U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 04:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,098,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I don't think thats fair , Diversity is an important part of our country and should not be confined to a house. So Italians or the Japanese can't share or show there diversity? The OP also has a hard time telling the difference between illegals and legals.....and is know for his attention grabbing threads.
Diversity is no longer the simple term for what's going on. It's now called "Multiculturism", which has been proven to do nothing but "divide" a nation.
If you need to see the proof, I'll be happy to provide it.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 PM

157 posts, read 426,549 times
I've walked past businesses where all of the signage is in Chinese (or Korean or Japanese, I wouldn't know the difference) characters without a hint of an English version. Now that is cheeky. But what I can't stand is the gaudy colors the building were painted. Totally not in keeping with the esthetics of the surrounding community. An eyesore.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,075,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Diversity is no longer the simple term for what's going on. It's now called "Multiculturism", which has been proven to do nothing but "divide" a nation.
If you need to see the proof, I'll be happy to provide it.
Thanks. You explained it better than I did. That is exactly what is going on and it is dividing our nation.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:54 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,229,653 times
Quote:
Its part of Diversity , i don't see people up in arms about the Korean or Chinese only signs in certain towns and cities? I honestly don't care and i can say most of my Generation doesn't care anymore , its not that big of an issue. Why can't we get along , were all Humans? So they speak Spanish , but the Chinese and Eastern Euro illegals seem to get a pass everytime?
Cause MOST ILLEGAL aliens ARE Hispanic. The rest of the illegals keep there mouths shut and lay low.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:57 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,229,653 times
Quote:
I don't think thats fair , Diversity is an important part of our country and should not be confined to a house. So Italians or the Japanese can't share or show there diversity? The OP also has a hard time telling the difference between illegals and legals.....and is know for his attention grabbing threads.
Italians and Japanese became American real quick or went home cause they got there butts kicked. And I aint talking bout just anglos, many Americans of Italian or Japanese background also made damn sure the newcomers dropped there old ways.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:45 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,642,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Italians and Japanese became American real quick or went home cause they got there butts kicked. And I aint talking bout just anglos, many Americans of Italian or Japanese background also made damn sure the newcomers dropped there old ways.
Where I live we have a mix of immigrants. No one immigrant stands out from the crowd because they have blended in so well.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:17 PM

23,464 posts, read 30,799,968 times
Quote:
Its part of Diversity , i don't see people up in arms about the Korean or Chinese only signs in certain towns and cities? I honestly don't care and i can say most of my Generation doesn't care anymore , its not that big of an issue. Why can't we get along , were all Humans? So they speak Spanish , but the Chinese and Eastern Euro illegals seem to get a pass everytime?
Huh? They don't get a pass from me. Illegal is illegal, I don't care where you're from or what color you are.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM

7,653 posts, read 14,633,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post

YouTube - A walk through downtown Westbury on a summer evening

Last time I did such a video, I recieved veiled threats that were no joke.
Someone's gotta speak up...
I don't see anything wrong with that. FROM THE VIDEO (and only from the video), it looks like a vibrant community to me. Surely much better than your typical suburban USA scene of everybody in their cars driving from big-box store to big-box store.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,188,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Wow, someone's got some pent up anger. I'm against illegal immigration, but, man, that's not healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
I definitely agree!

Your both WRONG,this is a man who is standing up for his town and is sick and tired of the B.S.
Instead of writing stupidity you should be applauding this guy for having the b*lls to do what you two wouldn't!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:19 PM

6,564 posts, read 17,799,961 times
Talking 2nd video

Just looked at the latest video but have NO speakers. This one is the same as the first video of a guy walking down a street with a lot of sidewalk footage. Not much difference just this time he did not confront anyone in a park. Appears to be a clean place to live...still like the sidewalk flowers...nice touch.

No crime to have a few empty bldgs...sign of the times all over the US and also here in Rosarito Baja where I live. Less people means less business.

Change the location and country...it would be all the same just different nationalities.

Doubt this guy has ever spent time in any other country observing their local customs/traditions etc. The experience would be educational. He should visit Europe or Asia. I've been to Japan and Korea and never saw littered streets or gum on the sidewalks.

Granted he may be a little ticked off as an individual and is trying to make his point with a 2nd video. Too bad it flunked like his 1st one. Showing a lot of sidewalk footage and a few empty bldgs is not a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or