U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 PM

26,200 posts, read 14,096,059 times

Advertisements

I haven't read through all of the pages of this thread.

Has anyone actually read the ruling? I have heard that a good part of SB1070 still will go into effect tomorrow. Nothing was struck down - only certain parts were put on hold - from what I have heard so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,947,293 times
US schnozz is out of joint when it comes to priorities. It's more essential to train an Afghani policeman than it is to enforce immigration laws here. It's more important to protect the Afghani poppy fields than to wage war on the Mexican drug cartels.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM

3,716 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Has anyone actually read the ruling? I have heard that a good part of SB1070 still will go into effect tomorrow. Nothing was struck down - only certain parts were put on hold - from what I have heard so far.
Here it is

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/JudgeRuling072910.pdf

Old 07-28-2010, 03:45 PM

76 posts, read 70,321 times
watch, until a Iraqi or Bin Laden people sneaked through the south border and made history, people will wake up to sue the Fed. Gotta cure the disease before it spreads and kill people.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:52 PM

509 posts, read 608,698 times
Quote:

The parts that matter were struck down. Namely, if a cop pulls over someone for a crime, and they speak 0 English and lack any ID etc...They are not allowed to pursue the issue to see if they are an illegal alien.

Other parts of the bill which actually mattered, were also cut out.

So essentially, the bill as it stands now does nothing.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,183,292 times
Quote:

True but the real meat of it to allow it to actually work, was put on hold. This lawsuit shouldve never been filed and for the Admin to act so quickly against it while they continue to NOT enforce our laws is disturbing and treasonous.

I really hope the courts will uphold the law as it was put out entirely, but I dont have faith in that happening. I wasnt really surprised to see a Democrat judge rule the way she did today. She fell right in line with Obama and the rest in going against our laws, the will of the people, and justice.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM

3,716 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I wasnt really surprised to see a Democrat judge rule the way she did today.
When Democrats use conservative language to promote their agenda, it ultimately creates more support for Republicans.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:12 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,637,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This is great great news!!! I am very proud of this judge! We need to let the conservatives and bigots know that they don't run things anymore. The Mexicans are here to stay and the old white tea party types need to get used to that. Arizona was stolen from Mexico to start with and the Mexicans have every right to be there.
Huh? Every right? On what doctrine are you referencing? You have no rights, if you are not legal you don't vote. You have civil rights naturally but you are not owed nothing.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,637,625 times
I am so confused on this bill. Let's say there is a drug bust and ten illegals are arrested, under the ruling of today, the law can't ask them if they are illegal? So, if this is the case, how can Sheriff Joe get away with it? So, if this person is in our country illegal, they are placed in our jails at our tax payers expense?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I am so confused on this bill. Let's say there is a drug bust and ten illegals are arrested, under the ruling of today, the law can't ask them if they are illegal? So, if this is the case, how can Sheriff Joe get away with it? So, if this person is in our country illegal, they are placed in our jails at our tax payers expense?
Federal law requires, not requests, but mandates every non-citizen to carry proof of legal status at all times. Yes, taxpayers foot the bill not only for the incarceration of illegal aliens, but also for their legal defense, court costs, etc.

Between the costs associated with incarceration, medical treatment, K-12 education, anchor baby freebies, organ transplants, and kidney dialysis, illegal aliens are sucking the very life out of U.S. taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or