U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:42 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,097,271 times

Advertisements

ohsnap.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM

90 posts, read 41,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What about the part where is says the Federal government is required to protect our borders?

Whatever happened to "common defense and general welfare"? You know as in kicking out the invaders and restoring some civility to our borders.
your definition of "protect" and the governments is obviously different.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,851,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Yes, judges should rule based on opinion polls not the law.
In my "opinion" her opinion is based on democratic policy and by a Clinton appointee at that. Yes we all have an opinion the are like..............well you know the rest.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,145,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Yes, judges should rule based on opinion polls not the law.
Thats funny, I thought that laws were formed from majority opinions and voting not a "single ruler".
Nice to know you put your life in the hands of someone who could give a rats ass about you.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:30 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,036,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
As detailed by Edwin Rubenstein in Criminal Alien Nation, criminal illegal aliens are a growing threat. In summary, he reports:

In 1980, our Federal and state facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens but at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in U.S. correctional facilities, as follows

* 46,000 in Federal prisons
* 74,000 in state prisons
* 147,000 in local jails
And yet, liberals are shouting that it is racist to incarcerate those people since they really did nothing wrong even though the came in illegally. I wonder if they have a different definition of illegal than I do.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i dont lean left, but rasmussen generally leans right. got a more 'unbiased' source?
I doubt that there is a left leaning source that can get from 68% to 50%. I see Rasmussen as making the mistake of not talking to just anybody but trying to stay with only voters. That is the thing that liberals don't like about Rasmussen.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 PM

640 posts, read 296,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that the numbers of people in favor of completing the fence at our souothern border is growing rather rapidly so maybe the Judge needs to look at some truth and a bit less Holder. The count of American voters who prefer the completion of the fence has risen from 59% to 68% in the last 5 months.

Support for Mexican Border Fence Up to 68% - Rasmussen Reports™
Perhaps you might want to consult with any attorneys you may know personally regarding the ruling and what it was all about......especially federal prosecutors would understand it very well.....

A court ruling is not influenced by poll numbers or popularity contests.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1 View Post
your definition of "protect" and the governments is obviously different.
Especially this government. They refuse to protect our borders or to strengthen them and have said plainly that they won't.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Perhaps you might want to consult with any attorneys you may know personally regarding the ruling and what it was all about......especially federal prosecutors would understand it very well.....

A court ruling is not influenced by poll numbers or popularity contests.
I heard Chris Kovac who helped write that law talk today and I think he can handle the argument quite well. He served in the DOJ for a year with a good Republican and has been teaching law in a university for some time. I will be voting for him for AG of Kansas in Tuesday's primary so I better believe the words he says.

Hey, I will discuss this one with a federal prosecutor I know very well, my niece. She has dealt with some of this stuff and although she has worked as a prosecutor for the SEC for several years I bet she understands this one.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Can you provide me with evidence and statistics that demonstrate how these so called "invaders" are a threat to our country? Have you ever lived near the border? I have.
How long ago were you near the border? How near? Somehow the people of Arizona can't understand how Mexican criminals can take over about 80 miles of their territory without some military might being directed toward the area to push those hoods out of there. You were closer than 80 miles from the border, weren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or