Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Now they are threatening us with criminal action if we don't educate them and give them jobs. We will jail then deport them.

Bill banning illegal immigrants from Ga. colleges clears House panel *| ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Not real smart there, illegal aliens. Your making no friends with your threats and LOTS more enemies.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Now they are threatening us with criminal action if we don't educate them and give them jobs. We will jail then deport them.

Why don't we do what the countries they come from would do and really play hardball? I'm kidding, but seriously who cares what they think they're going to do??? If they want to live here they need to put into the economy like American citizens do. When is this nonsense going to end???

Old 03-22-2012, 01:21 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
“What are you going to do with hundreds or thousands of kids who [finish] k-12 and then cannot go to college and then walk the street. They end up robbing you. And what are you going to do? You are going to build more jails instead of building children?”
What proof does Suttiwan Cox have to support this statement

Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
What proof does Suttiwan Cox have to support this statement
None.

But he does have a damn fine point, particularly with this part of the quote: “What are you going to do with hundreds or thousands of kids who [finish] k-12 and then cannot go to college...". Which brings us to this small point. WE, the system in the U.S., give these illegals this sense of entitlement because they have ALREADY ENJOYED a free education system for 13 years in this country.

Anyone else see where I'm going with this?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
None.

But he does have a damn fine point, particularly with this part of the quote: “What are you going to do with hundreds or thousands of kids who [finish] k-12 and then cannot go to college...". Which brings us to this small point. WE, the system in the U.S., give these illegals this sense of entitlement because they have ALREADY ENJOYED a free education system for 13 years in this country.

Ya, cradle to grave entitlements.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
What happened to the argument that the illegals were necessary to fill jobs that Americans would not do? Kansas was giving them in-state tuition but the Republicans came into power and that ended. Kansas likes to wave the illegal friendly flag and that keeps wages down and taxes high. I can't understand why all the states aren't doing what some are and getting their law enforcement officers the ability to detain and then have the illegals deported. Most people doing illegal things try real hard to keep it to themselves! I do feel for the legal immigrants that sometimes get caught up in this by accident but we all benefit in the end by enforcing the laws that we thought were important enough to put on the books.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:03 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What happened to the argument that the illegals were necessary to fill jobs that Americans would not do? Kansas was giving them in-state tuition but the Republicans came into power and that ended. Kansas likes to wave the illegal friendly flag and that keeps wages down and taxes high. I can't understand why all the states aren't doing what some are and getting their law enforcement officers the ability to detain and then have the illegals deported. Most people doing illegal things try real hard to keep it to themselves! I do feel for the legal immigrants that sometimes get caught up in this by accident but we all benefit in the end by enforcing the laws that we thought were important enough to put on the books.
I don't get what point you are trying to make here.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

And watch the flight from georgia into another state begin. I remember when they passed their immigration laws last year and you began to see the farms complaining about not being able to find the workers that the republicans said they would have no trouble finding. We had the same issue here in maryland with crab picking houses when the guest worker program was threatened. if they ate having issue in a BAD economy then what chances do you think they will have in a good one?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
None.

Most illegals pay taxes a point proved time and time again. Not to mention they pay sales tax, real estate taxes, and taxes dealing with vehicles So how is having something they pay for them having a sense of entitlement ? Also nice to know that if someones parents brings them to america illegally as a child, they do well in school, and now at 18 they are told FU basically. Thats okay though because plenty of states like mine do, and offer fast track to in state tuition. So in the end georgia is going to lose out on multiple billions of dollars over this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration