Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:57 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Obama's elusive immigration bill - chicagotribune.com

No deadline, not even a hint of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
good..I hope he keeps dragging his big ol clown feet on this one. An onus, indeed.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:13 AM

364 posts, read 244,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

an cir need to remain dead
like zombies

Old 07-04-2010, 10:35 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Obama's omission of timelines indicates he doesn't expect to get anything passed this year, and Democrats are expected to lose congressional seats in November. That means comprehensive reform will be even harder to win, unless it's moved during the lame-duck session after November, when getting re-elected is less of a concern.
This is what worries me.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:12 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
He is holding out, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it as a pawn.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:15 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Quote:
unless it's moved during the lame-duck session after November, when getting re-elected is less of a concern.
Bingo! There will be colossal hispandering latino azz kissing by the marxist amnesty democrats leading up to the 2010 Nov elections designed to get the hispanics stirred up and voting democratic. Too many marxist amnesty democrats will be afraid of losing their seats if they vote for amnesty before the elections. After the elections I believe that jimah obama could convince enough lame duck marxist amnesty democrats to vote for amnesty, "for the good of the democratic party cause". While they were at it the lame ducks they would also vote for provisions that would allow newly amnestied illegal aliens to be allowed to vote in the 2012 elections. That would give the radical marxist amnesty democrats that weren't purged time to get the newly amnestied illegal aliens registered and ready to vote for jimah obama in 2012. This would be clearly subverting the American voting process. But then these democrats are radical marxists aren't they?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:22 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
The more BS He spews out on this the sicker Americans get of him. There are vastly more important issues like getting unemployed Americans back to work.

Something lost on Obama is that this CIR Crap will hurt American workers for decades to come.
This is what happens when you have to lie and promise the world everything to get elected.

Time for us to vote out all his supporters and all Republicans and Democrats that support Amnesty,
including flip floppers like Mc Cain and Graham who have voiced support in the past and could very likely change their minds again.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:39 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The more BS He spews out on this the sicker Americans get of him. There are vastly more important issues like getting unemployed Americans back to work.

Something lost on Obama is that this CIR Crap will hurt American workers for decades to come.
This is what happens when you have to lie and promise the world everything to get elected.

Time for us to vote out all his supporters and all Republicans and Democrats that support Amnesty,
including flip floppers like Mc Cain and Graham who have voiced support in the past and could very likely change their minds again.
So we will all bust our butts researching our candidates and vote accordingly only to see them elected and flip flop. They will follow whatever their party tells them in most cases. Because that's where the money comes from at election time.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:46 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Any Politician that can't stand by their positions deserves to be voted out regardless of Party affiliation or whatever it's leaders dictate.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:28 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Go to NumbersUSA and research the candidate voting records with regard to immigration related bills. If a candidate has a history of voting in favor of bills/proposals that support illegal immigration, DO NOT vote for that candidate.

Chances are, if a candidate has an established voting record that shows they vote against illegal immigration bills/proposals -- they'd be the best candidates to vote for (no flip-floppers).

I've already started doing my research and I'm voting ONLY for candidates that have an established voting history of voting AGAINST anything that supports illegal immigration. I don't care what party the candidate is in. If they're against illegal immigration and have an established voting record to prove it, they have my vote and campaign donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration