Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:33 PM

325 posts, read 235,686 times

Advertisements

Right wing blogs and websites are claiming that according to an MSNBC poll, 96% of people favor the unconstitutional Arizona law. The numbers are closer to 60%. More lies from the anti immigration crowd. Who are you going to believe, MSNBC or some wacky websites whose links is disabled?

"In the poll, 61 percent say they favor Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law"

Poll: On immigration, racial divide runs deep - U.S. news - Immigration: A Nation Divided - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Right wing blogs and websites are claiming that according to an MSNBC poll, 96% of people favor the unconstitutional Arizona law. The numbers are closer to 60%. More lies from the anti immigration crowd. Who are you going to believe, MSNBC or some wacky websites whose links is disabled?

"In the poll, 61 percent say they favor Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law"

Poll: On immigration, racial divide runs deep - U.S. news - Immigration: A Nation Divided - msnbc.com
I don't remember seeing 96%; however, I have seen close to 60 percent which is still a majority, so that's great.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:57 PM

406 posts, read 495,645 times
Did you actually think over 2 million people voted in an MSNBC poll? I thought that poll was a joke. I have to hand it to you Tuco you are the first one to say something about it.

The national poll is around 61% in favor of SB 1070. The Arizona polls are even higher, around 70% but don't quote me on that.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Default This is the part where you lose all credibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
Did you actually think over 2 million people voted in an MSNBC poll? I thought that poll was a joke. I have to hand it to you Tuco you are the first one to say something about it.

The national poll is around 61% in favor of SB 1070. The Arizona polls are even higher, around 70% but don't quote me on that.
Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
msnbc.com U.S. & World News - Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration? (http://world-news.newsvine.com/_question/2010/05/12/4274124-do-you-support-arizonas-tough-new-law-on-illegal-immigration - broken link)

MSNBC Poll

Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration?

Current tally:

Yes: 95.9% - 2,780,582 votes
No: 4.1% - 118,146 votes
Quote:
Why isn't Olberman talking about their new poll?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
The 96% is all over the rightwing-o-sphere but refers to an online website click-here poll. Not scientific.

MSNBC poll, 96% - Google Search

I'm not even sure it was an "msnbc poll". The only reference goes back to a deleted page at newsvine where a poster says he voted. It appears to be reader posted poll. "msnbc.com's social-news community where you can discuss stories, publish your own column, and connect with other news lovers." It has less validity than a City-Data Politics poll.

MSNBC Poll: 96% Support Arizona Immigration Law | All American Blogger)

cached page:
msnbc.com U.S. & World News - Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration? (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SrW-CzLA5noJ:world-news.newsvine.com/_question/2010/05/12/4274124-do-you-support-arizonas-tough-new-law-on-illegal-immigration+site:newsvine.com+arizona+support&cd=1 &hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

Old 07-16-2010, 02:19 PM

406 posts, read 495,645 times
Quote:
Whatcha talkin bout Willis?
Ok 2.8 million people. I also think you need to hit the bong again because you can't see the sarcastic side of anyone.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Ok 2.8 million people. I also think you need to hit the bong again because you can't see the sarcastic side of anyone.
Apparently many other opponents of immigration don't see the sarcasm as they have responded to the "poll" post. Good technique, post outrageous lies, when you are caught in a lie, simply say you were being sarcastic. Limbaugh would be proud.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Apparently many other opponents of immigration don't see the sarcasm as they have responded to the "poll" post. Good technique, post outrageous lies, when you are caught in a lie, simply say you were being sarcastic. Limbaugh would be proud.
Why are you beating this dead horse? Will you “bump” this thread tomorrow?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why are you beating this dead horse? Will you “bump” this thread tomorrow?
Someone hurls an insult at me and I respond and this is bumping. Oh wait, I know, don't respond and report it. Not my style, I knew snitches like that in grade and high school, couldn't stand those kids, they always seem to get a routine butt kicking.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Someone hurls an insult at me and I respond and this is bumping. Oh wait, I know, don't respond and report it. Not my style, I knew snitches like that in grade and high school, couldn't stand those kids, they always seem to get a routine butt kicking.

Hmm, funny but that is EXACTLY what the Mods here suggest we do.

Sorry you don't know the "rules"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration