U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
12,386 posts, read 8,104,117 times
Reputation: 8068

YouTube - Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising

If Obama challenges it...

Heaven help him.

I smell impeachment on the rise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 895,883 times
Reputation: 390
Jimah obama was sure to sue over SB1070 for several reasons. 1. Blatant hispandering to a tribally ethnocentric hispanic voter bloc to keep that voter bloc stirred up and voting democratic. 2. If jimah didn't sue Arizona it meant that jimah agreed with the claim that since jimah and the fed weren't enforcing immigration law in Arizona the State was forced to start doing the job that the fed refused to do. 3. To try to throw the focus off of jimah and his incompetent regime's malfeasance in not enforcing immigration laws.

Anyway you look at it only a marxist like jimah would not be completely embarrassed that a State would have to pass a law to enforce immigration law that the fed refused to enforce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
 
3,061 posts, read 4,793,588 times
Reputation: 916
This lawsuit can't be just "catering to Hispanics" (I'm sure this may help to catering to that demographic), but the #1 reason is that the executive branch of the federal government believes it has a case that this law undermines the federal government's authority.

There are some things that are non-negotiable in regards to the realm of the federal government and the states, and that is that the federal government has sole jurisdiction over some matters. No matter how bad of a job the feds do, the states cannot usurp that role.

I am not surprised that this happened. It was a matter of time. And the feds are using the same reason that I predicted they would. They filed it now as they had prepared their legal arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Obama to challenge Arizona immigration law - Total Buzz : The Orange County Register

With millions of Americans out of work the great Hispandering Traitor Obama is siding with criminal Illegal Alien Parasites and is going to sue Arizona!!!!

Time to impeach this TRAITOR NOW !!!!

Impeach Obama for treason and not upholding the Law and Sovereignity of the USA !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Arizona
6,817 posts, read 2,505,616 times
Reputation: 3024
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So you are then admitting that Hispanic citizens are ethtnocentric racists? Otherwise why are you making illegal immigration a Hispanic citizen issue?
Because the Hispanic population want a solution to the illegal immigration situation via comprehensive immigration reform. They don't want every itinerint 5th cousin coming to America trying to leach off their family no more than you do. The impression Hispanics have is that the hard line republicans want all illegals to immediately be deported back to their homeland and oppose any rational immigration reform. They will unite against this hard line inhumane mentality. Not because they are ethnocentric and want to retake the western Us back for Mexico as some would claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 02:00 PM
 
230 posts, read 311,294 times
Reputation: 94
OK, while we all have our feelings and thoughts on illegal immigration I'll tell you why SB 1070 is not a good law to have. Let's put the politics aside for a second and think about the resources we have first. I'll only say this once, RESOURCES ARE SCARCE!!!

Obviously we have limited numbers of policemen or immigration and customs enforcement agents. Keeping that in mind the first thing we must do in order to handle this problem is the SECURE THE BORDER FIRST!!! By going after the illegals you have now, for every illegal you deport, another one will simply take their place. Think about it, if you were to accidentally gash your wrist, do you put a band-aid on the wound?

Once you have the borders secure, THEN deport the illegal immigrants we currently have in our prisons. In my opinion those are the ones who are getting free meals and a roof over their heads at the expense of the taxpayer. After all, we spend somewhere around $25-50K per prisoner in our system.

As for the illegals who are not in our prisons, we can work something out. One solution I have would be to make all illegal able-bodied males (ages 18-28) complete a two-year compulsory service in our military. That way they contribute something to the country and in due time they will learn English. In return we'll give them the eligibility to apply for a green card. Frankly I think EVERYONE in this country should give two years of service to the military when they are of age.

Anyway, that's my take on SB1070 and the illegal immigration issue at-large. Feel free to ask me any questions or give some constructive ideas, because in my opinion, getting angry at something will not help, doing something does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 5,672,478 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Because the Hispanic population want a solution to the illegal immigration situation via comprehensive immigration reform. They don't want every itinerent 5th cousin coming to America trying to leach off their family no more than you do. The impression Hispanics have is that the hard line republicans want all illegals to immediately be deported back to their homeland and oppose any rational immigration reform. They will unite against this hard line inhumane mentality.
And the reason that the Hispanic population wants CIR is because of their ethnocentric racism as I pointed out to you in my post. Many of them have relatives and friends here illegally and many just want more Hispanics to come here as what happened with the first failed amnesty. And the reason that Hispanics don't want the illegals to be deported and call Republicans or anyone else who wants the laws enforced on the books which includes deportation hardliners because of all the above also. There is nothing rational about having another failed amnesty and legalizing at least 4 times the number of the first amnesty. There is nothing inhumane about our immigration laws nor the enforcement of them. If these illegals were mostly Chinese, Hispanics wouldn't give a damn about it and would not be putting up this fight and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Chicago
3,140 posts, read 1,851,934 times
Reputation: 1109
Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post
The GOP has got to be the dumbest politically tone deaf organization I have ever seen. Immigration is the new "Southern Strategy" only this one won't even pay dividends before it starts dragging them down.

