U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,828,956 times

Advertisements

No one should be surprised by today's court ruling. It was a foregone conclusion that Arizona would lose in court. Now the appeal will go to the federal 9th circuit court in San Francisco; the most liberal federal jurisdiction. The Arizona law is over before it could go into effect and the appeal process will take months if not years. Arizona needs to accept the decision and allow the federal government to take responsibility for securing the border. One thing good about this controversy is that the federal government will now begin to control the border as it should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,555,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
No one should be surprised by today's court ruling. It was a foregone conclusion that Arizona would lose in court. Now the appeal will go to the federal 9th circuit court in San Francisco; the most liberal federal jurisdiction. The Arizona law is over before it could go into effect and the appeal process will take months if not years. Arizona needs to accept the decision and allow the federal government to take responsibility for securing the border. One thing good about this controversy is that the federal government will now begin to control the border as it should.

I don't think so, why would they NOW, since they haven't before?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,828,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I don't think so, why would they NOW, since they haven't before?
Because the pressure is really on now and there is no logical reason to not secure the border.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well I suspect the Hezbola terrorist creeping around our border will have a field day with this one.
Absolutely! Plus, some deported illegals have admitted they were waiting for this ruling to decide whether to illegally return via Arizona. This is their green light.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It won’t happen. Too many elites are profiting from illegal immigration, as well as the drug trade. A secure border would impede the flow of both.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM

69,297 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This is great great news!!! I am very proud of this judge! We need to let the conservatives and bigots know that they don't run things anymore. The Mexicans are here to stay and the old white tea party types need to get used to that. Arizona was stolen from Mexico to start with and the Mexicans have every right to be there.
We will see about that. You talk about narrow minded, I think you are the narrow minded ones. People who object to illegals are not biggots. I have some good friends, more than one of two that are to the left of liberal who want to see AZ law hold up. In fact a few have said they will not vote for Obama again if this law is stopped. So it isn't only Tea Partyers who are upset. There are a few libs on here that we will be hearing from in the next day that are as upset.

Nita

Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM

69,297 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Conservatives and bigots, huh? That right there invalidates any logical argument that you could have possibly had, which would have been a long shot by itself.

The type of attitude that you possess is what is leading America to its destruction. Hope you are happy with yourself. After reading your gay/crippled/liberal/muslim thread on the main politics forum, I can't see how any rational person would take you seriously.
I don't think they do.

Nita

Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,947,293 times
It's never over until the illegal fat lady is deported with her brood, and fertility candles.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We will see about that. You talk about narrow minded, I think you are the narrow minded ones. People who object to illegals are not biggots. I have some good friends, more than one of two that are to the left of liberal who want to see AZ law hold up. In fact a few have said they will not vote for Obama again if this law is stopped. So it isn't only Tea Partyers who are upset. There are a few libs on here that we will be hearing from in the next day that are as upset.

Nita
That's right. Ariz was taking a step in the right direction. It is about time that a State actually would enforce the laws of the US refuses to do. I was looking forward to giving them a chance to see how Ariz's approach to enforcing the laws might work out. I wish that the Federal Gov't was as kind, sympathetic and interceding to its gay tax paying citizens as it is to foreign born invaders. And I am one who they always scream would be profiled. I would not be afraid one iota of the ariz police and have every confidence that they would do the right thing.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM

6,465 posts, read 7,555,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Pro- criminals? And your side is the pro- racists and pro- bigots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
How does wanting criminals dealt with properly make one a racist and/or a biggot? I really don't understand that. Could you please explain. I wait patiently for your response. Something tells me I will be waiting a long time.
Still waiting for a response to my question blacknight, it's been two hours now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or