Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,497,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherok View Post
I cannot believe the ignorance of the comments made by most of you. America was built on immigration, there were no laws stopping people coming from Britain, France, Spain and many other countries when we colonized the United States. Most of you making these comments undoubtedly had ancestors who came from another country. I assume all of you have had the opportunity to apply for financial aid to further your education. Although judging from the way some of you write, you did not take advantage of it. Undocumented students who have attended school legally in the United States, deserve to finish their education. I am a high school teacher who has seen very bright undocumented students (through no fault of their own) unable to further their education because they cannot afford college tuition. I support the 2009 Dream Legislation and pray it passes. Stamp out the ignorance and become educated. "Knowledge is Power"
If illegal aliens desire to attend college, let them pay the higher foreign student rates. After all, they are not citizens. Why should they receive tax-funded in-state tuition while LEGAL students from out-of-state must pay higher rates? How is that fair to citizens or foreigners who are in compliance with our laws?

Have you even considered the K-12 costs for children in this country illegally? Now, you are advocating a tax-funded college education? Their parents are responsible for their dilemma, not U.S. citizens. As long as we continue to reward illegals, they will continue to flock to this country. We owe them nothing. The DREAM Act will fail again, as it should.

Obviously, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Their criminal parents taught them well.

Your “deserving” Dreamies. . .

Quote:
Hey everyone, after reading about others getting a driver's license in WA, I've decided to make the trip to WA and get mine before the summer ends. I was wondering if anyone else wants to come with, I think it'd be easier to go as a group, and cheaper to split the fees.
Quote:
Quickest way, go to the internet and find out YOUR COMMUNITY in Seattle (Mexican, Chinese..) and look for ads and rooms for share. Tell them to order Cable/Internet/Phone using their name but tell them TO CHANGE THE BILLING INFORMATION. This way they are still responsible for the bill but the bill will sent it to your name.
Quote:
I got mine a year ago and if I remember correctly..
I had 2 bills from someone I know who lives there.
Quote:
They may need more to verify your identity but I feel like everyone can get an ID easily.
Quote:
So if we all use the same address and all the bills have to have dif. names.Like someone else here said, if a bill has more than 1 name u need more proofs.

So I think groups of 2 are best 3 tops. So when we show the bills we can say we roommate and share the bills. But a group of 5+would look suspicious.
Quote:
Hey just f.y.i I was with my buddy who got his DL in MD and we live in NJ .
Quote:
I have a connection over that can put my name on a utility bill, meet me there when the document is done, and mail me the DL when it arrives at the address on the utility bill.

Go move there for 2 weeks. Pay up-front for the room or apt. THis will give you that specific address under your name without having to sign a lease (requires SSN). Simultaneously, order cable or internet to that new address.

Here is where it gets tricky. The DL Card will be sent to the address on that utility bill. You need to pick it up or have someone pick it up for you and mail it back.
Quote:
I know this is last minute but I wanted to see what my chances are about getting a drivers license out in WA. For the record I am 21 years old residing in Brooklyn, NY and have never drove in my life.
Quote:
I know of a friend who received help from an underground group that assist people in our status with obtaining WA drivers licenses. They even provided her with proof of residence, gave her all the instructions, etc.. so she could get in and our as quickly as possible and obtain her license
Quote:
Another point I want to make: What we are discussing here is actually illegal. If you get a WA state DL and you do not actually live at the address that you used to get that DL, you are commiting fraud by submitting false information.
Planning a Trip to WA for Driver's license - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Wow, there sure is a lot of illegal activity from these fine citizens?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
I cannot believe the ignorance of the comments made by most of you. America was built on immigration, there were no laws stopping people coming from Britain, France, Spain and many other countries when we colonized the United States. Most of you making these comments undoubtedly had ancestors who came from another country. I assume all of you have had the opportunity to apply for financial aid to further your education. Although judging from the way some of you write, you did not take advantage of it. Undocumented students who have attended school legally in the United States, deserve to finish their education. I am a high school teacher who has seen very bright undocumented students (through no fault of their own) unable to further their education because they cannot afford college tuition. I support the 2009 Dream Legislation and pray it passes. Stamp out the ignorance and become educated. "Knowledge is Power"
Cry me a river. If you really cared about your illegal students then there is absolutely nothing stopping you from going to their country and teaching them there. Nothing except possibly that those countries also have immigration laws.

And contrary to the lies told by the open border side, there are schools in Mexico.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:06 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,835,593 times
Yeah, of course they can afford College - in Mexico.

I know it's an old thread, but the OP said:

"All illegals must get legal
or get out by Nov.1, 2007."

Well, THAT IS WHY they are here illegally! They do not have any other way. Ugh, I read this so often. They can't just go back and apply for legal residence. They can't become legal unless there's an amnesty. People need to get this into their heads

Old 01-10-2010, 02:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,145,112 times
Quote:
Hmmm one might wonder where your priorities are. The tax dollars spent providing translators for these students could be better spent. Like improving the Science, Math or English Departments of your scool and others. Whoa here is a suggestion. Instead of spending money on illegals divert that money for the legal children born with disabilities. Just an idea.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yeah, of course they can afford College - in Mexico.

I know it's an old thread, but the OP said:

"All illegals must get legal
or get out by Nov.1, 2007."

Well, THAT IS WHY they are here illegally! They do not have any other way. Ugh, I read this so often. They can't just go back and apply for legal residence. They can't become legal unless there's an amnesty. People need to get this into their heads
A large number of the state run universities in Mexico are free, no tuition at all. Not only that, many of them are high quality.

The liars like to claim that if illegals return home, there will be no education available to them - and that is a blatant lie of course. Mexico has public schools, it has an education system.

Not only that, there are clinics and hospitals and government health care there.

Many of the illegals never attempted to come here legally. They don't want to go through the legal process because that means waiting their turn, getting in line with everyone else, it means respecting the laws and the need for an orderly and fair process. That's not what they want.

They want to be moved ahead of the line, they don't want to get in line behind others who already have applied legally. They want to be rewarded for having ignored the laws.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,694,184 times
Everybody please calm down. Freedom of speech means others have the right to have a different opinion, and you have a right to disagree. No need to insult each other, is there ?
Yac.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:31 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,290,358 times
Quote:
They simply flew under the radar as our national makes it a requirement to educate all school-age children. Once they become adults, they shouldn't suddenly become considered legally here or documented. They are lucky that our laws make it a requirement to accept all school-age children into school. They even get to participate in free and reduced-lunch programs. They are in school while their illegal immigrant parents can go out and work illegally. So, not only are the classrooms, teachers, budgets, schools and other students taking huge hits in some cities and towns, but while the kids are putting that burden in, the parents are out working at Chick-Fil-A, hotels, factories, meat-packing facilities, construction, airports, some government positions, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, the local 5-star restaurant as they get paid $11. How convenient for the illegal immigrant. Sneak in, let the state and feds take care of your children and your family while you go out and make money that is being taken away from someone else that could be working that job. Not only are you doing it, but so are millions of others from your country and countries near your country.

"Stamp out the ignorance and become educated? I think you need to stamp out your ignorance and realize that a lot of people like those of us here are educated. You sound like you think you know everything about those who oppose illegal immigration. I think it would only be fair if you took a step back and took another look at what is really going on with illegal immigration instead of letting your feelings run wild. You know, I'm a peaceful person and I would consider myself someone that loved the Earth and its people, I'm somewhat of a hippy at times, but when it comes to illegal immigration and the rapeage that I see going on in my city and what I know is going on in other places and my personal experience in the past as someone who knew what illegal immigrants thought and did, I can't sit back and allow things to unfold like some people want them to in great favor of illegal immigrants and bad news for US citizens and legal residents.

And I still can't believe the amount of people that are still trying to push that "America (US) was built on immigration) agenda when it is obvious that today's modern US is much different that the colonial, industrial and primitive days. Once again ... today, you don't see colonial boats coming into the shores from England and vast open, uninhabited land waiting for them. This is not 1492, 1777, 1860 or 1930. And illegal immigration is NOT legal immigration or the immigration that went on during those time periods. So ya'll need to get off of that. If you all can go to your rallies and get on television and spew that factless, manipulative, emotional, delusional and fantasy agenda then we have the right to tell you how it really is.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,497,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A large number of the state run universities in Mexico are free, no tuition at all. Not only that, many of them are high quality.

The liars like to claim that if illegals return home, there will be no education available to them - and that is a blatant lie of course. Mexico has public schools, it has an education system.

Not only that, there are clinics and hospitals and government health care there.

Many of the illegals never attempted to come here legally. They don't want to go through the legal process because that means waiting their turn, getting in line with everyone else, it means respecting the laws and the need for an orderly and fair process. That's not what they want.

They want to be moved ahead of the line, they don't want to get in line behind others who already have applied legally. They want to be rewarded for having ignored the laws
The absolute truth! Furthermore, many wouldn’t dare attempt to apply for legal entry, because they are wanted felons, assorted miscreants, and terrorists. This is their preferred mode of entry. After all, most criminals try to stay under the radar. Others have absolutely nothing to offer this country due to illiteracy, low-skills, and minimal education. Thus, the vast majority would be denied a path to citizenship under normal circumstances. Now, we are expected to embrace amnesty for millions of people who will continue to need government assistance. What country would deliberately import poverty?

Old 01-11-2010, 02:07 PM

1,908 posts, read 2,526,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The absolute truth! Furthermore, many wouldn’t dare attempt to apply for legal entry, because they are wanted felons, assorted miscreants, and terrorists. This is their preferred mode of entry. After all, most criminals try to stay under the radar. Others have absolutely nothing to offer this country due to illiteracy, low-skills, and minimal education. Thus, the vast majority would be denied a path to citizenship under normal circumstances. Now, we are expected to embrace amnesty for millions of people who will continue to need government assistance. What country would deliberately import poverty?
This can't be said enough!

We don't need illegals who are as dumb as tractors. (Think CARS )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration