U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 PM
 
Location: North Texas
384 posts, read 850,344 times
Reputation: 256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native American View Post
You all are obviously not Christian or at least humane, these are people not animals.
the truth is you are all Illegal Aliens, You came to America UNWELCOMED! As a Native American I would much rather deal with Hispanic people over Whites any day because at least most Hispanics are religious, family oriented and hard working. What makes you think you have the right to judge who should be in America?
Oh boy, here we go again; the "bad white guys syndrone". Its unfortunate that the many people with this syndrone cannot focus on what "illegal" means and that it has nothing to do with race. However, its a waste of time to say much more because this bunch always want to make it a race issue. Also, it seems that more evidence is surfacing that perhaps the Indians were not in America first either; now isn't that interesting?
We have the right to judge who should be in America because its our country and our laws; at least for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Oh boy, here we go again; the "bad white guys syndrone". Its unfortunate that the many people with this syndrone cannot focus on what "illegal" means and that it has nothing to do with race. However, its a waste of time to say much more because this bunch always want to make it a race issue. Also, it seems that more evidence is surfacing that perhaps the Indians were not in America first either; now isn't that interesting?
We have the right to judge who should be in America because its our country and our laws; at least for now.
And too; many people of at least 1/2 American Indian heritage are quite anti illegal as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 03:12 PM
 
5 posts, read 7,140 times
Reputation: 11
Question why

i understand why people are against illegal immigration but why does the issue bring out a racist side to them as they start mentioning negative thoughts about racial groups (aka mexicans)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 03:15 PM
 
635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
Reputation: 111
oh no! An invasion of 5'7" brown guys of my local home depot! I'm with you guys, I'm very concerned to say the least!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 03:22 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native American View Post
You all are obviously not Christian or at least humane, these are people not animals.
the truth is you are all Illegal Aliens, You came to America UNWELCOMED! As a Native American I would much rather deal with Hispanic people over Whites any day because at least most Hispanics are religious, family oriented and hard working. What makes you think you have the right to judge who should be in America?
You've apparently taken that right upon yourself, since you claim that you would 'rather deal with Hispanics than whites any day'. You my friend, are a bigot, native American or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by abril helena View Post
i understand why people are against illegal immigration but why does the issue bring out a racist side to them as they start mentioning negative thoughts about racial groups (aka mexicans)
"Mexican" is not a race, it's a nationality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
13,047 posts, read 12,471,759 times
Reputation: 3938
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
I love this state, I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could.
OK, good. Are you skilled at picking cotton or have brick laying skills or like to paint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 PM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,495 posts, read 33,426,829 times
Reputation: 15044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Now if only other states will follow. I wrote to my Governor today to tell him to enforce the law in Florida!
Sorry, but I think your letter is a few years too late down there. Actually, several months ago when I first learned of the new OK law and later the Tulsa law, I also wrote to my own Gov. and begged him to consider a similar bill. He assured me he is being vigilant and following the situation in OK closely. My own state does not YET have much of a problem with illegals, but should it ever be a problem, I hope and pray that we have elected the right officials who have the same courage that they do in Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
"Mexican" is not a race, it's a nationality.
Very true.

I know a gentleman who is Mexican; born and raised SOB along with his parents------all four of his grandparents came from Russia.

In other words; this paisa is 100% White, racially speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Very true.

I know a gentleman who is Mexican; born and raised SOB along with his parents------all four of his grandparents came from Russia.

In other words; this paisa is 100% White, racially speaking.
With your eye for this type of thing, ArizonaBear, did you know there was a substantial colony of Mennonites in Chihuahua? They are Mexican citizens--speak German (I believe) among themselves, but of course Spanish too. They are famous throughout Mexico for their cheese, "Queso Mennonito".
They were considered "model citizens" and an asset, by the Mexican government, until some years back, when some of them, engaged in the N-S long-haul trucking business between Mennonite colonies in Chihuahua, Montana, and Saskatchewan, (Mexico--US--Canada) were found to be earning "extra income" by transporting drugs. Everyone, including the Mexican police, were surprised and shocked.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top