U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times

Advertisements

Most of the Mexicans my family works closely with in construction make a whole lot more than $8 an hour. The carpenters are paid very well as are the drywaller etc. Maybe the poor guys hanging around Home Deport Center are making little wages, but the ones working for the homebuilders are making a resonable wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 05:50 PM

348 posts, read 914,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Proud American View Post
Meanwhile, millions upon millions of Americans make their living by leeching off government handouts.

I see an opportunity here. Do you?
Yes I do

Old 10-14-2007, 05:55 PM

537 posts, read 312,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMexican View Post
im against this new law.. its going to affect our economy alot, my father is a buisness owner in the construction field and basiclly a his crew members are mexicans seems like no americans want to do hard labor for $8.00-$15.00 the hour so after all the mexicans are gone whos goning to do all this construction work??????? im not a citizen but a residence of the USA and theres no way in hell i would work in construction i own my own computer aided drafting buisnees, (i don't have any mexicans woking for me) this new law is already affecting our economy, as you see house prices are going down, people arn't spending the way they used to, and they havn't enforced it here in AZ yet till jan. 1st
Too bad but the housing crisis is happening because of bad lending practices and not because illegals are leaving the state. Find another EXCUSE.

I wish all states would enforce like that and all of the illegals rounded up and deported. Our economy would go down a bit but would recoer nicely once Americans were back at work making decent wages.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMexican View Post
im against this new law.. its going to affect our economy alot, my father is a buisness owner in the construction field and basiclly a his crew members are mexicans seems like no americans want to do hard labor for $8.00-$15.00 the hour so after all the mexicans are gone whos goning to do all this construction work??????? im not a citizen but a residence of the USA and theres no way in hell i would work in construction i own my own computer aided drafting buisnees, (i don't have any mexicans woking for me) this new law is already affecting our economy, as you see house prices are going down, people arn't spending the way they used to, and they havn't enforced it here in AZ yet till jan. 1st
You act as if that is a bad thing

Housing prices were way too high anyway.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Most of the Mexicans my family works closely with in construction make a whole lot more than $8 an hour. The carpenters are paid very well as are the drywaller etc. Maybe the poor guys hanging around Home Deport Center are making little wages, but the ones working for the homebuilders are making a resonable wage.
Yes MotleyCrew! Here in L.A. no whites left in construction, my family pays unskilled construction $15-$16 hr., and a skilled trade is like $22 hr. The illegals have run us over and we have to fight back.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You act as if that is a bad thing

Housing prices were way too high anyway.
Isn't that the truth, way too high, and the housing crisis say experts was caused as house prices went up when many illegals and/or Americans arrived in an area, and this created a domino effect with prices up all over most of the country. When an area becomes less populated, housing prices go down.

Last edited by faith10; 10-14-2007 at 08:45 PM..

Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
You all are obviously not Christian or at least humane, these are people not animals.
the truth is you are all Illegal Aliens, You came to America UNWELCOMED! As a Native American I would much rather deal with Hispanic people over Whites any day because at least most Hispanics are religious, family oriented and hard working. What makes you think you have the right to judge who should be in America?

Old 10-30-2007, 05:20 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native American View Post
You all are obviously not Christian or at least humane, these are people not animals.
the truth is you are all Illegal Aliens, You came to America UNWELCOMED! As a Native American I would much rather deal with Hispanic people over Whites any day because at least most Hispanics are religious, family oriented and hard working. What makes you think you have the right to judge who should be in America?
That's not racist at all.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native American View Post
To be blunt:

Rightly or wrongly; the American Indians including the Aztecs', etc. were unable to secure the land they lived on when the Spanish Hispanics (ca. 1500) and a century later the other 'White' people came here and took over.

As an American; I have the right to criticize our laws being broken-------illegal immigration being but one of them.

Besides: if the so-called 'White' people (including those of us with American Indian ancestors) were to disappear tomorrow------how many full-blood Navajo, Cherokee, Choctaw, etc. are even left?

Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Of course, no American will work for $8/hr doing construction. BUT, without illegals, construction will HAVE to pay more, and you'll start seeing Americans back in the jobs.

Here in South Florida, with our glut of illegal labor, it's rare to see an American of any color doing construction. However, for some reason, when I travel through a lot of the midwest that isn't known for illegal immigration, I see plenty of construction projects being done by Americans. Funny how that is, huh?
Are you sure you are not dreaming ? Construction is one of those jobs they keep telling us Americans wont do !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or