Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:19 PM

325 posts, read 235,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
I do NOT condone her message. I am firmly in the Woody Guthrie camp.

I just found the whole thread funny b/c people that post this stuff want to suggest that a whack job like that lady somehow represents a large swath of the Latino community.

I mean I COULD post racist garbage that is heard at Tea Party rallies. But that does NOT mean that one nut job person represents the entire Tea Party movement (or even the average non-hispanic white view).

By the way, that lady is WHITE.....
Difference is that most Hispanics and opponents of SB1070 don't defend this whack job, if she indeed is for real. Most teabaggers will defend the racist within their ranks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
By the way, that lady is WHITE.....
A fact she apparently is unaware of LMAO

Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Video looks staged. Almost like a parody. How did the guy with the camera know who these people were, and their agenda before they even exited their car?
Perhaps the “brown beret” and uniform gave them a clue. If you saw someone sitting in a car wearing a white KKK hood and robe, would you actually have to wait until they approached you to know what they represent?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps the “brown beret” and uniform gave them a clue. If you saw someone sitting in a car wearing a white KKK hood and robe, would you actually have to wait until they approached you to know what they represent?
Someone wearing a brown beret in a car is just as identifiable as someone wearing a White hood and a robe? LOL. I've worn black berets, what does that represent? I've also worn black skull caps, what does that represent?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Someone wearing a brown beret in a car is just as identifiable as someone wearing a White hood and a robe? LOL. I've worn black berets, what does that represent? I've also worn black skull caps, what does that represent?
The Tan Klan has a distinguishing uniform just as the KKK. Don’t play games.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The Tan Klan has a distinguishing uniform just as the KKK. Don’t play games.
Uniform? LOL, you mean a short sleeve tan shirt. Jesus, Sheriffs wear shirts almost identical to theirs, I have a shirt like that. I guess they and I are members.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Uniform? LOL, you mean a short sleeve tan shirt. Jesus, Sheriffs wear shirts almost identical to theirs, I have a shirt like that. I guess they and I are members.
Do you also carry a bullhorn?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,053 times
Quote:
I have to say - you're good - Deflect any discussion to arguing over small details so the main thrust of the OP is lost in the shuffle. It's a VERY common and deceitful way of conducting an "argument" imho

Looks like you've had a lot of practice at it too.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:44 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Video looks staged. Almost like a parody. How did the guy with the camera know who these people were, and their agenda before they even exited their car?
Talk to the person who taped it.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM

406 posts, read 495,630 times
Quote:

Just means you have bad taste
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration