U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Local news -- CBS2 had an interview with the victim, a 40 year old illegal who has been here 20 years. His interview was all in Spanish. They made a point in interviewing his 10 year-old grandson, who I can only guess was born here judging by his excellent command of English.

The man had a grandchild when he was 30? I went back and reread the link in my previous post, looked on the local news site....how old was this man when he had his first child?
How can people ignore the fact that people who have been here 20 years or more can't even carry on a conversation in English? It's hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,850,725 times
What really burns me is why, now, are they reporting on the problems in PR? I live just over 1/2 mile from there. Close enough to hear the gunshots at night.

The news NEVER reports the gang fights and the attacks they make on whites and blacks. They NEVER report on the sexual harrasment of women by illegals - yes MEXICANS - while women walk down the street, the garbage strewn everywhere, the property values driven down by the disastrous condition of the houses the illegals live in (landlords fault as well).

The police NEVER lined up to protect us. Why are the illegals protected?

I can't condone the violence - no one deserves to be beaten for walking down the street. But, hey, some of 'them' have done it to 'us' and no body cared. No news reports. No increased policy presence.
No outcry from Rev. Troia. I'm so sick of it. This neighborhood is being destroyed.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
What really burns me is why, now, are they reporting on the problems in PR? I live just over 1/2 mile from there. Close enough to hear the gunshots at night.

The news NEVER reports the gang fights and the attacks they make on whites and blacks. They NEVER report on the sexual harrasment of women by illegals - yes MEXICANS - while women walk down the street, the garbage strewn everywhere, the property values driven down by the disastrous condition of the houses the illegals live in (landlords fault as well).

I can't condone the violence - no one deserves to be beaten for walking down the street. But, hey, some of 'them' have done it to 'us' and no body cared. No news reports. No increased policy presence.
No outcry from Rev. Troia. I'm so sick of it. This neighborhood is being destroyed.
I definitely feel what you are saying.

Something screwy is going on in the country. It's a time when the legal residents, many born here, are second-class to illegal immigrants. How that is being set up that way, I don't know, but it seems to be developing that way.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,850,725 times
I used to shop on that street when I was a kid. But now, if you're white or black, you really can't. It's too dangerous. My brother always yells at my mother for using a bank branch at the edge of that area. He's in emergency services and knows a lot of cops. They tell him some pretty horrid stories of what the gangs, and the wannabes, do to people, especially non-Mexicans.

But we are portrayed at racist and intolerant. Something has to be done FAST.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Read the article. Mexican officials are not "patrolling". The Guardian Angels are "patrolling". The Mexican Consulate has posted some personnel in Staten Island in an effort to safeguard the rights of individuals and effectively assist and provide information to the Mexican residents of this area.

"Five men attacked the 40-year-old Mexican man Friday night as he was walking home after a soccer game at Faber Park, cop said. The attackers allegedly pummeled him while yelling anti-Mexican epithets. The man suffered head trauma, a fractured jaw and needed ten stitches above his eye, officials said.
The group of men made off with his backpack.
This is at least the sixth violent, ethnically-charged incident that has taken place in the neighborhood since April, "
You would think the Mexican government would have enough on it's hands with the problems in cities like Juarez.

Police find 8 severed heads in northern Mexico - El Paso Times (http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_15615641?source=most_viewed - broken link)

Concerns in Juárez climb as bombing threat grows - El Paso Times

One of kidnapped Mexican journalists had worked in Juarez - El Paso Times

Five dead after shooting in Juárez barbershop - El Paso Times

Old 07-29-2010, 12:06 AM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post

I never knew a lot about SI, but I had thought it was a fairly solid area for a part of NYC. I am very sorry to learn that SI is experiencing the same BS as other areas and it is particularly egregious that the lawless are being given protection by the media, the politicos while the citizens are being dumped on.

Perhaps if Bloomberg gets jumped or shot by some of these illegals he might change his tune.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 AM

181 posts, read 292,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Local news -- CBS2 had an interview with the victim, a 40 year old illegal who has been here 20 years. His interview was all in Spanish. They made a point in interviewing his 10 year-old grandson, who I can only guess was born here judging by his excellent command of English.

The man had a grandchild when he was 30? I went back and reread the link in my previous post, looked on the local news site....how old was this man when he had his first child?
Considering age of consent in Mexico can be as low as 12....do the math......

Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
I am not saying this is right but when the federal government pushes the native born Americans into a corner and marginalizes them and their opinions on issues and refuses to protect them then they should not be suprised when Hispanic people get beaten to death. People are infuriated at what is essentially an invasion of our homeland, and the federal governments ongoing refusal to do anything about it except to reward the criminals and refuse to punish them. When people who deal with this on a daily basis see a Hispanic person they see the criminal, rapists, drug smugglers, etc and they react ... this is what happens when the federal government constantly ignores the will of the people and refuses to protect the country.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Obama even acknowledged in his statements regarding the Arizona law that his administration is following orders from the governments of foreign nations. He could not have made that more clear.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
if the attackers were white this would have been published in the article.
the burning question were the attackers AA?
this changes the OP doesnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration