Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No we just believe that Illegals are unamerican.
Ive never stated that illegals were "American"...lets be factual now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 AM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
'civil disobedience' planned against Arizona immigration law
These are US citizens practicing their right of civil disobediance, correct?

If not, why don't they practice civil disobediance in the corrupt, squalid nation that could use use a taste of civil disobedience of it's own (not counting all of the drug cartel civil disobedience that goes on there, of course).

Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 AM

216 posts, read 234,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<< how can you judge a future event, and compare it to passed events with no known affilation other than maybe the subject?>>

Like the protesters claiming the law will lead to racial profiling, or that law enforcement will single out Hispanics? Perhaps they should wait before judging a future event.
They single themselves out for racial profiling by protesting the laws they are breaking and being part of theses groups that only have Latino interests at heart.
I think everyone's is tired of it.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:19 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
That exact action creates martyrs...Arizona Police Officer in riot gear with dogs on a crowd.
Hum...

Google Image Result for http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01609/riot_1609410c.jpg
Nice you had to go out of the US to get a picture. Since when does being a criminal that gets bit by a dog make you a martyr? Too funny !!!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Ive never stated that illegals were "American"...lets be factual now
Did I say that you did?
I simply stated the anti-illegal position.
That its fine for legals to protest etc. Nothing unamerican about that as far as I am concerned.
There is however, nothing american about an illegal regardless if they are involved in a protest or not.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Nice you had to go out of the US to get a picture. Since when does being a criminal that gets bit by a dog make you a martyr? Too funny !!!
since you asked...

I didnt use any pictures from the 60's US civil rights movement because I didnt want anyone to say that using Police dogs attacking black folk is hijacking the civil rights movement.

MLK on Civil Disobedience...
Quote:
Ordinarily, a person leaving a courtroom with a conviction behind him would wear a somber face. But I left with a smile. I knew that I was a convicted criminal, but I was proud of my crime. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., March 22, 1956

Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
since you asked...

I didnt use any pictures from the 60's US civil rights movement because I didnt want anyone to say that using Police dogs attacking black folk is hijacking the civil rights movement.

MLK on Civil Disobedience...
I see your reason on my first question. On question 2 believing you were wrongfully convicted and the MLK response hardly makes you a martyr.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default A Redneck Response? Or maybe just common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
but but...no illegals will be marching - after all, how MANY times do we hear the sob stories of how they're becoming "afraid" to leave their homes due to increased enforcement of our immigration laws ??
As well, what could we do if they all showed up all in one place downtown, with "I'm an illegal!" button on their T-shirts?

Hmmm... what an opportunity, huh?

Quote:
That exact action creates martyrs...Arizona Police Officer in riot gear with dogs on a crowd.
Hum...

Google Image Result for http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01609/riot_1609410c.jpg
Hmmm: a UK source. Is this, in fact, the Arizona State Police in the photo?

At any rate, what should illegals expect? They're criminals, after all, no better than someone who sneaks into my house at night despite stern warnings about possible consequences.

Remember now, the Feds, the ones so many of you folks voted for, have sheepishly abdicated their assigned role to protect and defend the Constitution and sovreignity of this, your's and my chosen homeland.

OK: let's all try sneaking into (pick one...) China; Japan; Russia; Iran; Libya; North Korea; etc. etc. No? You'd rather not? And why is that? Because you'd have to be NUTS to try it, knowing the serious consequences. And inescapable harsh jail time. We just don't have any consequences here. In fact, we even give them meds, food, water and a clean bed before politely returning them back to the border, where their own country really would rather we didn't....

Thanks, Obama et al.

BTW, did anyone else see that recent very informative documentary of the problems on that Apache (I think it was...) reservation that runs along the US/Mexican border? All the piles of garbage, junker vehicles, human feces, trash, diapers, drug paraphernalia, etc., that those hard-working legal and original Americans have to deal with on their own property? I particularly liked the guys hiding in the chief's barn, who had guns....

Niiiiice.

Tell you what: Run 'em out of the country, and NOW. Tonight. What is there to possibly argue about or debate here? Tell me. What? They're goddamned CRIMINAL Illegal-Aliens with, therefore, no rights in this country. Why molly-coddle them? And don't try to deflect the issue and call me a racist or bigoted or a redneck. You can, however, call me an American who is deeply concerned about this nonstop wave of parasitic criminals, moochers and "fetal" wanna-be citizens (I'd stop that one tonight as well...).

BTW, I'm absolutely FOR legal immigration. Controlled, managed, legal immigration. I'm one of those myself for heaven's sake! I detest those whiners on national TV who suggest Arizona is somehow racist or biased against Hispanics. What a "thin" deflection.

The illegals should consider themselves very lucky that I'm not King!

And people, here's to our Border Patrol personnel. We won't give them the right tools, and we throw them in jail for defending themselves against gun-totting criminal invaders. What a pathetic Federal government, huh? sorry guys: we're behind you all the way!

Well, there it is. Now I can go have a nice cold beer and relax. Enjoy your country, while it's still here.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
These are US citizens practicing their right of civil disobediance, correct?

If not, why don't they practice civil disobediance in the corrupt, squalid nation that could use use a taste of civil disobedience of it's own (not counting all of the drug cartel civil disobedience that goes on there, of course).
Good question, lol.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Hum...

Why are you lying for? That's not a picture of a "Arizona police officer in riot gear with dogs on a crowd." We aren't dumb, you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration