U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:41 PM

13,474 posts, read 13,685,814 times

Advertisements

the film maker sure does assume a lot about the people he films.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 PM

16,656 posts, read 27,381,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the film maker sure does assume a lot about the people he films.

He lives in that area and has watched it deteriorate. Being from the outside, you assume he doesn't know anything about where he lives.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:03 PM

13,474 posts, read 13,685,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
He lives in that area and has watched it deteriorate. Being from the outside, you assume he doesn't know anything about where he lives.

I am sure he does know about where he lives. with that being said to walk a street w/a camcorder and assume everyone sitting in a doorway or speaking spanish is illegal is a bit much. advert signs in spanish are just that, they are to get the attention of people who speak spainsh. not everyone that speaks spanish is illegal. his "film" was a one sided biased rant. he should make a film that really shows why he is upset not just vague assumptive mumblings

Old 07-24-2010, 04:19 PM

14,307 posts, read 10,987,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I am sure he does know about where he lives. with that being said to walk a street w/a camcorder and assume everyone sitting in a doorway or speaking spanish is illegal is a bit much. advert signs in spanish are just that, they are to get the attention of people who speak spainsh. not everyone that speaks spanish is illegal. his "film" was a one sided biased rant. he should make a film that really shows why he is upset not just vague assumptive mumblings
Again, what you aren't grasping is the changes he has seen occur in his town. It isn't due to legal immigration nor an all of a sudden influx of Hispanic citizens. He would know about his own hometown by living there and seeing these changes take place.

As I have said often in here all those signs in Spanish wouldn't be appearing if those who are making them didn't know there was a large population of illegals to be reached. Most Hispanic citizens and legal immigrants know how to speak English so there is no reasont to reach them in Spanish.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:21 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,032,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
It is not illegal to be an immigrant, it is illegal to be an illegal immigrant.

And where is he going to go? they don't integrate like legal immigrants.

People who come here legally (even from Mexico) come here, learn English and behave themselves.

They not only come here illegally but they have the gall to force you to speak their language and cause all sorts of trouble
how can anyone force you to speak their language...If a person for China were to force me to speak Mandarin, how exactly would he accomplish that?

One is allowed some leyway in "exageration"- but lets please try to stay in the realm of reality...

Old 07-24-2010, 04:24 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,791,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
how can anyone force you to speak their language...If a person for China were to force me to speak Mandarin, how exactly would he accomplish that?

One is allowed some leyway in "exageration"- but lets please try to stay in the realm of reality...
Can you explain to me why (IF you're an American that is) you are so vehemently opposed to USA borders and immigration laws and enforcement of same?

It's a serious question.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM

11,203 posts, read 15,662,985 times
I had to stop watching. G-d forbid people hang out in a park! I mean, who does that? Parks are meant to be looked at, not enjoyed!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 10,987,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

We are being forced to speak their language by the discrimination in hiring practices against mono-lingual English speakers who represent the majority in this country. It is directly due to illegal immigration. Policemen, social workers, firemen and many other public service personnel are being forced to learn Spanish or they lose their jobs. That is the reality.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:28 PM

48,522 posts, read 79,671,871 times
I turned it off . Basically concentrate on holding the camera steady instead of steadily ranting next time.Illegals;out of town plates ;the rich.I would be upset with your langauge if I passed you really on the streets of my town.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:49 PM

6,554 posts, read 17,629,496 times
Bubblegum on the sidewalks...NO trash in the street/curbs...nice flower planters on the sidewalks (real or plastic) is a NICE touch...TV sat dish cable hanging outside bldg ( happens in the US at many places)...a few empty store fronts (possible with todays economy)...only problem I saw was the camera swinging back and forth as the person walked...the streets were nice and clean compared to some I've seen in Calif.

Really bad looking town?...not in my book...do think it was slightly overdone with a little prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or