U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,935,503 times

Advertisements

All this controversy over AZ,etc would going after Employers..
A better approach?You would take away some folks "race-cards"lol.
Put into place something like E-verify nationwide and make it next to..
Impossible for illegals to work and watch them self-deport.
Put more random checks in place to deter a company from hiring..
Someone "off the books".Check construction sites,etc
Of course a system would have to be in place to keep illegals from..
Getting any benefits from the Government as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 PM

640 posts, read 1,513,797 times
Jailing and fining the employers and taking any government benefits away would indeed be the most effective and it would be much tougher for pro-illegal immigration groups to play the "race card" even though they will continue to try. However, it is more politically popular to simply say you are going to go after illegals, even if there are millions of Americans who fit the brown skinned phenotype. This country will do anything to protect and not insult its upper class, even though there are the main ones who hire illegal immigrants. Then we tolerate how two faced some of these people are when they say they are anti-illegal immigration. Start fining and jailing anyone who so much as considers hiring an illegal immigrant and this problem would go away much quicker.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
STOP EVERY incentive, jobs, social services, housing and medical care. Birthright citizenship needs to be recinded.
We do not need illegal aliens in this Country.

Last edited by getout; 07-29-2010 at 03:49 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 03:35 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,095,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
All this controversy over AZ,etc would going after Employers..
A better approach?You would take away some folks "race-cards"lol.
Put into place something like E-verify nationwide and make it next to..
Impossible for illegals to work and watch them self-deport.
Put more random checks in place to deter a company from hiring..
Someone "off the books".Check construction sites,etc
Of course a system would have to be in place to keep illegals from..
Getting any benefits from the Government as well.
SUPPOSEDLY, the nobama administration did some deporting recently and cracked down on the employers by fining them metric a$$loads of money for hiring illegals.

again, i say 'supposedly' because barely anyone has picked up this story.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:36 PM

6,445 posts, read 7,551,913 times
How about a $100,000 fine to companies for EACH illegal they have under the table. I don't care if the price of meat and vegetables quadruples. Get them out of here.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,095,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Birthright citizenship needs to be recinded.
i dont agree with anything you said but this. as someone who had to take a shot to his pride, at one point i had to go on food stamps. i was working, only part time and i lived in a tech city and the tech market had just begun to crash.

however, i did the logical thing and moved to a city where i could easily start my own business, where the cost of living is dramatically lower, where people arent stuck up liberal hippies, where housing isnt overpriced...

i could go on, but i wont.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,945,754 times
It kills me when they won't bother using e-verify, or when they feign ignorance. How about the old sob stories ?? "Oh the poor guy has 25 KIDS" or "They love America" or "Mexico is sooo corrupt" or "well, dang, I say just give 'em all amnesty, and legalize drugs and the cartels will dry up, and blow away" or "most of them are hard working" or "they are always laughing, and they crack me up" or "one of them might find the cure for cancer, or locate a gold mine"..how about the truth ? "The little suckers work cheap because they fear deportation, and I am a sunofab*tch and will gladly take advantage of that fact"

Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

90 posts, read 41,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't care if the price of meat and vegetables quadruples. .
ohh, i think you do CARE.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i dont agree with anything you said but this. as someone who had to take a shot to his pride, at one point i had to go on food stamps. i was working, only part time and i lived in a tech city and the tech market had just begun to crash.

however, i did the logical thing and moved to a city where i could easily start my own business, where the cost of living is dramatically lower, where people arent stuck up liberal hippies, where housing isnt overpriced...

i could go on, but i wont.
NON citizens are not entitled to OUR monies, which are exclusively reserved for AMERICANS. Hiring illegal aliens undermines our own economy, giving them subsidized housing TAKES from our very own (so YOU could have when needed). How in the world can you not agree with these protests? Why in any right mind would anyone want a person in this Country from another country, by the millions, pay for everything, while taking from their own? If you do, then YOU adopt an illegal alien and pay for all their expenses. Quite frankly, I'm tired of taking care of them, their children, father, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc. I have enough to take care of in my own backyard, Americans who need help when down. Go Home and GETOUT!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,945,754 times
Maybe I am a bit "Twilight Zonish" but I love the idea of snitching on the illegals, and goons who hire them, and having them deported, and punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration