U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 11:24 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,526,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Your both WRONG,this is a man who is standing up for his town and is sick and tired of the B.S.
Instead of writing stupidity you should be applauding this guy for having the b*lls to do what you two wouldn't!
If you read some of SoEdible posts you will clearly see he is not pro-Illegal. It appears the OP is about to lose it though. Poor man is frustrated.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 AM

13,387 posts, read 15,236,544 times
No one's wrong here:

To some of us (most of us) who are farmiliar with places like LA, So,Cal, NY,Chicago and many other "heavy" roach(illegal) infested areas, these videos don't seem like much.
But to the poster, it's the beginning of a community take-over.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,966,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its part of Diversity , i don't see people up in arms about the Korean or Chinese only signs in certain towns and cities? I honestly don't care and i can say most of my Generation doesn't care anymore , its not that big of an issue. Why can't we get along , were all Humans? So they speak Spanish , but the Chinese and Eastern Euro illegals seem to get a pass everytime?
The difference is that most immigrants who arrive here without the ability to speak, read or write English make the effort to learn our language in order to communicate with us. In my town we have store owners who are Chinese, Fillipino, Middle Eastern, Korean and Russian. EVERY one of them speaks and conducts business in ENGLISH! If I enter any of these shops and they are speaking to a family member in their native language they will stop and revert to English, which is the POLITE thing to do! With the Hispanics it isn't enough that they have signs in their language, but they also expect us to know Spanish in order to communicate. That is the height of ignorance and arrogance!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,526,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
No one's wrong here:

To some of us (most of us) who are farmiliar with places like LA, So,Cal, NY,Chicago and many other "heavy" roach(illegal) infested areas, these videos don't seem like much.
But to the poster, it's the beginning of a community take-over.
They come in large numbers because they avoid the legal process and most come from the lower classes. It take time to adjust to newcomers. Could you imagine Mexico absorbing 12 million Russian Jews. Talk about a culture shock.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Yac

5,515 posts, read 5,775,231 times
This thread has lost it's focus and turned into yet another, generic rant thread.
Closed
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.