U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The most important thing the US federal government can do is protect the country from invasion.

Any other issues are secondary to that one.

If the feds won't do it, the states will. It's a matter of survival.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM

1,493 posts, read 2,580,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
So your point is that the US did steal the Southwest at gunpoint. It's not a myth. But... tough noogies!
And other countries stole their land at spear point and sword point.

They should count their blessings anyway. Those people have it better than others do in their own country of Mexico.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:49 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:
So your point is that the US did steal the Southwest at gunpoint. It's not a myth. But... tough noogies!
Is that what they are teaching in school these days? No wonder our school system has gone down the tubes.

I suppose you also believe it is the US's fault that the drug cartels bring drugs in too. "If no one would buy it I wouldn't HAVE to bring it in."

And of course it HAS to be an employers fault that he employs an illegal...even after being given false documents to prove employability.

I guess it's also the fault of the US that illegals are here at all. I mean, if our border isn't "closed" it must mean illegals are invited. It's sad that Mexico wants to blame everyone else for their problems. And it's becoming very obvious that one thing they don't TEACH is personal responsibility.

It seems as if the best solution is to CLOSE the border so the US isn't CREATING all these problems for Mexicans. Then the Mexicans can hold their own gov't responsible for their problems.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,850,347 times
Quote:
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mexico didn't have much choice. The US had invaded Mexico and captured major cities including Mexico City. Guadalupe Hidalgo was the Mexico City suburb where the treaty was signed. The choices were either agree to the treaty or we don't leave.
doesn't matter, signed sealed, delivered, done deal, learn to live with it, like it or not

Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Nope. My point is that trying to use this as an excuse for illegal immigration is just about as valid as the excuse used in my analogy.
The land wasn't stolen. Mexico agreed to the treaty. Not all treaties are equal to both parties involved.
It matters not a lick if the illegals agree with a treaty signed 150 years ago. What matters is that today we have laws. We have the right to enforce those laws.
Or as your side is so found of saying. If you don't like the laws or the borders vote for reps who share your opinions and make the change happen. But don't use your personal beliefs as an excuse for criminal behavior.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:12 PM

61 posts, read 64,137 times
No! The Americans that care about our country and live by the rule of law will not just give up! No reconquest of the USA is going to be allowed without major resistance from us!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM

4,572 posts, read 3,829,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
And other countries stole their land at spear point and sword point.
Hmmm.... should England demand some type of reparations from Rome? Not all of Italy, mind you, -- just Rome --- as compensation for the damages which may have been done 2000 years ago. And then let's take another look at the evils of the Greek empire...

And I won't even mention the whole dinosaurs vs. meteor thing for which reptiles are still suffering as an oppressed underclass.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:12 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,248,904 times
pfffff Mexico didn't own the land in the first place. the land was stolen by the spaniards from the native americans not the mexicans

Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 PM

346 posts, read 616,189 times
Years ago, countries would always "steal" land. It's how war and treaties go. Once a land is taken away, you cannot whine and complain about it being taken. The only way to get it back is to either A.)More war or B.)Demographic infiltration.

The argument that the land belonged to Mexico is a silly one, because then we could say that about tons of countries. We could say "Oh but in 300 B.C. Germany belonged to a tribe that now resides in Russia, therefore Russia should receive Germany because it used to be ours!" (Yes, this is a historically inaccurate statement, but I'm just showing you how silly the arguments people make are).

Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM

61 posts, read 64,137 times
I agree but there laying claim to it and this is there justification for being here and taking advantage of our social services because they feel we owe them. Our Federal Government is supporting there claim so they can stay in office. They have declared war against us and are willing to fight us on the streets for it. Wake up people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or