U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
The role of a consulate is to provide protection and guidance to a country's own citizens.
True. However, the Mexican government routinely overstepped their bounds. They even attempted to influence a stay of execution for a convicted murderer.

If they truly wanted to offer guidance, they would encourage their citizens to obey our laws. Rather, they assist them in their quest to remain in this country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Just another incident to add to the list of ludicrous things happening in this country.

Since when do we allow a foreign government to set up shop here and "protect" their ILLEGAL citizens?

What the futz is going on in this country?

Don't they know who they work for in the government?

Don't they realize they are futzing up their chances for re-election?

With every single incident surrounding this topic the Obama administration is racking up violations with the American public and it's going to be a bloodbath in November.

I am appalled by the blatant disregard of the immigration laws of the United States that has been going on for the last 20 years.

This is INTERNATIONAL NEWS and the lead international story on Austrian radio this afternoon which I listen to while I'm at work.

I still, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, can't figure out WHY WE REQUIRE A VISA OR A PASSPORT OF ANY VISITOR WHO ENTERS THE UNITED STATES if we cannot ENFORCE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS ON THE BOOKS TODAY! AT THIS POINT WE'RE SELECTIVELY ENFORCING IMMIGRATION LAWS DOESN'T THAT CONSTITUTE SOME FORM OF DISCRIMINATION????

WE HAVE TO ENFORCE THEM ALL OR NONE AT ALL!!!!

WHAT THE FUTZ IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY?

Every single person flying into the USA needs to refuse to show their PASSPORT at customs to enter the USA BECAUSE OUR IMMIGRATION AND BORDER ENFORCEMENT IS A FUTZING JOKE!

I'm going to Europe next week and when I return I'm going to attempt to enter the US without showing my passport and then I'm going to make the customs guy answer one question for me.

"AS A U.S. CITIZEN WHY DO I NEED TO SHOW MY PASSPORT TO ENTER THE USA WHEN WE HAVE 30,000,000 ILLEGALS HERE THAT YOUR AGENCY WON'T APPREHEND AND RETURN TO THEIR NATION OF ORIGIN?"

I might make a scene and camp out in the futzin' customs check at LAX as a protest.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 07-28-2010 at 01:31 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,090,811 times
Gary is correct. The author of the article made the gaff in the title. However, they do say that Mexican consulate will "post" people on Staten Island. Using the word "post" almost sounds as if they will be guarding the island in an enforcement capacity.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:38 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
<<Using the word "post" almost sounds as if they will be guarding the island in an enforcement capacity.>>

It certainly does. The consulates are here to assist their people, but not on the streets. They have absolutely no right to 'post' anyone in public. Mexico pretty much gets it's way. I don't remember what the particular thing Calderon wanted at the time, but a couple of years ago he threatened to release the names of some powerful people in this country who are mixed up in some very questionable activities, if he didn't get what he wanted. So, IMO, he makes threats, and our politicians rush to do his bidding.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:48 PM

4,267 posts, read 7,883,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They even attempted to influence a stay of execution for a convicted murderer.
You mean the guy who was executed a while back? I think it was in the government's boundaries to try to do that, since the guy didn't get to meet a consular official when he was supposed to at some point, so the government argued it should be stayed so it can be determined if he needed a new trial.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Wow ... talk about North American Union. This is scary. How is it that law enforcement from another country can come here and play police officer? So, what happens when a Mexican official feels like discriminating against a "gringo?" And what's the point of them being there? They can actually enforce laws? That's ridiculous, they need to go back to Mexico and try to cut down on some of their murders and car bombings.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:58 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
So, yea, I just called the Staten Island precinct to ask them if it is true that law enforcement from Mexico are working the streets of Staten Island and if so, just what capacity are they working in? I guess they aren't there, but I'm going to call them tomorrow. I'm also going to ask them who approved of this.

I will say though that I don't know what this has to do with illegal immigration, but, it is an interesting story.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:56 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True. However, the Mexican government routinely overstepped their bounds. They even attempted to influence a stay of execution for a convicted murderer.

If they truly wanted to offer guidance, they would encourage their citizens to obey our laws. Rather, they assist them in their quest to remain in this country illegally.
Agreed, as in their handing out Matricula Consular - which no-one here LEGALLY needs - the only people that need that "ID" are illegals.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,882,078 times
Mexico condemns Staten Island hate crimes | SILive.com

Quote:
The victim...wass on his way to a deli...when police say he was assaulted by five black men yelling racial epithets.
I am really surprised that African Americans were the alleged attackers in this case. I hadn't heard anything about the perps race on TV news reports.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,882,078 times
Local news -- CBS2 had an interview with the victim, a 40 year old illegal who has been here 20 years. His interview was all in Spanish. They made a point in interviewing his 10 year-old grandson, who I can only guess was born here judging by his excellent command of English.

The man had a grandchild when he was 30? I went back and reread the link in my previous post, looked on the local news site....how old was this man when he had his first child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration