U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 AM

2,791 posts, read 3,555,549 times

Advertisements

Oh Boo-freakin'-hoo. I get so sick of people whining & crying about CRIMINALS, & how the EVIL SHERIFF actually goes after them!! If all the jails in this country were as tough as Joe's,there would be a LOT less crime!! Too many jails & too many courts are way too easy on criminals.
If illegal Mexicans don't want to be jailed or deported for crossing the border ILLEGALLY, they should keep their butts home & work on their OWN country. American taxpayers are sick & tired of footing the bill for their welfare,medical insurance and all the money it costs us to JAIL them!! Why the heck do WE have to pay to keep them in OUR jails?? What happened to deporting them back to their own country, & let THEM foot the bill??

Quote:
Joe just hates illegal latinos. He shouldn't be singling out certain ethnic peoples, he could be violating peoples civil rights and human rights
Utter BS -- The fact is that as a BORDER STATE, there are MORE LATINOS in AZ,so how can they HELP but arrest more of them???!!! "DUH"!!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:22 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Post a link that proves illegals commit more crimes than other ethnic groups. (you can't) BC it's not a fact. Most people from Mexico come to America looking for work, isn't that a surprize?
After watching news reports, crimes by latinos is DOWN in AZ, thank you.
I forgot to put one of these when I wrote that Joe would be arresting or deporting blacks. I was being sarcastic, but some people are thick upstairs and didn't get it.
Joe just hates illegal latinos. He shouldn't be singling out certain ethnic peoples, he could be violating peoples civil rights and human rights. He is already violating Federal Laws.
Did anyone say illegals commit more or less crimes? NO . Besides illegals are not an ethnic group. They are made up of all groups.
But 100% of all illegals are in fact criminals. Not just some, not just the bad ones, all of them.
Add to the crime of illegal immigration you have fraud and tax evasion. If the crimes stop here that is the best case scenario. The reality however is different.
Illegals driving without a license, insurance and often without the ability to read english has resulted in US citizens falling victim.
The point is every victim of a crime committed by an illegal could have and should have been prevented.
So what is acceptable?
I would compare crimes committed by illegals v.s legal immigrants. It would be a lopsided contest to be sure.
The idea that Joe hates illegals is not a problem for me. I hate criminals also. The idea that he feels law abiding citizens should come first is refreshing. Like Joe I have no respect or use for any criminal.
One can hardly equate the illegal as a victim in the story. They after made a choice to live as criminals. When you do this then you accept that life will be difficult when you must hide from the law.
Why an illegal comes here is of no relevance. We allow more legal immigration to this country than any other, and in fact possibly more than all others combined. We have no obligation to grant a VISA to every applicant or even accept anyone who isn't a perfect fit. In fact we need to raise the benchmark. We don't need unskilled labor. We produce an abundance of such. We don't need criminals. We obviously produce enough of those as well.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:25 AM

747 posts, read 1,516,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Oh Boo-freakin'-hoo. I get so sick of people whining & crying about CRIMINALS, & how the EVIL SHERIFF actually goes after them!! If all the jails in this country were as tough as Joe's,there would be a LOT less crime!! Too many jails & too many courts are way too easy on criminals.
If illegal Mexicans don't want to be jailed or deported for crossing the border ILLEGALLY, they should keep their butts home & work on their OWN country. American taxpayers are sick & tired of footing the bill for their welfare,medical insurance and all the money it costs us to JAIL them!! Why the heck do WE have to pay to keep them in OUR jails?? What happened to deporting them back to their own country, & let THEM foot the bill??

Utter BS -- The fact is that as a BORDER STATE, there are MORE LATINOS in AZ,so how can they HELP but arrest more of them???!!! "DUH"!!!!
Great post!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 939 times
Sheriff Joe is my hero!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:34 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,948,605 times
Joe has the nuts to actually deal with these scumbags.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:15 AM

346 posts, read 616,485 times
How DARE Sheriff Joe go after illegal immigrants! He should be like other sheriff's who coddle and hug them. Identity theft and breaking our nation's immigration laws are both legal, and this is fact. Sheriff Joe is an outlaw for being one of the only sheriff's willing to enforce immigration law. /sarcasm off

It's really sad and pathetic that a sheriff who actually enforces immigration laws is branded as a "racist", "outlaw", or "evil". When did we become a group of weaklings that sympathizes with law-breakers and ostracizes law enforcement?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,691,681 times
Quote:
Post a link that proves illegals commit more crimes than other ethnic groups. (you can't) BC it's not a fact. Most people from Mexico come to America looking for work, isn't that a surprize?
After watching news reports, crimes by latinos is DOWN in AZ, thank you.
I forgot to put one of these when I wrote that Joe would be arresting or deporting blacks. I was being sarcastic, but some people are thick upstairs and didn't get it.
Joe just hates illegal latinos. He shouldn't be singling out certain ethnic peoples, he could be violating peoples civil rights and human rights. He is already violating Federal Laws.
U.S. unemployment is holding steady at nearly 10% of all working age adults. This number does not include teenagers, the under-employed, those who can find only part-time work, or those who have given up.

We don't need people coming from Mexico looking for work.
We need jobs for American citizens and legal immigrants.

Illegal immigration is a drain on ALL of America and it needs to end--not with shamnesty, but with enforcement.

A good number of Sheriff Joe's officers are Latino. I seriously doubt that they would agree with your statement about his feelings toward Latinos. Additionally. if there were 20 million illegal aliens in this country from Sweden, I seriously doubt you'd be crying in your beer about their civil or human rights as all of America suddenly became suspicious of blondes.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
The 'Outlaw Sherriff'?.....you mean, the Sherriff may be doing things that are illegal?....He may 'know' the law, but refuses to enforce it in the way some people would like?...that he is willing to let some things slide, but get real picky on other things?

Wow....that's going to be hard to wrap my mind around. Do you think anyone else in Maricopa County is playing games with the law? This is disturbing....a guy willing to 'bend' the law according to how he feels about things. To do what he feels is right, regardless of how the public feels. The NERVE !

"Outlaw" Sherriff, huh?...well, at least he's not an "illegal" Sherriff....(I guess).

Wow....just wow...

Old 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM

32,817 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Quote:
Not really, the sheriff defies FEDERAL LAWS.
The sheriffs of new mexico GO BY THE LAW.
Then why hasn't Obama had him arrested? Oh ya, cause he's not breaking any laws.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,184,866 times
ONLY the evil liberals would even think of bashing and attacking a sheriff who does his job and does it pretty damn good. We need more Sheriff Joes. Instead of arresting CRIMINALS and coddling them, they need a little humiliation and they need to be put to work.

All prisons/jails should be modeled after Joes. And he's an American patriot for being the so called "outlaw" that he is. Screw all the politically correct crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration