U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,753,338 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to the report card on your reps voting record on immigration ... how does your over paid clown stack up?

Americans for Better Immigration

Mine ...
Whitfield, Edward (R-KY) - 90% Grade A
McConnell, Mitch (R-KY) - 52% Grade C

And yes Mitch got a nasty-gram from your's truly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
(R) Baucus, Max Senator C+
(D) Tester, Jon Senator A
(R) Rehberg, Dennis 1 A-

I called and emailed mine every day for the past two weeks. Last election I could not make myself vote for a Democrat but I refused to vote for Baucus.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:31 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,162,973 times
Looking at Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio:

Blue state Democrats all Ds and Fs on this issue easily, with the exception of Debbie Stabenow. Michigan Republicans actually get this issue right.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,417,177 times
Steve Chabot A- (I'm glad I voted for this guy)
George Voinovich D- (he got a couple of nasty faxes from me)
Sherrod Brown D- (I emailed him a couple of times)

Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 AM

52 posts, read 119,325 times
My rep got an A
Senator Hutchison got a C+. Like citigirl, I've faxed, emailed, etc. just about everyday.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:17 AM

284 posts, read 1,541,844 times
Okay, here's my question. There are 3 reps in Texas that got A's, but if you look at their records, all three have "NO VOTES" listed. For example, one got an F- the year before on an issue and then didn't vote on that issue the next year. His grade improved with the "NO VOTE." Why are these "NO VOTES" not averaged into the grades as zeros, thus lowering their grades?

IMO, the "NO VOTE" should actually lower their grades. I don't vote for people for them not to vote. I want them to make a stand, make decisions. I am not saying that this is the case with these 3 TX reps, specifically, but there are politicians who skip votes in order to keep their records looking better than they really would be if they voted honestly.

I appreciate the link. It is nice to be able to really look at the voting history. Thanks for posting it!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:04 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,162,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Steve Chabot A- (I'm glad I voted for this guy)
George Voinovich D- (he got a couple of nasty faxes from me)
Sherrod Brown D- (I emailed him a couple of times)
Voinovich is lost on pretty much everything. His long political career is testimony to the idiocy of Ohio voters and politics in general. Nasty faxes pretty much covers that.

I believe you will have better chances with Brown, who has always seemed fairly respectable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or