U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:49 AM

17,043 posts, read 11,430,626 times

Advertisements

Has the ruling by the Arizona judge just granted the illegals "superior citizen" status? I am required by the police in our state to present a driver's liscence if and when I am pulled over for a traffic violation. I am required to present proof of citizenship (birth certificate) when obtaining my liscence.

Has the federal judge in Arizona just given the illegals the right to refuse presentation of ID (which could only be obtained by citizenship proof) to officers of the law? I think the next time I am pulled over (I speed alot), I will refuse the officer to see my liscence and registration to precipitate a law suit against the state. I doubt very much that selective enforcement based on my race will hold up for them in court and it would be well worth the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 08:05 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,691,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Has the ruling by the Arizona judge just granted the illegals "superior citizen" status? I am required by the police in our state to present a driver's liscence if and when I am pulled over for a traffic violation. I am required to present proof of citizenship (birth certificate) when obtaining my liscence.

Has the federal judge in Arizona just given the illegals the right to refuse presentation of ID (which could only be obtained by citizenship proof) to officers of the law? I think the next time I am pulled over (I speed alot), I will refuse the officer to see my liscence and registration to precipitate a law suit against the state. I doubt very much that selective enforcement based on my race will hold up for them in court and it would be well worth the money.
It is amazing, isn't it? I am an American citizen. When I moved to a new state and went to apply for a new license, I presented my license from the state where I had moved from (still current.) But, I was sent home to fetch the necessary birth certificate. DH had to have cleared up a "hold" placed on his license related to speeding tickets from 30 years ago in a different state before getting his new license issued. I recently traveled "abroad" to Canada and was required to show my passport 5 times before reentering the U.S.

Why?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 AM

9,644 posts, read 8,362,582 times
its telling people that being illegal is. Come here take our jobs, Use our resources. Make yourself at home. To heck with it you commit crimes against the citizens of this nation.

You are above all that. We are going to treat you special because we want the hispanic vote.

All criminals now need to say they shouldnt be prosecuted because illegals arent. Seems only fair. Ctiziens commit a crime they are punished. Illegals arent
'
Why should we have to show id or prove anything when an illegal doesnt. Heck lets all become undocumented. Since there is special treatment for them

Old 07-29-2010, 08:10 AM

5,037 posts, read 4,199,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
It is amazing, isn't it? I am an American citizen. When I moved to a new state and went to apply for a new license, I presented my license from the state where I had moved from (still current.) But, I was sent home to fetch the necessary birth certificate. DH had to have cleared up a "hold" placed on his license related to speeding tickets from 30 years ago in a different state before getting his new license issued. I recently traveled "abroad" to Canada and was required to show my passport 5 times before reentering the U.S.

Why?
You make perfect sense. All of these petty, ridiculous arguments and excuses by the left are baseless and just dont hold water.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:13 AM

42,332 posts, read 50,002,628 times
What's even funnier is that there is a FEDERAL law that says if you are a resident alien here on a visa/green card, YOU MUST carry documents that confirm this status with you at all times.

So let me see...you have to carry your ID if you are legal...but let's make some hoopla about maybe catching some illegals by asking for ID that you're already supposed to carry...strangely circularly strange.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:13 AM

3,776 posts, read 3,787,824 times
Quote:

I agree but your little aside "I speed alot" and "the next time" as you are sure there will indeed be a next time just cracked me up! Love your honesty and self knowledge! Thanks for the chuckle.
Oh, p.s. I am a reformed member of your club. I use to speed a lot too!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Well - police would have to profile in order to ascertain that someone might be an American citizen so I don't believe they can ask anyone for any kind of ID document now.

Or is the Obama administration racist against the American people so that Americans can be asked to show a drivers license but illegals must never be asked?

This was one of the stupidest rulings by a judge ever - and it shows clearly what their agenda is. Illegals are certainly a protected class of people who are not expected to abide by any law - unless the Mexican government says so.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

285 posts, read 447,879 times
Does that mean now if get pulled over, all I have to do is speak Spanish and I will be let go with no ticket or any other punishment? I realize that was how the illegals were being treated before the ruling but now it's actually 'legal'?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:05 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,959,924 times
This law is full of holes. What is wrong with this picture ? Would any other country put up with US citizens waltzing in, demanding special status ? I would hope they had the balls to kick my sorry self out of their country.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:31 AM

3,858 posts, read 5,975,136 times
Quote:

The injunction does not prevent police officers from demanding driver's licenses, registration & proof of insurance. It just precludes them from requiring proof of citizenship or immigration status & detaining people on that basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or