Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 09:49 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,944,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
And still not one bit of remorse for the spread of lies. Only excuses and deflection. How cowardly of anyone to not be able to admit they have participated in the spread of lies-----lies that further their agenda.
Yes, there are couple of posts in this thread moving the goal posts to it-doesn't-matter-if-its-true-or-not-because-it-still-points-out-poor-border-security.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:25 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Either that or the PD has been taken over by the Cartel!
LOL I laugh, but you never know, lol.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:55 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

I looked at the webcams and Gary is absolutely correct. The lines have always been longer coming into the U.S. It was that way when I crossed the border for the first time in 1968, and it was that way the last time I crossed in 1995.
And it's still that way to this day, whenever we go across to shop or to build houses for the poor communities (http://corazon.org/HTMLPages/ConstructionProjects.asp - broken link). We get in easily enough, but wait hours in line coming back. And most of the people in the lines are Americans.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:18 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,176,018 times
<<Where is Obama and the Fed's, asleep at the switch as usual.>>

Not to worry. As a poster on another board said "This is the weekend. He's going to get right on it Monday morning.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:29 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is the funnest thread I've read in a long time but it's scary sad too, how quickly people are willing to believe rumors off the internet.
Trust me, if it were true they'd have Anderson Cooper's boring arse down there with a vest on in a NY minute.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:39 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,176,018 times
If true, this can only help Jan Brewers defense of the AZ law. Maybe the government would rather keep it quiet for that reason. I can't imagine anyone claiming border states have no right to protect themselves with any means available, if this storiy is true.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:15 AM

894 posts, read 1,125,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I found that too and was going to post it until I noticed you already had.

Apparently, the story is half-true ... in a way.

Still, does it make anyone feel safer to know that a ranch in Laredo is being used by a "Texas Cell" of a Mexican gang to train its members?

I really feel sorry for the folks that live along the border of Mexico on the US side. It's not safe to live in an area like that, especially if our own Govt. is unwilling to enforce our Federal Laws.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
And still not one bit of remorse for the spread of lies. Only excuses and deflection. How cowardly of anyone to not be able to admit they have participated in the spread of lies-----lies that further their agenda.
FYI, I haven't spread any lies. I didn't report the story nor did I comment on it except to say I hope the truth comes out. Why didn't you address any of the points I made instead of deflecting from them? I asked you how we can be xenophobic (a fear of strangers) when we are already a diverse nation racially and ethnically. Who are the strangers in our country that we supposedly fear? You made the remark about fear of the brown boogy man when I said the fear is about the drug cartels. What does skin color have to do with it? I'll be waiting for your answers.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:39 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Obviously, some are incapable of discussing an issue without painting all opponents of illegal immigration with one biased, filthy brush. If you read the article posted by delusianne you will discover, to your dismay, that this story is not a fabrication by some right-wing, Mexican-hating nutjobs contrived to instill fear. Rather, some of the details were not reported accurately. Of course, this NEVER happens with the MSM.

I guess the fact that the drug cartels have set up shop on a ranch in Texas makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. One would think it’s an innocuous religious retreat, rather than an operation for drug traffickers and savage kidnappers and murderers. Clearly, it’s more important to spew your venom than to acknowledge a serious problem, that is, unless it supports your agenda. Perhaps a drug cartel will choose to operate from your neighborhood next. Wouldn’t that be a hoot?

Are the following reports based on xenophobia, hate, and fear-mongering?

Quote:
The FBI is advising law enforcement across the country that a “Texas cell” of Los Zetas acquired a ranch in Texas that they are using as a base of operations.
Los Zetas Drug Cartel Seizes Ranches In Texas Not True? Well……. » Right Pundits

Quote:
Mexico's cartels already have tentacles that stretch across the border. The U.S. Justice Department said recently that Mexican gangs are the "biggest organized crime threat to the United States," operating in at least 230 cities and towns. Crimes connected to Mexican cartels are spreading across the Southwest.
Mexico's Drug Cartels May Have Become Too Powerful to Control - WSJ.com

Quote:
AUSTIN -- Violence from Mexican drug cartels has spilled over into Texas, state Homeland Security Director Steve McCraw said Monday.

"Yes, absolutely it has occurred; there's no question about it," McCraw said after a hearing before the House Committee on Border and International Affairs.
Homeland Security official affirms Mexican drug cartel violence has spilled over into Texas - El Paso Times

Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,735,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, some are incapable of discussing an issue without painting all opponents of illegal immigration with one biased, filthy brush. If you read the article posted by delusianne you will discover, to your dismay, that this story is not a fabrication by some right-wing, Mexican-hating nutjobs contrived to instill fear. Rather, some of the details were not reported accurately. Of course, this NEVER happens with the MSM.

I guess the fact that the drug cartels have set up shop on a ranch in Texas makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. One would think it’s an innocuous religious retreat, rather than an operation for drug traffickers and savage kidnappers and murderers. Clearly, it’s more important to spew your venom than to acknowledge a serious problem, that is, unless it supports your agenda. Perhaps a drug cartel will choose to operate from your neighborhood next. Wouldn’t that be a hoot?

Are the following reports based on xenophobia, hate, and fear-mongering?

Los Zetas Drug Cartel Seizes Ranches In Texas Not True? Well……. » Right Pundits

Mexico's Drug Cartels May Have Become Too Powerful to Control - WSJ.com

Homeland Security official affirms Mexican drug cartel violence has spilled over into Texas - El Paso Times
Oh, you preach on GIRL! Take it to their doorstep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.