If Obama is indeed pandering (and I don't concede that he is) he won't have to do it long. The vitriol from the right will ensure that yet another demographic votes solidly democratic for decades to come.
Well of course the left will try to exploit minorities for their own gain. This is nothing new, they have been trying to do it for blacks for awhile now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 5,672,478 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
OK, while we all have our feelings and thoughts on illegal immigration I'll tell you why SB 1070 is not a good law to have. Let's put the politics aside for a second and think about the resources we have first. I'll only say this once, RESOURCES ARE SCARCE!!!

Obviously we have limited numbers of policemen or immigration and customs enforcement agents. Keeping that in mind the first thing we must do in order to handle this problem is the SECURE THE BORDER FIRST!!! By going after the illegals you have now, for every illegal you deport, another one will simply take their place. Think about it, if you were to accidentally gash your wrist, do you put a band-aid on the wound?

Once you have the borders secure, THEN deport the illegal immigrants we currently have in our prisons. In my opinion those are the ones who are getting free meals and a roof over their heads at the expense of the taxpayer. After all, we spend somewhere around $25-50K per prisoner in our system.

As for the illegals who are not in our prisons, we can work something out. One solution I have would be to make all illegal able-bodied males (ages 18-28) complete a two-year compulsory service in our military. That way they contribute something to the country and in due time they will learn English. In return we'll give them the eligibility to apply for a green card. Frankly I think EVERYONE in this country should give two years of service to the military when they are of age.

Anyway, that's my take on SB1070 and the illegal immigration issue at-large. Feel free to ask me any questions or give some constructive ideas, because in my opinion, getting angry at something will not help, doing something does.
You forget that many of these illegals that will be caught are criminals in the true sense. It isn't a waste of resources because there will be no new demands on LE. The only difference will be that during an already lawful contact if one can't provide valid I.D. questions about status are allowed. How long does that take? Days? I don't think so just a couple of minutes and then they turn them over to ICE. Yeah, that's a really big deal, isn't it?

We can and should be doing both border and internal enforcement at the same time. We have different agencies to handle these two things separately already so I don't understand what you are talking about.

I disagree with your solution as to what to do with those here illegally already. They need to go home and wait in line just like every other potential immigrant is doing. No fast path through military service, fines, paying back taxes or learning English. We also need to free up the jobs they are holding for Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Arizona
6,817 posts, read 2,505,616 times
Reputation: 3024
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And the reason that the Hispanic population wants CIR is because of their ethnocentric racism as I pointed out to you in my post. Many of them have relatives and friends here illegally and many just want more Hispanics to come here as what happened with the first failed amnesty. And the reason that Hispanics don't want the illegals to be deported and call Republicans or anyone else who wants the laws enforced on the books which includes deportation hardliners because of all the above also. There is nothing rational about having another failed amnesty and legalizing at least 4 times the number of the first amnesty. There is nothing inhumane about our immigration laws nor the enforcement of them. If these illegals were mostly Chinese, Hispanics wouldn't give a damn about it and would not be putting up this fight and you know it.
You have your opinions as to the "Why" of the situation and I know you are fervent in your beliefs. I respect that. I disagree with the reasons and logic you use and the conclusions you come to. I see the situation with totally different eyes. Perhaps on other issues we will agree. On this one we definately do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 5,672,478 times
Reputation: 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You have your opinions as to the "Why" of the situation and I know you are fervent in your beliefs. I respect that. I disagree with the reasons and logic you use. I see the situation with totally different eyes. Perhaps on other issues we will agree. On this one we definately do not.
That's fine but in your heart you know what I said is true. Hispanics are not the only compassionate group on the face of the earth so there has to be another part of the equasion and it is what I explained to you. There can be no other explanation for it. I don't see any other ethnic group in this country banding together on this issue like Hispanics are doing, screaming racial profiling and screaming racism against non-hispanic Americans for opposing CIR that includes allowing these illegals to remain here. It isn't just a coincidence that the overwhelming majority of illegals are of their like ethnicity. We weren't born yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top