him keep talking, let him keep acting like a jackass. Most of all, let him keep acting like he is a dictator. As Napoleon once said, "never interrupt the enemy when he is making a mistake". Pretty soon Obama's only supporters will be the race-centric Blacks (who only make up 13% of the population), and a few Marxist trash and old Hippies left over from the 1960s. If he keeps up his game he's a one term wonder ... unless he resorts to trickery and fraud which would result in a coup and him being sent back to Chicago in chains.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Let him keep talking, let him keep acting like a jackass. Most of all, let him keep acting like he is a dictator. As Napoleon once said, "never interrupt the enemy when he is making a mistake". Pretty soon Obama's only supporters will be the race-centric Blacks (who only make up 13% of the population), and a few Marxist trash and old Hippies left over from the 1960s. If he keeps up his game he's a one term wonder ... unless he resorts to trickery and fraud which would result in a coup and him being sent back to Chicago in chains.
Uh, I'm black ... am I race-centric? You say, "13% of the population ," I am one of those people. Are all black people (the percent you were talking about) race centric?

Also, black people will be most likely waking up about the illegal immigration situation.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,942,722 times
Quote:
Uh, I'm black ... am I race-centric? You say, "13% of the population ," I am one of those people. Are all black people (the percent you were talking about) race centric?

Also, black people will be most likely waking up about the illegal immigration situation.
Many in the black community are already fed up with illegals.
I do feel that a solid majority of the black community will back Obama..
No matter what.Can you honestly see his approval falling below..
80-85% with the black community?
It was 90% a year ago.

Anyways just making a point,the thread is starting to get off track..

Old 07-02-2010, 11:01 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,862,483 times
I have many friends of foreign origin who became citizens thru employment. Interesting part is that a majority of them also are opposed to amnesty since they did it the hard way -thru a due process that takes years. We need educated immigrants who are legal, not uneducated illegal ones - regardless of their Mexican or Irish or whatever origin. These legals hate someone popping across the border and then having the gall to demand "fair" treatment.

Althought I generally agree with OP's sentiment, also noteworthy is that both partes are suggesting what amounts to an amnesty. Both parties are fed by corporate money, so the common man - regardless of color - does not have strong support within the beltway. An amnesty now will send the absolute wrong signal that we will be doing this periodically and it is ok to "load up" the US with illegals.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:24 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,132,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
It was 90% a year ago.

Correct, it's the minority groups who are hurt the most by illegal immigration ... but they are so conditioned to believe that only the Democrats can/will "improve" their lives so they will just vote for Obama anyways even though he will only make things worse.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
It was 90% a year ago.

The point was that it is hilarious that he would make a generalization about black people in this. Also, he said it as if he assumed that he was talking to someone who would agree with that. That's wack. That's not a good way to come together as legal citizens and residents to fight this. Everyone needs to be made aware of illegal immigration, black, brown, yellow, red or white.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:37 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Quote:
That is a joke. According to the La Raza groups, illegals are coming from their hispanic race paradises to live under racist oppression against them in the USA. It's so bad - the racist oppression of them that they pay human traffickers $5000 to get over here so they can endure it.

The arguments for illegal immigration are far more like the arguments for slavery. We need a race of low wage workers, there is a race of low wage workers who are happy to do servant and people work. We should want unlimited numbers of them because we should all want to surround ourselves with these happy submissive and very cheap servants.

Why should any American work? Just let the government give us all free money and we can all have low paid servants and lay around all day, we're lazy after all.

But - then there's a twist. Not only do we need unlimited numbers of low-wage illegals to do the hard cheap work we don't want to do -- we need to make them legal so they won't have to do this hard cheap work any more, they can soon be lazy just like us and they'll have to be given the same unemployment handouts as us.

Yeah, it sure makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration