Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 09:29 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,463,526 times

Advertisements

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards for immigrants.

This is a total outrage and we should flood this law firm that has these conferances with calls and emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,824,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards for immigrants.

This is a total outrage and we should flood this law firm that has these conferances with calls and emails.
Hi Citi!

As a former Immigration legal assistant, I can tell you that the PERM system is the biggest bunch of BS ever. The US Dept of Labor is overhwhelmed with applications and they are trying to verify some of the "recruitment efforts" and they do not always do and when they do it something very quick and over the phone. It is basically a "scare the guy to see if he cracks and tells you the whole thing is a sham".

Let me give you some info on the PERM program, as I know quite about about it. Mind you THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE! TALK TO A LAWYER IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT PERM OR WANT TO FILE A PERM PETITION!! I AM JUST COVERING HOW F-UP THIS PROGRAM IS AND HOW UNFAIR IT IS TO US WORKERS!!

1. PERM was basically designed so that ailens (both legal with visas such as H-1b and illegal - who file this to get grandfathered in under mini-amnesties that congress passes called 245i) can transition from a non-immigrant status into a immigrant status (Green card holder).

2. The PERM process is a breeze, the Prevaing Wage (PW) is basically what the employers must pay the alien when his "# in line" comes up... do the employers really pay that wage? Not really!! They basically sign a letter saying they are/will pay that wage and that's it. Since these things RARELY get checked out as DOL is slammed with applications, the process is set for disaster.

3. Now to be fair to DOL, they do call and try to make sure the thing is real, but it's very hard for them to open a full investigation into every case. So fraud is rampant as you can imagine.

4. PERM itself is NOT an immigration status and therefore cannot be used for anything other than get an immigrant petition started with USCIS (Immigration). Once the PERM is approved (a piece of cake, since the whole thing is done online and the employers NEVER get checked out and audits are basically slow and uneventful) the aliens file an I-140 and they go straight to teh DMV to get a driver's license, as many states accept that receipt notice as an "immigrant petition" and kinda like proof of legal status. FL has wised up to this and has (finally) stopped accepting this form and giving illegals Driver's licenses.

5. Does PERM hurt US workers? IN my opinion, it is a yes and no. The yes is because we are basically pumping Green cards out like crazy. The NO is because the whole process is backlogged several years right now (partialy because every scumbucket in America has filed a fraudulent petition like that) and so in that sense, these guys are "held up in this process".

Now, is it unfair to the LEGAL aliens on work visas. Sure it is. That is because they are competing for "visa numbers" with illegal aliens and many of which who have no verifiable education and often use fraudulent names/degrees to get ahead of others in line.

Honestly, IMHO, if Immugration and the DEpt of Labor cannot even run a program like this right now, HOW can they handle 20 million of "Z visa" applications overnight?? Exactly, this is yet another Fedral government "scam" to legalize millions, continue illegal immigration, and basically approve every alien who can file a petition.

I say this amnesty bill will create the perfect storm... if we let it pass.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 PM

Hi Nirvana! I have been in someone's crosshairs. Anyway what really infuriated me was when they were telling them how to disqualify an American applicant. So you wait in line to apply for a job. You fill out your application and wait to be interview for that job and they have no intention of hiring you because you are an American citizen.

I would think when seminars like this come to light and the fraud is clear, the program should be done away with.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,149,414 times
Default speechless

Really what can I say other than now people are getting this stuff on the net because there is no fear from our government because they support this. Turn this around on them, lets find ways to outsource and take jobs away from people supporting this. When Americans dont have jobs we wont be able to buy anything but they dont care because they dont care about the future...even for their kids...

Old 06-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Fox news is bring this video to light. I wouldn't count on the liberal news like CNN will report it.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:47 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,824,913 times
CNN will probably report and say Americans are horrible people and they pick on aliens coming here to work for less money. America already knows the drill.

The truth is, the PERM system is chaotic, it is massively fraudulent.... anyone can invent a "job description" and fabricate "work experience" through a cheesy letter from a friend in their home country and that becomes "evidence" in their immigratnt petition.

I am serious, since Immigrantion and DoL cannot even run a small program like this, how can they run an amnesty program for 20 million illegals?? This is the perfect storm brewing.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:07 PM

989 posts, read 2,758,627 times
Default Just one more example of how corporations hurt the little guy

As are most of you, that video showing blatant disregard for the law really got me mad. What also gets me mad is that this kind of stuff goes on all the time, and not just in regards to immigration. All the time companies have "Sally from Marketing" in mind for a job, but they still make dozens of people without a chance go through the process of interviewing to make it look more "official". I would guess that this is a similar thing with the H1B (I know two people who had H1B visas and they were making $50K+ in their mid-twenties (average for the industry they were in)... not exactly cheap wages!

It has always been and will always be a constant struggle between business and government to keep things running smoothly while keeping the troublemakers in check. Sure, government could be more efficient, but blaming the DOL for this is like blaming the police for crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration