U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 04:42 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,137,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As predicted, the “reasonable suspicion” clause has been blocked. Basically, all contentious aspects of the law have been stricken. Also, non-citizens will not be required to carry proof of legal status, which is mandated by Federal law. The law will become effective tomorrow, but with mega restrictions.

Federal judge rules on Arizona's immigration law
What is the point of even having illegal immigration!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:50 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
They can just address the parts on basis that the judge struck down.That is done all the time. But the provision that addresses stiffening the employment pentalities was not strcuk down.Which can make a huge difference.Also looks like it might efffect the federal laws if applied because in many instances the federal law are even stronger in those areas.Offers a guide to other states in fashioning such laws.It did not stickdown states enforcing all immagration laws is the important part on hiring illegals:IMO.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 PM

216 posts, read 198,653 times
yes, its a victory even if some of got it suspended, please see this link
Why Judge Susan Bolton blocked key parts of Arizona's SB 1070 - CSMonitor.com for the qoute

Among that part of the law that will now take full effect is a provision allowing Arizona residents to sue any state office or agency for failing to fully enforce immigration laws.

This my friends is what california was waiting for, it is much talked about hiring big guns to sue the feds.class action.
imagine a big check for damages for all the years we endured.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:03 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
Its also just a injunction and can be further challenged by states.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:11 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,137,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If the Feds don’t enforce the law, citizens are going to start taking matters into their own hands, and it won’t be pretty.
Is that what they want so that they can implement Marshall Law?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,405,852 times
This whole system is f-ed up. never is law enforcement going to be able to catch every illegal alien here and deport them, never. And even when they do people just come back across so it's just a waste of time and money.
And I am really tired of hearing people blame Obama and his administration for the whole immigration problem, this has been well in the works for years now-when Bush was president!
And another thing is, illegals who have kids here that were born here ( anchor babies-as so many heartless people call them, I call them US ciitizens) what is going to happen to them if parents get deported? More kids on state assistance, in foster homes etc. guess who will pay for that?
I think the bast thing to do is:
1.Give people amnesty who can prove they have been here for a certain length of time and have committed no crimes and work
2.Deport all criminals and anyone caught committing crimes (not traffic tickets) (criminals don't need to be here--and us much less supporting them in jail)
3. make all those that get to stay pay a large 1 time fee and commit to 2 years in the military (at least)
4. Shut down the border-make it impenetrable! (until its shut people will just keep coming back)
5. Legalize marijuana 9that would solve a lot of crime issues and make us money)
I know lots of people hate these ideas but you know what- we need to be realistic, and a little compassionate. Hating illegal people here that are criminals is one thing, but is there no one who understands where these people come from? when someone is desperate to survive and risk death to come here we should have a little compassion. We don't choose where we are born, after all. But we need to have some common sense in dealing with these issues too.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,947,941 times
give us your tired, your poor, your undocumented, your diseased, your fertile, your alcoholics, your mentally ill, your unlicensed drivers, your kleptomaniacs, public urinators, drug dealers, murderers, ah...and your people who "work hard" and just "want better lives" bring the whole gang. we love being drained by these vampires.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:34 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,947,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
This whole system is f-ed up. never is law enforcement going to be able to catch every illegal alien here and deport them, never. And even when they do people just come back across so it's just a waste of time and money.
And I am really tired of hearing people blame Obama and his administration for the whole immigration problem, this has been well in the works for years now-when Bush was president!
And another thing is, illegals who have kids here that were born here ( anchor babies-as so many heartless people call them, I call them US ciitizens) what is going to happen to them if parents get deported? More kids on state assistance, in foster homes etc. guess who will pay for that?
I think the bast thing to do is:
1.Give people amnesty who can prove they have been here for a certain length of time and have committed no crimes and work
2.Deport all criminals and anyone caught committing crimes (not traffic tickets) (criminals don't need to be here--and us much less supporting them in jail)
3. make all those that get to stay pay a large 1 time fee and commit to 2 years in the military (at least)
4. Shut down the border-make it impenetrable! (until its shut people will just keep coming back)
5. Legalize marijuana 9that would solve a lot of crime issues and make us money)
I know lots of people hate these ideas but you know what- we need to be realistic, and a little compassionate. Hating illegal people here that are criminals is one thing, but is there no one who understands where these people come from? when someone is desperate to survive and risk death to come here we should have a little compassion. We don't choose where we are born, after all. But we need to have some common sense in dealing with these issues too.
good lord. how many are you willing to take in?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,152,646 times
Bye Bye Democrats! I hope it was a good 4 years in control! Because, as of today, liberal ideology has been set back for at least one decade, if not two!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:37 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,638,204 times
I am for this bill and I am called "prejudice" and name calling to me. There are so many issues here. First of all, if this bill mimicked Federal Law, yet a Federal Court Judge, ruled most of this bill is unconstituitional? Wouldn't that make the Federal Law unconstitutional? Aren't our constitutional rights being ignored, when the illegals enter our country, continue doing criminal activity, drug smuggling, kidnapping, murder, rape and violent crimes? We have no judge to back our rights up as citizens, we just have a jury of those against this bill, to call us names such as racist, prejudice, haters. Something is wrong with this picture?? Who is to protect us?
My feeling is we should just abolish Home Land Security...bring back all of our military troops from all faraway lands and make this a open country, to all people all over the land. If we choose to ignore and govern our land properly, lets bring back the old west. We take the law into our own hands.

It is like the man who breaks the law, he is found guilty and sent to prison. Can't someone enter our country, and be found guilty and sent back to their own country?

My grandfather died in WW2 for this country. He left a wife and two young sons for her to support. There was no warfare in those days, my grandmother went to work, supporting two sons and she worked sometimes 2 jobs. She was from Canada and her father entered the USA legally. There is a right way and a wrong way and when should the wrong be awarded?

Go to any country in the world and if you are not a citizen you will be asked to keep your passport on you at all times. This is the only country I know that allows criminals to enter its country and the police can't ask questions.

Didn't AZ pass a law a few years ago, saying it was illegal for a business to hire a illegal or undocumented person? Yet in the bill, the judge said a illegal cannot be denied work? Since when does someone who broke the law, have any rights? This picture is twisted.

My great grandfather entered this country through Elis Island. Everyone was checked briefly by a doctor, only 2 percent were turned away, but the doctors made sure people weren't bringing over any communicable diseases. With the illegals entering our country, we don't get to check what kind of diseases they bring in with them. Is that fair for the people who are citizens? Something is wrong here.

Well, I said my peace. I am for this bill and call me anything you like. If we don't know enforce the rule of the land, let the land be free to all people just not Latinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or