Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times

Advertisements

Heres a fun fact about America's theft of CA,NM,AZ,TX.
We bought that land in the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and....
There were approximately 80,000 Mexicans in the areas of California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas..
And during this period they made up 20% of the population.20%!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Do you carry proof of citizenship with you? Should everybody?
I never leave home without legal ID. I have to drive everywhere I go so I always carry my drivers license anyway.
Folks who are stopped for a moving violation must give up there ID anyway. How is this an intrusion?
If you are arrested for a non-moving violation you must identify yourself. Once again how is this an intrusion?
Legal aliens with a perm resident card are required to carry it at all times. My wife was instructed to do so not once but 3 times during her final interview when she received the card.
Once again what is the intrusion?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
How does wanting criminals dealt with properly make one a racist and/or a biggot? I really don't understand that. Could you please explain. I wait patiently for your response.
I'm still waiting for a liberal, any liberal on this forum, to answer the above question written in bold.

Since conservatives are constantly being written off as xenophobic, bigoted, racist, right-wing nut jobs by the lib's for our opinion on this matter of national security, I felt it should be an easy question to answer. But it seems to get the avoidance of those that criticize.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Seems a majority of those advocating for illegal immigration remain ignorant of fact, love rewriting history and then passing on to those who are too lazy to become educated with reality. Thank you for reminding them to crack a book.
With the exception of KevK who advocates for Aztlan, I don't recall anybody in this thread or any other thread who is advocating for illegal immigration. Repeating the same acusations do not necessarily make them true.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:43 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times
One problem I have is the feds saying the AZ law interfers with the enforcement of federal laws, yet sanctuary cities, which openly defy federal law, are allowed to exist with impunity.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
One problem I have is the feds saying the AZ law interfers with the enforcement of federal laws, yet sanctuary cities, which openly defy federal law, are allowed to exist with impunity.
This is exactly why we MUST secure the border NOW

Who's coming in that could very well be a threat to
OUR National Security and yet sleeper cells are given
safety in sanctuary cities

Old 07-29-2010, 01:56 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
Who ever heard of such crap as Sanctuary Cities. What is WRONG with these people enacting these policies? I know they are NOT American, but traitors to this Country. Get them out of here.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Also wanted to point out one little tidbit everyone seems to have ignored. One of the injunctions was that police officers are not REQUIRED to ask proof of citizenship, but it does not state they CANNOT ask. They are just not required nor will they be charged if they don't (remember the provision where one can sue if police do not follow law?). So what is the uproar REALLY about?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
When we refer to the term, "ILLEGAL" or "UNDOCUMENTED" what does this mean to you?
I blame the person coming over the border illegally, as much as the employer who hires them. Of course, they would not be coming over the border if the Mexican Government did not encourage them to because the Mexican govt's main income is from the money the illegals/legals send back to Mexico to their families. We ought to make tax them highly for monies sent back to Mexico.

We all know that the 15 to 20 million illegal Latinos , a high percentage of them are in jobs that do not furnish health insurance. Since they make very little money, would you assume, they pay their medical bills?

Would you assume the illegals coming across this border all have been checked by a doctor to determine if they have a illness or disease that can spread?

Of the 15 to 20 million undocumented people how many of them are in illegal drug trafficking?

The Undocumented children, who do not speak English, what is the tax burden on the school districts, that have to hire bi lingual teachers to teach them?

Have you ever drove in areas that were inhabited by Illegals and saw how they live? Would you want to live next door?

Would you say, that our country is better or worse, because of the illegals being here?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM

Oh damn, they (pro-illegal aliens) figured it out and are now protesting again, chuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration