Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 PM

786 posts, read 4,726,583 times

Advertisements

In my community the police are out on Friday and Saturday nights pulling cars over at drunk driving check points. Many of the people being pulled over are not drunk or just happen to be driving by. The Courts have determined these stops are completely legal. -----What would you think about traffic stops to check for illegal immigrants? If you do not have a drivers license you would be arrested and put in jail. Everyone regardless of race would be asked their immigration status. Would this help solve our immigration problems or big a form of Big Brother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,464,084 times
I would support ANY tactic to find and arrest any illegal immigrant.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM

178 posts, read 415,958 times
YES I WOULD!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM

452 posts, read 1,131,045 times
I would have to say No with exceptions. Law enforcement as well as the federal government would like us all to think that their # 1 goal is safety. This is absolute BS and deep down each and everyone of you know it. Let’s take the war on drugs, law enforcement knows that this is a loosing battle and yet it still goes on without an end in sight. There will never be an end as long as local, state, and federal agencies get to keep the money, houses, cars, and assets they seize in drug raids. The fight continues for the money that is gained fighting this loosing battle. Presmexident Bush has said time and time again in regards to the War on Terror..."We must fight them over there so we are not fighting them here." I ask why in the hell are we not taking this approach to the war on drugs. It's no mystery where the drugs are coming from. If the government wanted to stop the war on drugs it could stop it in as little as a couple of months. It chooses not to because of all the free money that is gained in this so called battle.

I move to the roadblocks, local law enforcement will never set up road blocks to catch criminal immigrants because nothing is gained in this process. It would cost more for local law enforcement to detain and process the individuals caught in these roadblocks. The purpose of roadblocks to begin with is smoke and mirrors. Law enforcement must show the law abiding that it is actually doing something from time to time so we do not question why it is nothing ever seems to change. The roadblocks do catch drunk drivers, insurance violators, revoked licenses, and other criminal acts.

This is nothing more than another way of gaining revenue and at the same time showing the Law abiding that law enforcement is actually doing something. These roadblocks actually gain revenue in the process, if you had roadblocks to catch criminal immigrants nothing is gained but a cost that local law enforcement would have to incur and that is why it will never happen. I believe it would be a great idea if that is actually what it was used for, but I just do not see it happening. We all know and every local law enforcement agency knows where the criminal immigrant resides in most locations across this country right now and they choose to do nothing.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,767,122 times
Yes I would be OK with it....

Old 06-21-2007, 02:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,083,112 times
I think they would need a line of buses at each roadblock because every third person stopped would be illegal.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,086,273 times
We definitely need a Big Brother to get rid of the illegals, but that is lacking in our present administration.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,842,529 times
Quote:
Would you support vehicle roadblocks to check for illegals?
Yes I would!

Old 06-21-2007, 04:53 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,668,600 times
Yes I would support the road blocks, but they need to be applied properly.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,416,930 times
Only if they catch them and deport them within 24 hours. I think we should use a giant catapult to send them home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration