U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 AM

17,447 posts, read 14,103,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Illegal immigrants have been under this impression because Americans have given them this impression. Americans have been employing illegals at businesses, as nannies, as yard workers for many years now. During this time, illegals had children. These children, whether you like it or not, are citizens of the United States.

Illegals have believed we were OK with them being here because we acted that way. But, it all came down to a misunderstanding.

You see, America wanted workers. What we got were people. How sad we cannot tell the difference.
I don't know one single person that has hired an Illegal, you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 AM

47,585 posts, read 35,983,019 times
Of course she still likes the USA, the land of easy welfare handouts. She's not supposed to like Arizona, that's the whole point of Arizona enforcing the laws.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 AM

17,447 posts, read 14,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course she still likes the USA, the land of easy welfare handouts. She's not supposed to like Arizona, that's the whole point of Arizona enforcing the laws.
Then, when every other State adopts the same law they won't "like" the US! Change your own Country, not ours!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 AM

20,311 posts, read 11,516,131 times
Quote:
Illegal immigrants have been under this impression because Americans have given them this impression. Americans have been employing illegals at businesses, as nannies, as yard workers for many years now. During this time, illegals had children. These children, whether you like it or not, are citizens of the United States.

Illegals have believed we were OK with them being here because we acted that way. But, it all came down to a misunderstanding.

You see, America wanted workers. What we got were people. How sad we cannot tell the difference.
Please allow me to correct a few points in your post.
1. Some Businesses have hired illegals. Not all and not even most.
2. Some Americans employed illegals as nannies or yard workers. Not all and not even most.
Illegals believe we were ok with them? Then why the ID theft? Why the skulking in the shadows? Why the need to use false names, false addresses?
No they knew perfectly well that they were living a criminal life.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:48 AM

2,732 posts, read 4,335,424 times
Im supposed to care if this illegal likes AZ or the USA?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:05 PM

216 posts, read 123,012 times
Quote:

You see, we wanted legal assimilated citizens that can contribute to our society not wreck havoc.See that's how we had done it before the laws were held in disregard, thus displacing millions of Americans.WE CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,088,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
I suggest you look in the mirror Americans ...
Why do Americans need to look in the mirror about this? When did I employ an illegal immigrant? When did I have confirmation that an undocumented worker produced a product I am using? So, please, again, why do "Americans" need to look in the mirror?

Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,088,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yup. That's the start of the changes happening: people not being politically correct anymore or polite and letting undocumented people know that we aren't OK with them coming here having children that will attend our public schools, receive free and reduced lunch, or working the jobs that legal residents could work. I believe that the illegal immigrant community is starting to feel that we really don't want them here causing the effects that they cause. The jobs-that-Americans-won't-do were filled up by undocumented workers a long time ago.

Oh yea, I do believe that we don't have to verbally assault people because they are undocumeted. I don't like to see people ridiculing someone when the conversation can be done in a peaceful manner and opinions can be exchanged peacefully. Am I pissed when I read accounts of illegal immigration or know of it in my community, yes. I do believe in telling them how I feel when I find out that they are here illegally, have three kids all under 5 and they are in the Wal-Mart line paying for their groceries with a WIC check or EBT card (food stamps). I will tell them how I feel as a US citizen that was born and raised here. I will be bluntly honest and let them know what they and the millions other like them are doing to our state and federal budgets.

Our silence and lack of action is their go-ahead nod that we are OK with them being here illegally and using our resources. I've spoken to some women who are under the impression that the assistance that they are receiving for their 5 children is meant for them. I will talk to them, ask them if this is available in Mexico (they tell me no) and they smile as they realize that they are getting a good deal here. Some of them have been here 10 years. Ten years and they are receiving government assistance and in the mean time had 5 or 3 children. Does it look like they get the picture? Nope. They think it is OK, acceptable. Once the American people who are bothered by this speak up and express their problems with this, illegal immigrants will get the picture.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 10,032,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
If it all goes as it should and they're all deported, Obama will probably get one last dig in and
Quote:
send them all with first class airline tickets to their favorite Mexican resort all expenses paid
And knowing BO. on pensions.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM

216 posts, read 123,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yup. That's the start of the changes happening: people not being politically correct anymore or polite and letting undocumented people know that we aren't OK with them coming here having children that will attend our public schools, receive free and reduced lunch, or working the jobs that legal residents could work. I believe that the illegal immigrant community is starting to feel that we really don't want them here causing the effects that they cause. The jobs-that-Americans-won't-do were filled up by undocumented workers a long time ago.

Oh yea, I do believe that we don't have to verbally assault people because they are undocumeted. I don't like to see people ridiculing someone when the conversation can be done in a peaceful manner and opinions can be exchanged peacefully. Am I pissed when I read accounts of illegal immigration or know of it in my community, yes. I do believe in telling them how I feel when I find out that they are here illegally, have three kids all under 5 and they are in the Wal-Mart line paying for their groceries with a WIC check or EBT card (food stamps). I will tell them how I feel as a US citizen that was born and raised here. I will be bluntly honest and let them know what they and the millions other like them are doing to our state and federal budgets.

Our silence and lack of action is their go-ahead nod that we are OK with them being here illegally and using our resources. I've spoken to some women who are under the impression that the assistance that they are receiving for their 5 children is meant for them. I will talk to them, ask them if this is available in Mexico (they tell me no) and they smile as they realize that they are getting a good deal here. Some of them have been here 10 years. Ten years and they are receiving government assistance and in the mean time had 5 or 3 children. Does it look like they get the picture? Nope. They think it is OK, acceptable. Once the American people who are bothered by this speak up and express their problems with this, illegal immigrants will get the picture.

Oh yeah, the pot boils ..and now its empty...
We can and will be strong Americans again.
Thank you for the great post!
So now yet another poll done by

cnn...http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...6/rel10e1a.pdf

The writings are on the wall we have total public dismay.except far wing racists on both sides remember DIVISON IS THE GAME..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration