Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,721 times

Advertisements

Alfredo Gutierrez, organizer with the group Somos America, characterizes the protests as acts of defiance and hope for the Hispanic community

July 29 'civil disobedience' planned against Arizona immigration law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 01:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
Haven't these idiots learned yet that marching and protesting against our laws only proves what ethnocentric, anti-Americans they are and just increases the rage of law abiding Americans every time they do this? When has their little tantrums ever made a difference in congress either? I guess they are slow learners.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Haven't these idiots learned yet that marching and protesting against our laws only proves what ethnocentric, anti-Americans they are and just increases the rage of law abiding Americans every time they do this? When has their little tantrums ever made a difference in congress either? I guess they are slow learners.
How is a protest march anti-American?...especially since the march has not even taken place and no one, at this point, even knows what the theme of their march is?

I dont know this group but I feel certain that the sensibilities of "law abiding Americans" is not forefront on their agenda while exercising their Constitional right of Free Speech. and furthermore, how can any "law abiding American" be enraged by anyone excercising their Constitutional rights?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How is a protest march anti-American?...especially since the march has not even taken place and no one, at this point, even knows what the theme of their march is?

I dont know this group but I feel certain that the sensibilities of "law abiding Americans" is not forefront on their agenda while exercising their Constitional right of Free Speech. and furthermore, how can any "law abiding American" be enraged by anyone excercising their Constitutional rights?
Are you not familiar with the past marches and rallies of the pro-illegals? They have all been about protesting our laws and the enforcement of them and in most sane American's minds that agenda is being anti-American. They may be free to protest under the Constitution but the agenda they are marching for is certainly not pro-America.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
Let these Idiots march and engage in " Civil Disobedience". That way they can be arrested and enjoy Arizona's summer heat incarcerated and if Illegal they can be deported.

Sounds like a win-win situation. More marchs, Si se puede!!!! They can march every day or twice a day for all I care. All this does is convince more Americans of what a GIANT problem Illegal Aliens have become. So go for it !!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you not familiar with the past marches and rallies of the pro-illegals? They have all been about protesting our laws and the enforcement of them and in most sane American's minds that agenda is being anti-American. They may be free to protest under the Constitution but the agenda they are marching for is certainly not pro-America.
so you believe that people who you disagree with, excercising their Constitutional rights is un-American?

how can you judge a future event, and compare it to passed events with no known affilation other than maybe the subject?

how do you know what is their "agenda" even before they have stated it?

and to be accurate, AZ sb1070, is not even law yet; and It ain't my law, nor is it "America's law"...lets be completely clear on that.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Remind me again, do non-citizens have the right to protest in this country?? Because as far as I know, in Europe anyway, it's against the law for non-citizens to participate in any kind of political event, be it a march or protest.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Good that will just harden people against them. thsi is not 1960's anymore.Since then it has always worked aginst those doing it.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,513 times
<< how can you judge a future event, and compare it to passed events with no known affilation other than maybe the subject?>>

Like the protestors claiming the law will lead to racial profiling, or that law enforcrment will single out Hispanics? Perhaps they should wait before judging a future event.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,315 times
Sounds like an easy roundup for Sherrif Joe. The illegals sure have a lot of nerve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration