U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
 
325 posts, read 180,822 times
Reputation: 121

Advertisements

"An Arizona police officer has demanded that US federal courts stop a racist law ordering his force to crack down on migrants and immigrants before it begins at the end of the month"

Officer battles Arizona over immigration law / World / Home - Morning Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,064,356 times
Reputation: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
"An Arizona police officer has demanded that US federal courts stop a racist law ordering his force to crack down on migrants and immigrants before it begins at the end of the month"

Officer battles Arizona over immigration law / World / Home - Morning Star
This was yesterday's news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
 
325 posts, read 180,822 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
This was yesterday's news.
Officer battles Arizona over immigration law

Friday 16 July 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,064,356 times
Reputation: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Officer battles Arizona over immigration law

Friday 16 July 2010

The hearing was held yesterday. It was yesterday's news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Officer battles Arizona over immigration law

Friday 16 July 2010
Note the Hispanic surname of the officer? Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
 
325 posts, read 180,822 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Note the Hispanic surname of the officer? Go figure.
Not surprised that you focus on the officers ethnicity. Go figure. Never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at Americans of Hispanic descent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,064,356 times
Reputation: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Not surprised that you focus on the officers ethnicity. Go figure. Never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at Americans of Hispanic descent.
Why is that a problem? The people protesting SB1070 certainly focus on their own ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
 
325 posts, read 180,822 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Why is that a problem? The people protesting SB1070 certainly focus on their own ethnicity.
My post didn't say it was a problem. All I said was that I wasn't surprised. I support free speech, even people I disagree with. If you want to trash Americans of Hispanic origin, be my guest, flame away, it only discredits your movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 PM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,130,218 times
Reputation: 6949
Quote:
Phoenix police officer David Salgado
I think I know what's going on here, he just dosent want to enforce the law against his people. Can you say Viva la Raza?

Quote:
Put none but Americans on guard tonight.
George Washington - upon hearing of a plot by the British to have Irish soldiers pretend to desert as a ruse to kidnap Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,064,356 times
Reputation: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
My post didn't say it was a problem. All I said was that I wasn't surprised. I support free speech, even people I disagree with. If you want to trash Americans of Hispanic origin, be my guest, flame away, it only discredits your movement.
Again, you are trying to generalize. Why are you trying to assume that I am trying to trash Americans of Hispanic origin? I have many friends and some relatives who are and they do not play the victim card. Illegal immigrants (this is who I am speaking about) are not Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top