Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:51 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
That was a bad joke, I know. Call Arnold and tell him to enforce the laws!
Hey...I emailed him the other night and told him about this law that was passed in Oklahoma and suggested he look into it and think about implementing it in Calif...of course, with Ted Kennedy in him family, there's a fat chance of that ever happening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,858 times
Well next time we will have to elect someone that isn't married to a Kennedy. Hopefully other states will follow in Oklahoma's lead because this problem is out of control. I don't mind people coming to America looking for a better life, but do it legally and LEARN ENGLISH.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
im against this new law.. its going to affect our economy alot, my father is a buisness owner in the construction field and basiclly a his crew members are mexicans seems like no americans want to do hard labor for $8.00-$15.00 the hour so after all the mexicans are gone whos goning to do all this construction work??????? im not a citizen but a residence of the USA and theres no way in hell i would work in construction i own my own computer aided drafting buisnees, (i don't have any mexicans woking for me) this new law is already affecting our economy, as you see house prices are going down, people arn't spending the way they used to, and they havn't enforced it here in AZ yet till jan. 1st

Old 10-13-2007, 11:48 PM

57 posts, read 197,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMexican View Post
seems like no americans want to do hard labor for $8.00-$15.00 the hour so after all the mexicans are gone whos goning to do all this construction work???????
Meanwhile, millions upon millions of Americans make their living by leeching off government handouts.

I see an opportunity here. Do you?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:50 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
They're probably coming up here to Nebraska.
For one, Nebraska is cold. Mexicans don't like the cold.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:39 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Quote:
im against this new law.. its going to affect our economy alot, my father is a buisness owner in the construction field and basiclly a his crew members are mexicans seems like no americans want to do hard labor for $8.00-$15.00 the hour so after all the mexicans are gone whos goning to do all this construction work??????? im not a citizen but a residence of the USA and theres no way in hell i would work in construction i own my own computer aided drafting buisnees, (i don't have any mexicans woking for me) this new law is already affecting our economy, as you see house prices are going down, people arn't spending the way they used to, and they havn't enforced it here in AZ yet till jan. 1st
Of course, no American will work for $8/hr doing construction. BUT, without illegals, construction will HAVE to pay more, and you'll start seeing Americans back in the jobs.

Here in South Florida, with our glut of illegal labor, it's rare to see an American of any color doing construction. However, for some reason, when I travel through a lot of the midwest that isn't known for illegal immigration, I see plenty of construction projects being done by Americans. Funny how that is, huh?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:51 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I hope they can't save enough to move to california, we have enough.
ICE is now deporting illegals in L.A. fast as they can, also illegals driving illegally here are now paying the consequences; NBC news. Illegals for a few years now are the largest single group moving out of CA to other states.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:01 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,521 times
Quote:
So is my father a builder, for 60 years. In L.A. illegals have pushed Americans out of many fields including construction, so many Americans have fled out of states starting in the early 90's. When illegals are gone Americans will come back here by the millions to do all kinds of sub construction jobs FOR GOOD WAGES. Rise in population causes rise in costs, lower population causes lower costs and high wages.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
For one, Nebraska is cold. Mexicans don't like the cold.
Tell that to the Mexicans (many of whom are probably legal) in Chicago and points north

Old 10-14-2007, 04:36 PM

348 posts, read 1,021,140 times
Oklahoma is OK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration