U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 01:26 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I have been a democrat from voting age, but I support enforcement 100%

I believe the federal government has failed Arizona and its residents so Arizona was taking action to protect itself. We have a crisis that the Feds are doing nothing to try to solve and yet when a state tries to ameliorate the situation, the feds strike them down. That is beyond wrong

Very disappointed democrat here
Former Democrat, now Independent. Still fairly liberal, but I cannot condone nor endorse illegal immigration or amnesty. Most of my family and friends are Democrats, and NONE of them support this garbage. I get so sick of people trying to make this a right vs. left, liberal vs. conservative issue, when nothing could be further from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM

4,023 posts, read 6,265,614 times

Old 07-28-2010, 01:31 PM

509 posts, read 608,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Nice rewrite of history. It was Reagan's Amnesty with a Republican majority in the Senate and a Democrat majority in the House.
A rewrite of history really ? So the borders were secured in 86 after we gave amnesty to 9 million illegals ? Wow could have fooled me. Here I thought we had a massive problem with illegal immigration today, AND attempts to grant another amnesty. Oh wait, we do.

And the President in charge does not matter, nor does the ruling party. The immigration issue is a complete failure amongst everyone in Government, from the Senators [for ignoring it], to Congress and to the President [including Bush Sr's term, Clinton, Bush Jr and Obama...for ignoring it]. And it is the President's duty, regardless of party [according to the Constitution] to uphold our laws and defend our borders...Which includes illegal immigrants coming across. So again, who is President and his party matters not a cent.

Besides, if the best we can hope for from our leaders [of either party] is "hey lets give amnesty! we cant deport them all"...Then we are all screwed. Since it means that in another 20 years from now, we will have another amnesty push.

Last edited by jonaos; 07-28-2010 at 01:41 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
On the basis it would put a burden on the federal government, straining the federal governments resources.

Is this judge serious?
Let’s hope they don’t have a rash of bank robberies. Heaven forbid they should strain federal resources. If they do, I guess they’ll have to let the thieves remain free, and wait for the Feds to find time to address the issue.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:33 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,554,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wrong! There are as many opponents of illegal immigration on the LEFT. Stop trying to make the rule of law a partisan issue.

By the way, do you support anarchy? That’s precisely where we’re headed, if our government will not enforce our laws.
Yup, true!
The American people are ANGRY that illegals can come here, break our laws, suck up our tax dollars, & get away w/ it. I could see how it may anger many to the point of "The illegals break the laws, why can't I ?!?"

Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
I'M SICK TO DEATH OF THIS "A-LA-CARTE" GOVERNMENT WE HAVE NOW!

YOU CAN'T SELECTIVELY ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAW.

Why do we bother having a customs check at the airport?

EVERY FOREIGNER ENTERING THE USA NEEDS TO REFUSE TO SHOW THEIR PASSPORT AND EXERCISE "THEIR RIGHT" TO PROTEST THE U.S. GOVERNMENT NOT ENFORCING ALL OF THE IMMIGRATION LAWS ON THE BOOKS!

You can't select which laws you want to enforce! And that's what's going on here right now!

Either enforce them all
or DON'T ENFORCE THEM AT ALL!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As predicted, the “reasonable suspicion” clause has been blocked. Basically, all contentious aspects of the law have been stricken. Also, non-citizens will not be required to carry proof of legal status, which is mandated by Federal law. The law will become effective tomorrow, but with mega restrictions.

Federal judge rules on Arizona's immigration law
Well I suspect the Hezbola terrorist creeping around our border will have a field day with this one.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:43 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This is great great news!!! I am very proud of this judge! We need to let the conservatives and bigots know that they don't run things anymore. The Mexicans are here to stay and the old white tea party types need to get used to that. Arizona was stolen from Mexico to start with and the Mexicans have every right to be there.
She is an activist judge and that makes you proud?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM

349 posts, read 394,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
She is an activist judge and that makes you proud?
Define "activist judge" and explain how she meets that criteria please.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:48 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,554,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'M SICK TO DEATH OF THIS "A-LA-CARTE" GOVERNMENT WE HAVE NOW!

YOU CAN'T SELECTIVELY ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAW.

Why do we bother having a customs check at the airport?

EVERY FOREIGNER ENTERING THE USA NEEDS TO REFUSE TO SHOW THEIR PASSPORT AND EXERCISE "THEIR RIGHT" TO PROTEST THE U.S. GOVERNMENT NOT ENFORCING ALL OF THE IMMIGRATION LAWS ON THE BOOKS!

You can't select which laws you want to enforce! And that's what's going on here right now!

Either enforce them all
or DON'T ENFORCE THEM AT ALL!
Excellent point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or