U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 PM
 
35,000 posts, read 23,223,702 times
Reputation: 6103

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
How do you know it wasn't illegal aliens?
The burden is on the OP to be honest in his thread title, wouldnt you say?

 
Old 07-27-2010, 05:20 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,377,614 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The thing is, the thread title is, "Here's what ILLEGAL ALIENS did to downtown Westbury" (my emphasis).

I asked the OP how he knew illegal aliens did this, hothulamaui has mentioned it and so far I dont see a reply from anyone.
I don't live in Westbury or know anything about the town. But from the looks of the film and all the signage in Spanish there is a good chance that illegal aliens are there in high numbers.
 
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Denver
8,127 posts, read 10,147,140 times
Reputation: 3986
John (OP) as you probably know I am Mexican and exhibit mixed feelings about this whole subject, but on this I have to support you man.

At least you know the source of the problem, American people who are:

"Too lazy to wash their own car"
"Too lazy to mow their own lawn"
"Won't even take care of their own kids"


...create the source of much of this problem.

If Americans would get back to the "do it yourself" mentality instead of this "sit and be served" mentality much of this issue would cease to exist.

This is why I love when low income housing/HUD/Section 8 is approved in rich and wealthy areas. Why should the middle class towns be the bearer of blight with the illegals that are brought in to service the rich?

So I hope you don't hate Mexicans John, I hope you don't do anything that you will regret because it does appear you are a bit enraged. I am not sure at this point what can be done in Westbury. You may just have to give up and move, because as long as the rich nearby are hiring...your town appears to be hosting.
 
Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,377,614 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
John (OP) as you probably know I am Mexican and exhibit mixed feelings about this whole subject, but on this I have to support you man.

At least you know the source of the problem, American people who are:

"Too lazy to wash their own car"
"Too lazy to mow their own lawn"
"Won't even take care of their own kids"

...create the source of much of this problem.

If Americans would get back to the "do it yourself" mentality instead of this "sit and be served" mentality much of this issue would cease to exist.

This is why I love when low income housing/HUD/Section 8 is approved in rich and wealthy areas. Why should the middle class towns be the bearer of blight with the illegals that are brought in to service the rich?

So I hope you don't hate Mexicans John, I hope you don't do anything that you will regret because it does appear you are a bit enraged. I am not sure at this point what can be done in Westbury. You may just have to give up and move, because as long as the rich nearby are hiring...your town appears to be hosting.
What bull that Americans no longer do those jobs. It is mostly the well off who hire people to mow their laws and wash their cars not your regular JQ citizen. As for watching your own kids, most parents both have to work nowadays to make ends meet. What would you suggest? That they leave their kids at home alone? I doubt again though that is regular JQ citizen who hires illegal aliens to watch them. Again it it the elite who hire illegal alien "nannies".

The OP is enraged over illegal aliens who just happen to be mostly Mexicans in his town so I don't know how you make the connection that he just hates Mexicans in general. Imagine that, regular Americans are having to flee their towns because of the high influx of illegal aliens into it. Where is the compassion for these Americans?
 
Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,913 posts, read 16,541,430 times
Reputation: 4717
Sanctuary city, sanctuary, sanctuary city list, Ohio, jobs, OJJPAC, list, justice, soverignty, citizenship, illegal alien, immigration, amnesty, sanctuary cities, undocumented, ICE, NYC, IIRIRA, Huston, Chicago, Phoenix, L.A., Salvi, Steve Salvi

Sanctuary Cities, list updated 7/15/10

  • New York
  • Albany, NY
  • Bay Shore, NY
  • Brentwood, NY
  • Central Islip, NY
  • Farmingville, NY
  • New York City, NY
  • Riverhead, NY
  • Shirly/Mastic, NY
  • Spring Valley Village, NY (Added 7-25-07)
  • Uniondale, NY
  • Westbury, NY
As a sanctuary city, one would anticipate a larger population of illegal aliens. Viewing another of JohninWestbury's videos, one can hear an illegal stating he IS illegal and proud!

Westbury and other *LI areas on the list are heavily populated by Mestizo looking individuals, the bulk of whom are men, and who tend to congregate in front of convenience stores and home improvement centers looking for work -- barely able to communicate to el jefe except for their salary demands.

If someone is here legally, they have all the documents they need to walk through the front doors of a business and inquire about job openings. They don't need to stand on a corner and negotiate in cash.

*Note: I will not comment on Spring Valley & Albany as they are not on LI. NYC is so spread out that some areas are impacted more than others, so I will omit that as well.
 
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Denver
8,127 posts, read 10,147,140 times
Reputation: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What bull that Americans no longer do those jobs. It is mostly the well off who hire people to mow their laws and wash their cars not your regular JQ citizen. As for watching your own kids, most parents both have to work nowadays to make ends meet. What would you suggest? That they leave their kids at home alone? I doubt again though that is regular JQ citizen who hires illegal aliens to watch them. Again it it the elite who hire illegal alien "nannies".

The OP is enraged over illegal aliens who just happen to be mostly Mexicans in his town so I don't know how you make the connection that he just hates Mexicans in general. Imagine that, regular Americans are having to flee their towns because of the high influx of illegal aliens into it. Where is the compassion for these Americans?
In your eagerness to "jump in" you have missed the entire point of my post. I was talking about the elite, as was the OP, and I am being compassionate for these Americans. You don't have to chime in on every post of mine, only to mirror what I just said verbatim.
 
Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,377,614 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In your eagerness to "jump in" you have missed the entire point of my post. I was talking about the elite, as was the OP, and I am being compassionate for these Americans. You don't have to chime in on every post of mine, only to mirror what I just said verbatim.
I don't pick you out in particular. I pick out posts that I disagree with. I didn't see in your post that you mentioned these so-called lazy Americans as just being the elite. I will chime in on any post I like. Are you a moderator? Thought not.

You said -

"If Americans would get back to the "do it yourself" mentality instead of this "sit and be served" mentality much of this issue would cease to exist".

Elite Americans have never been a "do it yourself" group of people even before the arrival of illegal aliens so what is your point? Americans used to serve them at a fair wage. They have always wanted to be served because they can afford it. So when you use the general term "Americans" it is inclusive of all Americans and that just isn't so.

Those who hire them are guilty but so are the illegal aliens. They know that what they are doing is wrong. They aren't children you know.
 
Old 07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,913 posts, read 16,541,430 times
Reputation: 4717
In all fairness, on the LI forum we had one guy brag that he hired an illegal when the American guy he hired backed out of working on a Sunday. The guy who was bragging was a JQ Citizen, with some issue related to not being a young guy. He admitted putting his spin on the story, trying to paint all Americans as lazy because this American guy backed out on him. Despite suggesting the thread be moved here, the mod kept it on the LI Forum.

Speaking only for LI -- we have very high taxes (10K being the average on a small to average sized, nothing special home.) and as you've written, many families have both spouses working to squeak by. One thing I have noticed here is that to save money on home improvements, yard work, etc., these people will hire illegals. The wealthy are the the biggest source of income for illegals and the middle class are helping to do their part in keeping the illegals in business.

I just lost a job (for a client I previously worked for) because a guy working out the back of his truck, hiring illegals, was able to underbid me by $50K on a 6 month job. I pay liability, workers comp, disability, commercial vehicle insurance, vehicle maintenance on lettered vans and trucks, supply uniforms, am in full compliance with the EPA's RRP, pay rent for my office, utilities, health insurance, SEP, payroll to USA born (and verified) employees. If I were to have met that underbid, I would have lost money on the job. As it was the pencil was sharpened to come in with a reasonable number.

I can understand a client wanting to save money, but it hurts when I am doing the right thing across the boards, and some dirtbag is hiring illegals and undercutting the legitimate companies.

What's going to happen? Like many legitimate businesses, as things drop off, I will have to let employees go. The back of the truck guy will still be getting work by undercutting everyone with the help of his illegal employees.

The jobless rate isn't going down, jobs aren't being created, but at least the illegals will have plenty of cash to wire home.

Last edited by OhBeeHave; 07-27-2010 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: forgot something
 
Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 PM
 
Location: People's Republic of California
284 posts, read 278,689 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
In all fairness, on the LI forum we had one guy brag that he hired an illegal when the American guy he hired backed out of working on a Sunday. The guy who was bragging was a JQ Citizen, with some issue related to not being a young guy. He admitted putting his spin on the story, trying to paint all Americans as lazy because this American guy backed out on him. Despite suggesting the thread be moved here, the mod kept it on the LI Forum.

Speaking only for LI -- we have very high taxes (10K being the average on a small to average sized, nothing special home.) and as you've written, many families have both spouses working to squeak by. One thing I have noticed here is that to save money on home improvements, yard work, etc., these people will hire illegals. The wealthy are the the biggest source of income for illegals and the middle class are helping to do their part in keeping the illegals in business.

I just lost a job (for a client I previously worked for) because a guy working out the back of his truck, hiring illegals, was able to underbid me by $50K on a 6 month job. I pay liability, workers comp, disability, commercial vehicle insurance, vehicle maintenance on lettered vans and trucks, supply uniforms, am in full compliance with the EPA's RRP, pay rent for my office, utilities, health insurance, SEP, payroll to USA born (and verified) employees. If I were to have met that underbid, I would have lost money on the job. As it was the pencil was sharpened to come in with a reasonable number.

I can understand a client wanting to save money, but it hurts when I am doing the right thing across the boards, and some dirtbag is hiring illegals and undercutting the legitimate companies.

What's going to happen? Like many legitimate businesses, as things drop off, I will have to let employees go. The back of the truck guy will still be getting work by undercutting everyone with the help of his illegal employees.

The jobless rate isn't going down, jobs aren't being created, but at least the illegals will have plenty of cash to wire home.
My ex husband lost most of his business to illegals. They have taken over the construction industry in California. They do cheap but shoddy work. It doesn't matter now, but in ten years when their houses will be leaking, it will but it's too late for my ex and many many other contractors. Their businesses are gone by unscupulous general contractors and homeowners hiring illegals.
 
Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Westbury,NY
2,529 posts, read 4,482,810 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
John (OP) as you probably know I am Mexican and exhibit mixed feelings about this whole subject, but on this I have to support you man.

At least you know the source of the problem, American people who are:

"Too lazy to wash their own car"
"Too lazy to mow their own lawn"
"Won't even take care of their own kids"


...create the source of much of this problem.

If Americans would get back to the "do it yourself" mentality instead of this "sit and be served" mentality much of this issue would cease to exist.

This is why I love when low income housing/HUD/Section 8 is approved in rich and wealthy areas. Why should the middle class towns be the bearer of blight with the illegals that are brought in to service the rich?

So I hope you don't hate Mexicans John, I hope you don't do anything that you will regret because it does appear you are a bit enraged. I am not sure at this point what can be done in Westbury. You may just have to give up and move, because as long as the rich nearby are hiring...your town appears to be hosting.
You make a great point and one I agree with. Its a point I make over and over again. Its akin to leaving crumbs on the floor and then you have a roach problem. I dont hate mexicans, as long as they come here legally and follow our laws. Many of the illegals aren't even from Mexico here, they are from El Salvador, Hondourous, and Guatumela. People will just assume they are mexican, which is another problem.
I may just have to leave, but of course, whereever I go in the future could be invaded too. When I moved here in the 90s it looked fine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top