U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 12:51 AM

16,174 posts, read 27,443,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
If this outlaw sheriff had his way, he would deport blacks too. He is going against FEDERAL LAW.
I hope the SS arrests him.
Well, he can't deport anybody. All he can do is to arrest illegal immigrants and turn them in to the Federal Government. However, lest say that he could deport blacks, hispanics, Asians, Russians, and so forth: in this case that should not be a problem as long as he is deporting illegal immigrants. Don't you think so?

Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 AM

5,941 posts, read 3,238,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Would the Secret Service arrest him? Wouldn't that be the FBI's job?

The Schutzstaffel (fortunately) does not exist anymore.

The answer IMO is a consent decree imposed by the DOJ on the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department. If one were imposed, Arpaio would assuredly resign immediately. Problem solved.
The only way Joe is leaving office is feet first. He would defy the DOJ in a heartbeat. See, Joe can't stay away from TV cameras.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:08 AM

17,449 posts, read 22,965,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The only way Joe is leaving office is feet first. He would defy the DOJ in a heartbeat. See, Joe can't stay away from TV cameras.
Under a consent decree, the DOJ would effectively be in control of the department and Joe, unless he was willing to give in and work with the feds, wouldn't have any decision making power. His policies would be dismantled. He'd be a lame duck figurehead if he were to stay on under those circumstances. I think he'd resign. However, he'd assuredly try to run for another office.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,435,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, he can't deport anybody. All he can do is to arrest illegal immigrants and turn them in to the Federal Government. However, lest say that he could deport blacks, hispanics, Asians, Russians, and so forth: in this case that should not be a problem as long as he is deporting illegal immigrants. Don't you think so?
I can't help but wonder if he comes across the taliban, will protesters be so quick to demand their 'rights' too? Taliban has the right to remain silent, and the right not to come here.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 AM

4,831 posts, read 6,048,556 times
Quote:
Not really, the sheriff defies FEDERAL LAWS.
The sheriffs of new mexico GO BY THE LAW.
You do realize that the portion of the law struck down the shall ask for immigration status but still allows may ask immigration status?

Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 AM

20,006 posts, read 15,177,900 times
Quote:
If this outlaw sheriff had his way, he would deport blacks too. He is going against FEDERAL LAW.
I hope the SS arrests him.
Jawohl!

Dude, your heroes are long dead. But, just incase you want something to remember them by...

Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Not really, the sheriff defies FEDERAL LAWS.
The sheriffs of new mexico GO BY THE LAW.
Not really. The sheriff has a FEDERAL contract to enforce immigration law that is separate and apart from Arizona's SB 1070 and has been in effect for years.

Try as they might, not even Obama's puppet investigators can find an instance of racial profiling to pin on Sheriff Joe and his department.

Whatever is going on in New Mexico doesn't hold too much weight. They give state drivers licenses to people who are in this country in direct violation of sovereign U.S. law. They don't have a horse in this race.

Lo siento mucho acerca de su mala suerte.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 AM

2,480 posts, read 2,795,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Jawohl!

Dude, your heroes are long dead. But, just incase you want something to remember them by...
Nice photo, where did you steal it from? or, was that in your archives of long lost heroes?

SS, Secret Service
United States Secret Service

How did the mere mention of taliban enter into this discussion? Illegal latinos are now in a catagory w/taliban? You righties sure love a stretch.

A few states offer DL's to illegals:
Utah currently only state to offer ID cards to illegal immigrants. Wisconsin may join

Yeah, I'd like illegals to obtain DL's, that would require them to carry insurance, plus it would help identify who they are.

I do not view illegals (from mexico) as terrorists. It's not Joe's job to enforce immigration law/policy. He is overstepping his authority, and should be arrested or removed from the office of which he holds.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:23 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Nice photo, where did you steal it from? or, was that in your archives of long lost heroes?

SS, Secret Service
United States Secret Service

How did the mere mention of taliban enter into this discussion? Illegal latinos are now in a catagory w/taliban? You righties sure love a stretch.

A few states offer DL's to illegals:
Utah currently only state to offer ID cards to illegal immigrants. Wisconsin may join

Yeah, I'd like illegals to obtain DL's, that would require them to carry insurance, plus it would help identify who they are.

I do not view illegals (from mexico) as terrorists. It's not Joe's job to enforce immigration law/policy. He is overstepping his authority, and should be arrested or removed from the office of which he holds.
1. Please post a Link that proves the good sheriff wants to deport blacks.
2. Illegal latino's, whites, blacks, asians are about the same. Criminals, liars, cheats and thieves.
This isn't a race issue. The fact just happens toi be that latino's are by far the worst offenders. Its not racist to point out that fact.
What do illegals deserve? Respect? Special consideration? Special rights?
No they just deserve to be held accountable for (all) of the crimes that they commit.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:07 AM

2,480 posts, read 2,795,255 times
Quote:
No they just deserve to be held accountable for (all) of the crimes that they commit.
Post a link that proves illegals commit more crimes than other ethnic groups. (you can't) BC it's not a fact. Most people from Mexico come to America looking for work, isn't that a surprize?
After watching news reports, crimes by latinos is DOWN in AZ, thank you.
I forgot to put one of these when I wrote that Joe would be arresting or deporting blacks. I was being sarcastic, but some people are thick upstairs and didn't get it.
Joe just hates illegal latinos. He shouldn't be singling out certain ethnic peoples, he could be violating peoples civil rights and human rights. He is already violating Federal Laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration