U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 PM

72 posts, read 109,597 times

Advertisements

I am very angry, why? because I had been waiting for 9 years and I sacrificed a lot to come to US legally, but I see a lot of people here working and living illegally and nobody is doing anything about it and when a state decides to deal with the problem, government and court won't let them,why? I think this is very unfair to people like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 12:46 PM

2,731 posts, read 5,940,417 times
Our Government wants open borders,some people want votes and some cheap labor.
Many LEGAL immigrants feel the way you do but the media rarely tells their story.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM

30,911 posts, read 24,262,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahramTaba View Post
I am very angry, why? because I had been waiting for 9 years and I sacrificed a lot to come to US legally, but I see a lot of people here working and living illegally and nobody is doing anything about it and when a state decides to deal with the problem, government and court won't let them,why? I think this is very unfair to people like me.
i can certainly sympathize with you. i can tell you that americans as a whole have no problem with legal immigrants, and i agree that legal immigration is a tough way to go. kudos to you for doing it right. i believe a big reason that little is seemingly done about illegal immigrants is because the problem is in fact so large because it has been allowed to get out of hand, because of politics, both national and international. but i think the tide is beginning to turn, as more states are working on enacting similar laws that arizona and a couple of other states have, and as the people put pressure on the government to enforce immigration laws and seal the borders. all i can say is hang in there my friend.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,950,146 times
illegals are GOD now. they are in charge. we must worship them, and become their slaves. If we have a mansion, we are to turn it over to the illegals so that they can turn it into a giant birthing center...multiple births are rewarded with huge cash prizes....male babies are especially welcomed, and groomed at an early age to be pro war.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:04 PM

30,911 posts, read 24,262,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
illegals are GOD now. they are in charge. we must worship them, and become their slaves. If we have a mansion, we are to turn it over to the illegals so that they can turn it into a giant birthing center...multiple births are rewarded with huge cash prizes....male babies are especially welcomed, and groomed at an early age to be pro war.
you never cease to bring a smile to my face

Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 PM

90 posts, read 41,656 times
Quote:
YAWN -
Been like this for a long time. Did you just wake up?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,015,043 times
Quote:
I hear you. I'm aware of your plight. There are thousands of legal immigrants
waiting in line painterly. For many it takes years to get their green cards.
Our government is not interested in those people because they will have little effect on elections.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,671,787 times
Quote:
Shahram !!! ... On The Money !

It is outrageous to realize that so many of the inept "Career Politicians" in D.C.absolutely refuse to do the job they were elected to do ..... especially "The One" and Crew in the WH !

The "Illegal Alien" debacle in this nation must be resolutely addresses and resolved according to "The Current Laws" we have on the books ! These "Laws" when aggressively applied will do an efficient job and begin the massive arrest & deportation process for these "Illegals" !

If this nations laws will not be strictly enforced by the Government we have in place then my friends we have perhaps reached the point where
we are a nation of "No Laws" ... only destructive political agendas and survival !

Only those possessing a vastly "Anti-American" mindset would not want the "Nightmare" Illegal Alien " situation in this nation to be effectively resolved according to U.S. Law.

Are we a ""Nation Of Laws" ? ... Or a "Nation which is foolish enough to timidly allow our beloved land to be completely destroyed by those who would trample our "Proud American Culture" into the dust !

America ... Take a little time and think this over ! Because a damn little bit of time is about all you will have if something is not done to effectively rectify this extremely dire situation !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 07-28-2010, 01:46 PM

114,041 posts, read 52,415,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Shahram !!! ... On The Money !

It is outrageous to realize that so many of the inept "Career Politicians" in D.C.absolutely refuse to do the job they were elected to do ..... especially "The One" and Crew in the WH !

The "Illegal Alien" debacle in this nation must be resolutely addresses and resolved according to "The Current Laws" we have on the books ! These "Laws" when aggressively applied will do an efficient job and begin the massive arrest & deportation process for these "Illegals" !

If this nations laws will not be strictly enforced by the Government we have in place then my friends we have perhaps reached the point where
we are a nation of "No Laws" ... only destructive political agendas and survival !

Only those possessing a vastly "Anti-American" mindset would not want the "Nightmare" Illegal Alien " situation in this nation to be effectively resolved according to U.S. Law.

Are we a ""Nation Of Laws" ? ... Or a "Nation which is foolish enough to timidly allow our beloved land to be completely destroyed by those who would trample our "Proud American Culture" into the dust !

America ... Take a little time and think this over ! Because a damn little bit of time is about all you will have if something is not done to effectively rectify this extremely dire situation !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Amen!!!!!!!!!! Time to clean house in Washington! We want our laws enforced ..if they can't or won't do it give them the "Boot"!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM

3,162 posts, read 8,331,856 times
I am glad to hear that there are SOME people going the LEGAL route. Thank you, and we welcome you to this country.

I think there a few issues here.

1) a vast majority of the country doesn't have to deal with the "illegal" problem every day, like many of us do.

2) some people feel the need to want to help EVERYONE, regardless of the strain on everyone else.

3) american business owners still give jobs to illegals, because [the business owners] are cheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration