Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 PM

23,206 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Myself, I think the clock is ticking before some anti-illegal/fanatic/martyr goes off the deep end at one of these protests, and starts randomly shooting at some of these protesters. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

If I were an illegal I'd certainly think of this scenario before joining one of these parades.

Or, vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,717,858 times
Let the dogs on 'em! Seriously, you want to break the law, you're going to get hurt; I don't care if it's politically incorrect or not, when you do something wrong, there is a consequence.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Red face Crime and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How is a protest march anti-American?...

Answer: when it's conducted by non-Americans in brazen support of their illegal activities. Simple, huh?

...furthermore, how can any "law abiding American" be enraged by anyone excercising their Constitutional rights?
Well, again, I suspect it depends on whether the marchers have those rights by birth, or by naturalization. Otherwise, I'm afraid they're just a bunch of criminals marching on our streets.

"Off with their heads!" I say!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,046 times
Quote:
it would be nice to know what "it" is before we send them off to jail, you think?

But in some cases, that is the exact point of civil disobedience, to be arrested to bring attention to a precieved injustice by peacefully breaking the law.

in the case of SB1070, if protesters wanted to preacefully protest the provision that Americans can not solicit work and be picked up by a vehical from the side of the road; protesters could slow traffic by picking up protesters from the side of the road.

I don't understand where you are coming from with this whole "They haven't done anything yet," tone. If they can say that they are going to cause civil disopedience then why can't people voice their opinion about what should happen if they do?

What is your problem man?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Quote:
The new law faces seven legal challenges, and a federal judge could decide to block it from taking effect.

The groups say they'll still demonstrate if that happens.
so it's not REALLY about SB 1070 then is it?

cough cough

Old 07-23-2010, 01:06 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Myself, I think the clock is ticking before some anti-illegal/fanatic/martyr goes off the deep end at one of these protests, and starts randomly shooting at some of these protesters. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

If I were an illegal I'd certainly think of this scenario before joining one of these parades.

Or, vice versa.

but but...no illegals will be marching - after all, how MANY times do we hear the sob stories of how they're becoming "afraid" to leave their homes due to increased enforcement of our immigration laws ??

Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What part of a valid drivers license or state ID as proof of citizenship eludes you?

Somebody's reading comprehension is indeed lacking, but it most certainly isn't Tulani....

Unbelievable.
Thanks Kele. I didn't think that his one liner needed a reply. I see others did.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
Let the dogs on 'em! Seriously, you want to break the law, you're going to get hurt; I don't care if it's politically incorrect or not, when you do something wrong, there is a consequence.
That exact action creates martyrs...Arizona Police Officer in riot gear with dogs on a crowd.
Hum...

Google Image Result for http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01609/riot_1609410c.jpg

Old 07-23-2010, 05:38 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
so you believe that people who you disagree with, excercising their Constitutional rights is un-American?

how can you judge a future event, and compare it to passed events with no known affilation other than maybe the subject?

how do you know what is their "agenda" even before they have stated it?

and to be accurate, AZ sb1070, is not even law yet; and It ain't my law, nor is it "America's law"...lets be completely clear on that.
No we just believe that Illegals are unamerican.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What part of a valid drivers license or state ID as proof of citizenship eludes you?

Somebody's reading comprehension is indeed lacking, but it most certainly isn't Tulani....

Unbelievable.
I STAND CORRECTED, and appologize to Tulani.

to this point, of the material I have read, there is not a clear indication if Az SB1070 will put an end to Day Labor. when I made my comment to Tulani this was on my mind...

Quote:
If Im a US citizen and wish to work, and I'm seeking work outside a Lowes hardware store, SB1070 says I cant. What does that have to do with I.Ds., driver's licences, or me being a illegal alien or not?

Many speak of enforcemnt of current immigration laws, then why can't Arizona and Municpal LEOs enforce the current laws on the books on undocumented worker's[soliciting work ] instead of denying an American citizen that oportunity for finding work?

If I wish, as an American citizen, to protest that after passage of this bill, I will no longer be able to seek work where the contractors are; How is that Un-American or have anything to do with illegal aliens?

I understand the parts of the bill that deal with immigrant status and valid documenation, but there other parts of the bill that do not...That is my point.

1751Texan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration