U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:58 PM

325 posts, read 180,655 times

Advertisements

Yet the right wing kooks never complain about Bush's handling of illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,851,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Yet the right wing kooks never complain about Bush's handling of illegal immigration.
you are wrong. They both gave done a poor job with illegal immigration.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:51 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
DOUBLE ????? Great news maybe he can quadruple them next year.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times
Double? If you look at numbers, it's still very dismal.

Try harder.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
wrong - I was JUST as vocal about Bush's hispandering as I am with Obama's (and JUST as disgusted I might add) - so much for "change" - just more of the same old same old........

Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 AM

346 posts, read 616,397 times
Do you live in the past? It seems like it. Many of us here bash Obama's handling of illegal immigration because...surprisingly....he is the current US President. None of us here were happy with G.W.'s handling of it either, but it's better to make a baseless assumption, right?

Old 07-24-2010, 05:34 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
To be fair the illegal immigration problem was not in the spot light as it is now. How many did Bill Clinton deport? For the same reason the politicians did their best to hide the problem.
Now there is no hiding it.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:12 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Then you must have been living in a cave a couple of years ago. I don't know who the right wing kooks are but many Americans protested Bush's push for amnesty and not securing our borders just as we are doing with the Obama administration today.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
My, my. . . someone didn’t do his homework. Question: Who was in office when Congress’ switchboards were shut down by an overload of angry anti-illegal callers? Answer: George W. Bush.

As much as you would like to believe, illegal immigration is NOT a partisan issue. You are wasting your time with the incessant right vs. left, Democrat vs. Republican, liberal vs. conservative, childish name-calling, and the race card. Debate the issue like an adult. But first, educate yourself.

Quote:
Rarely does a legislative fight get as emotional as the battle over immigration. A flood of angry phone calls from opponents of the overhaul shut down the Capitol switchboard before the vote, overwhelming the message from a small klatch of immigrant-rights demonstrators urging passage outside the Capitol.
Immigration Bill Dies in Senate - washingtonpost.com

Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 AM

60,192 posts, read 30,630,253 times
Quote:

I don't know if I'm right wing, but I did vote for Bush(I also voted for Clinton), yet I screamed at him for his stance on illegal alien trespassers coming here and taking my jobs. 3 of them to be exact. Framing homes, Sheetrocking and floating, installing carpet and now they are leaning in on my hardwood flooring installation business.

Believe me! I screamed at Reagan for his blunder in 1986, to please a Progressive Congress, to get what he wanted passed as law. In the political give and take game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or