U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:27 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times

Advertisements

GOP Senators DeMint and Vitter move to block federal lawsuit against Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM

382 posts, read 236,294 times
Good! I hope they get it done. Better yet let Obama the commie sue them and let the Judge rule in Arizona's favor right around the end of October perfect timing for the biggest wipe out of Democrats in office ever.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
Good! I hope they get it done. Better yet let Obama the commie sue them and let the Judge rule in Arizona's favor right around the end of October perfect timing for the biggest wipe out of Democrats in office ever.

That's right let the judge rule....And....pave the way for other states to follow suit

Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,492,665 times
Another great example of our tax dollars hard at work

After watching the head of Homeland Security last night
she stated the Obama does not have a magic wand to
correct this issue, I'm thinking it wore out it's power
on health care, bailouts, and the last nail in the coffin
bank & wall street regulation

It's the law plain and simple as that, and the government
was well aware that this was coming down the line and
made the choice to treat it as a non issue even though
his Homeland Security head was a former Governor of this
state who had a record for requesting federal help !

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ‘On the Record’ « Gretawire (http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/homeland-security-secretary-janet-napolitano-on-the-record/ - broken link)

Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times

Quote:
Senators Jim DeMint (R- S.C.) and David Vitter (R-LA) said they will attempt to attach the Arizona lawsuit, legal language to small-business legislation set to be debated on the Senate floor next week.
The two Senator complain that Obama shouldnt sue Az with taxpayers money yet are attaching the "AZ legal language" to a small business legislation. For what purpose? why should Arizona's legal language[what ever that means] be part of a national small business legislation?

lets stop wasting time, let the court decide once and for all. That way if the Court rules for AZ, then the other states can follow suit.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:04 PM

16,454 posts, read 21,465,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The two Senator complain that Obama shouldnt sue Az with taxpayers money yet are attaching the "AZ legal language" to a small business legislation. For what purpose? why should Arizona's legal language[what ever that means] be part of a national small business legislation?

lets stop wasting time, let the court decide once and for all. That way if the Court rules for AZ, then the other states can follow suit.
Because it's the only way to get it passed. That's how they passed an end to the NPS gun ban after a lawsuit blocked the rule change, the guns in Amtrak thing, etc.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:50 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Napolitano on Greta last night was a perfect distillation of the wimpy weaving that this administration is doing, favoring a foreign county over our own citizens. What a travesty. I never thought I would see such things in my lifetime.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

For what purpose? To block the lawsuit. Try to keep up.....

Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,011,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
That would be perfect timing-wise.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:53 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Another great example of our tax dollars hard at work

After watching the head of Homeland Security last night
she stated the Obama does not have a magic wand to
correct this issue, I'm thinking it wore out it's power
on health care, bailouts, and the last nail in the coffin
bank & wall street regulation

It's the law plain and simple as that, and the government
was well aware that this was coming down the line and
made the choice to treat it as a non issue even though
his Homeland Security head was a former Governor of this
state who had a record for requesting federal help !

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ‘On the Record’ « Gretawire (http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/homeland-security-secretary-janet-napolitano-on-the-record/ - broken link)
I watched this stupid interview and almost puked. Greta, whom I usually like, all but licked her boots. They tossed the Nerf ball back and forth and as usual the liberal traitor would not or could not answer a single question. And I agree with the above post. Obama can and does wave his wand to take over our country but can't seem to solve some of the simple issues at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or